In this section...
- Elegant character villa
- Spacious and stylish interiors
- Beautiful gardens and pool
- 2-bedroom garden annexe
- 5-minute walk from central Saint Martin
Just five minutes’ walk from the centre of Ile de Ré’s exclusive capital, yet with the luxury of the sort of space and seclusion you might hope to find in a country house hotel, this elegant characterful villa offers first-class facilities and style in abundance.
A rather unassuming painted door marks the entrance to the property, yet stepping into the courtyard from the street, a magical world of lush gardens and classic regency style sophistication unfolds. This six-bedroom villa has been beautifully refurbished to create a luxurious island home; a harmonious pairing of traditional and contemporary offering every comfort in an atmosphere entirely at one with its chic location. The sleek, high-end kitchen is complemented by a colourful montage of artisan tiles whilst timber beams and open fireplaces in the spacious living areas add warmth and charm. The British owners’ flair for design is evident throughout with expensive furnishings, designer bathrooms and the discrete use of accent colours giving the villa a real wow factor. Four comfortably appointed bedrooms in the main house and a further two (ideal for teenagers or grandparents) in a smart garden annexe, offer flexibility for a wonderfully convivial multi-generational gathering. A sumptuously furnished home cinema room is the icing on the cake.
The large gardens and pretty pool area are perfect for alfresco living, offering a wide variety of seating and plenty of room to spread out in either sun or shade. A delightful veranda with outdoor fireplace and barbecue is a decadent addition and French windows and folding doors afford an easy flow between inside and out. A generous lawn is perfect for a relaxed game of croquet or cricket (equipment provided) and a table-tennis table and pétanque court ensure nobody need ever have itchy feet.
The Local Area
The exceptional location of the villa really can’t be overstated. Just a five-minute stroll from the upmarket centre of Saint Martin with its daily market and sensational selection of shops, bars and restaurants – this is a townhouse with the very best of island life on its doorstep. Culture vultures will enjoy exploring the UNESCO listed fortifications that protect the harbour and the local beach is a 20-minute amble across town, particularly good for little children thanks to calm waters with a gentle shelf. All Ile de Ré’s roads and cycle routes connect to Saint Martin, making it a wonderful base for exploring and if the ocean calls, boat trips around the island and across to La Rochelle leave from the marina. If you’re looking for la crème de la crème, Villa Saint Martin is the place.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps maximum 12)
- Entrance hall with garden views
- Sitting room with original fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dining area and ‘arrière kitchen’ with additional sink and appliances
- Home cinema room
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) and en-suite bathroom, bedroom accessed via a secret book-case door, leads to front courtyard
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room and WC, dressing area with stand-alone bath, garden views
- Twin bedroom (also with two pull-out single beds)
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, WC
- Single bedroom (120cm bed) with en-suite bathroom and WC
- 40m from main house
- 2 twin bedrooms (90cm beds) each with en-suite shower room and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the villa
- Pets are not permitted
- Several outside terraces
- Extensive garden
- Boules pitch
- Built-in barbeque, outdoor fireplace
- Private heated swimming pool 11.5m x 5m pool, protected by hard cover
- Parking in shared garage (one space) 2min walk
- Activities nearby include cycling, horse riding, sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, oyster tasting, boat trips
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Additional cleaning
- Bike rental and delivery (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
La Rochelle 17km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 30km
- Local beach 20min walk or 5min bike ride (1.5km)
- St Martin (market, boulangerie, shops, restaurants) 5min walk
- Watersports beaches 5km
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions