In this section...
- Delightfully positioned villa
- Stunning sea views
- Magnificent pool and with summer kitchen
- Kalami tavernas/shops/beach 10-minute walk
- Kouloura 5-minute walk
This neat little pastel-pink property sits on a headland overlooking not one, but two beautiful bays. The views are spellbinding and Avra – meaning ‘breeze’ in Greek – has been designed to take full advantage of both the outlook and the outdoor space.
From the shapely curves of the private infinity pool, which is gated for safety, to the stone gazebo, the sun terrace draws you out to enjoy the warmth, seclusion and stunning vistas at all hours of the day and evening. The gazebo is equipped with a fridge and sink, so you can stock up at the start of the week and enjoy your own private pool bar that stays open as long as you want it to!
Inside, the house is small, but comfortably furnished, with a bath or shower room for each of the three bedrooms, two of which open onto a balcony or courtyard area – and one bedroom has a separate entrance making it ideal for grandparents or older children who want their own space.
Avra, just a ten-minute walk from the shops, restaurants and Kalami’s popular Blue Flag beach, is a good choice for families of all ages.
There are also a number of tavernas to chose from, including The White House, the former home of Lawrence Durrell, the poet, dramatist and travel writer, best known for writing Prospero's Cell. His brother Gerald, author of My Family and Other Animals, also lived in the area with his family back in the 1930s.
Kalami is also the place to hire a motorboat to explore the magnificent north-eastern coastline, its secluded pebble beaches and the fashionable restaurants in Agni and Agios Stephanos. Kouloura Harbour, famous for its fish taverna, is also a must-visit – and just five-minutes' walk away.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
- 3 bedroom single-storey villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Living area with TV (DVD use only), CD player
- Open plan kitchen includes microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (198cm x 198cm bed) with en-suite shower room; access to small sea facing balcony and shaded courtyard
- Twin bedroom
- Bathroom (small bath)
- Separate access to twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Outside steps lead up to large top floor sea-facing terrace with shaded dining area
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Laundry room and WC
- Summer kitchen
- Outdoor shower
- Privately gated free-form swimming pool 11m x 5m (1.4m throughout), Roman steps
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence: 0829L121K0335100
- Rock bathing 3min walk via footpath/steps
- Kouloura taverna/harbour 5min walk
- Shops/tavernas (Kalami) 10min walk
- Beach/watersports 10min walk
- Agni by boat 5min
- Agios Stephanos 15min drive
- Corfu Town/airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group L, Ford Focus or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group L – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our week in this well-appointed villa with exceptionally good outdoor facilities. Jackie has been a wonderful rep, a great giver of advice and for whom no request has been too much trouble.
The Walker Family – September 2017
This is a special place, beautifully peaceful and full of rest. Make sure you have breakfast up on the terrace and soak up the view. Breathe it all in and stop for a moment to enjoy it all.
Mrs Simpson – August 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities , please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, our collection includes luxury villas and a charming waterfront hotel on Avlaki beach. For 2019 we’re delighted to introduce Dolphins and Tribe clubs and activities for 8 to 18 year-olds during summer school holidays. We're also launching the brand-new Simpson Watersports, with equipment hire and lessons with expert instructors.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
View holiday Booking Conditions