In this section...
- Chic & luxurious
- Heated swimming pool
- Enclosed gardens
- Walking distance to shops, beach & restaurants
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Many of our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by December 2023. Where prices are not yet showing, please use Advance Registration to reserve your holiday. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Please note: there is a minimum 14-night stay for bookings at this villa between 8 July and 2 September 2023
This gorgeous new villa has everything we look for in a property – a heated pool, private enclosed gardens and stunning interiors – plus a great location on the edge of lovely La Flotte.
The sense of space is truly relaxing, with lots of sliding glass blurring the lines between indoors and out. Grab a coffee and savour the sensation of sun-warmed timber beneath your toes, or slip into the 14-metre heated pool to soothe travel-weary muscles. Once evening falls, this is a magical spot for dinner by the pool, perfectly secluded in a walled garden filled with fragrant pines, palms, and semi-tropical plants. Four of the five bedrooms are on the ground floor, helpful for very young or elderly legs, and the pool has a hard cover for extra peace of mind. The size of the villa is also very conducive to an extended or multi-family gathering; inside, there’s a big separate TV room as well as the main lounge, whilst outside you can choose from one of several terraces areas for a sociable pre-dinner drink or a quiet hour with your book.
The location is ideal: tranquil but with enough going on in the local area to appeal to all ages and stages. Older children can reach the beach by themselves, while little ones have the run of the beautiful enclosed grounds as well as the joy of a heated pool. It’s an easy walk or cycle ride to La Flotte, recently added to the official list of France’s ‘most beautiful villages’ and one of the most appealing places on this entire delightful island.
For shops, cafes, restaurants and a whole stack of island charm, the harbour area of La Flotte is a 10 to 15-minute stroll (900m). This is the social heart of the village, with several places for a drink or a meal at the edge of the sea. Here you’ll also find all your daily essentials from pain to vin, plus a few little luxuries in its boutiques and arty shops. For fresh produce and deli specialities, there’s a daily market too. L'Arnérault beach (1.5km) is accessible in 15-20 minutes on foot, considerably less if you cycle. Bikes rule on the Ile de Ré, and the network of trails connects La Flotte with fortified St Martin de Ré, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and all the other island attractions, from beaches to oyster beds and numerous coastal villages.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Separate TV room with Smart TV
- Kitchen with hob, oven, coffee maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC
- 1 double/twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Shower room with WC
Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the villa
- Several outside terraces
- Table tennis
- Private heated swimming pool 14m x 6m pool, protected by hard cover
- Off-street parking for two cars
- Activities nearby include cycling, horse riding, sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, oyster tasting, boat trips
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights in August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Bike rental and delivery (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
La Rochelle 20km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 23km
- Local beach 20min walk (1.5km)
- La Flotte (market, boulangerie, shops, restaurants) 12min walk (900m)
- Watersports beaches 5km
We had a fantastic family holiday at the villa. The villa was brilliantly equipped and spacious with great access to the local village.
Wow. This is a fantastic, beautifully designed new villa in a good location within walking distance of the pretty town of La Flotte with its distinctive architecture, harbour and market. Being on the edge of the town means access to other places on the island is easy and there is plenty of parking. It was ideal for our multi generational holiday with plenty of private space for all indoors with two wings each suitable for 4 people and an upstairs suite for 2. Ages in our group ranged from 6 months to 70 years and a memorable time was had by all. We really couldn’t fault the Villa or the staff at Simpson Travel.
Second time we have used Simpson to book a villa for our family holiday and faultless service again! Hugely impressed with the villa we were recommended to book on Ile de Re and the support prior and during our time away was fab. Now only question is which villa to book next!
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions