In this section...
- Charming Partner Hotel
- Atmospheric Old Town setting in Rethymno
- Beautifully styled suites
- Meze restaurant and bar
- Fine-dining courtyard restaurant
- Flexible stays available (minimum 3 nights)
At the beating heart of Rethymno’s vibrant Old Town, our new Partner Hotel is an exquisite blend of avant-garde charm and old-school sophistication. Spread across a number of beautifully renovated Venetian buildings, its beguiling atmosphere is at once both flamboyant and refined, elegant yet informal.
The proud owner Katerina Xekalou has reinvented the term boho-chic and made it her own, as if it originated under the seductive vines that adorn the pale pink and ochre buildings of Rethymno’s narrow streets. The vision for this delightful boutique hotel was born out of her love for the sort of congenial gatherings she experienced as a child – centred around great food, terrific company and the warm spirit of Cretan hospitality that defines the island. And she has kept this spirit alive to captivating effect.
The spacious hotel suites are artistically styled, merging classic décor and contemporary design, each with a unique identity and colour palette. One-of-a-kind antiques sit comfortably alongside more contemporary pieces, creating a relaxed sense of grandeur without a note of fustiness thanks to Katerina’s impeccable taste and creative flair. The beds are sumptuous, bathrooms are decadent and there are plenty of endearing little touches to make you feel perfectly at home.
Outside, it’s a privilege to be amongst such a vital community. The tables of the hotel’s excellent meze restaurant line the street and the jovial soundscape of animated chatter is underscored by the sensual rhythms of salsa and Latin jazz playing in the background. The hotel is also home to a well-stocked bar with a tempting selection of Cretan and international wines (tasting sessions are available) and Avli’s fine-dining restaurant is world renowned. The enchanting courtyard setting, brimming with bougainvillea, jasmine and roses, is almost as fragrant and delicious as the dishes that appear before you. Immaculately presented and beautifully served, the tasting and pairing menus are not to be missed, with waiting staff and the hotel sommelier on hand to add insight and guidance to the exquisite flavour combinations.
For those with culinary ambitions of their own, cookery classes are available and nothing is too much trouble for the hotel concierge team who are happy to offer guidance and arrange boat trips, massage, picnics and more. And for a little extra indulgence, the rooftop terrace is home to a rather grand jacuzzi, a beautiful spot to relax and gaze out across the Old Town as the setting sun casts its golden glow across the skyline.
Rethymno itself has everything you could wish for; culture, beaches and a superb selection of shops, bars and restaurants to suit all tastes. Stay for a week, or add three nights or more to your villa or hotel holiday for a truly magical Cretan adventure. A stay at Avli is a joyous, life-affirming event; once you’ve experienced the warm embrace of such sparkling hospitality and attractive surroundings, we know you’ll want to return again and again.
Good to know... All Simpson Travel stays of 3-nights or more at Avli, include a complimentary meze lunch and wine tasting. Why not add a 3-night stay at Avli to your villa holiday? For prices, visit: 10-night holidays in Greece.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Crete
- Ten suite hotel set in and around a cluster of Venetian buildings in the Old Town
- Junior Suites 35-38m2 (sleep 2)
- Executive Suites 36m2 (sleep 2)
All suites include
- Daily breakfast (8.30am to 11.30am)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Satellite TV
- Direct dial Telephone
- Refrigerator with complimentary local refreshments
- Welcome tray with local products
- Jacuzzi bathtub or jet shower
- Bathrobes, slippers and personal care items
- Daily maid service
- Room service (16 hours)
- Laundry service (return within 24 hours)
- Use of the outdoor Jacuzzi located on the hotel roof terrace; with umbrellas, tables and deck chairs, overlooking the Fortezza castle
- Complimentary meze lunch and wine tasting for stays of 3-nights or more
- Reception and Concierge
- Two restaurants (one fine-dining and one serving Cretan classics and meze)
- Wine bar
Please note... Avli suites enjoy a central location above the streets of Rethymno's pedestrianised Old Town and some noise may be audible from the cafés and restaurants below.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
- Rethymno Old Town location with shops, bars and restaurants on the doorstep
- Beach 5min walk
- Chania airport Ihr
- Heraklion airport 1h 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
First time holiday with Simpson Travel, we both felt that this was the best holiday company I have ever used, cant wait to re book another holiday and location with them.
Richard King, June 2022
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
As the birthplace of Zeus, Central Crete carries a certain historic and spiritual gravitas. Knossos, the Minoan Bronze Age palace, steals the show, but there are many other smaller archaeological sites, churches and towns to cast you back in time. However, with harbourside dining, beautiful beaches, mountain villages and vibrant summer festivals, the here and now also has a lot to offer. And Rethymno, which has clung on to much of its authentic beauty and charm, is a welcome addition to your island experience.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions