In this section...
- Elegant designer interiors
- Heated swimming pool
- Large, west-facing garden
- Beach 500m
- Shops and restaurants within walking distance
Minimum 14-night stay... between 30 July and 20 August 2022.
Immaculate and understated, classic yet contemporary, Villa Tisseuse combines all the comfort of a permanent residence with a fantastic location on the edge of Sainte Marie village. The villa’s owner is professional interior designer who has decorated her home following the Japanese principle of wabi-sabi, which loosely translates as the art of finding beauty in natural imperfections. To our untrained eye there is little here that would not be considered perfect, but the emphasis on natural materials such as rattan for the furnishings and cotton for the lights definitely makes for a very restful atmosphere, with lots of curves and muted colours creating a calming contrast to the more typical seaside villa style.
We’ve not forgotten that you’re on holiday not on a magazine photo shoot however, so the villa also has a generously sized 700m2 landscaped garden and a heated swimming pool with an electric cover. The garden faces west, promising long sunny days, with a covered eating area so you can still comfortably have lunch outside even in the height of summer. There are similar properties in the vicinity but none of them overlook the house, making this a charming and secluded spot to rest or play. With four double bedrooms, the layout lends itself well to a group of couples or friends, and the provision of a fifth bunk room for kids offers the thrill of a week of sleepovers for younger guests. Regardless of who you decide to bring, you’ll find all the island’s greatest holiday pleasures close at hand, with the beach at Basse Benaie a six-minute walk away (500m), and the local shops and restaurants of Sainte Marie an easy stroll.
Nestled between vineyards and the sea, the village of Sainte Marie (500m) traces its roots back to medieval times, characterised by narrow streets and the distinctive bell tower on the church in the village centre. Your nearest beach is Basse Bernaie (500m), small and sandy with no facilities and a lovely natural feel; for bodyboarding or surfing we suggest Les Grenettes (4km) or Le Gros Jonc where you’ll find lifeguards, a range of watersports and all the facilities you need for a day by the sea. Sainte Marie has its own local shops and restaurants, plus markets on the Place des Tilleuls and the Place d’Antioche. The local them continues with beer from the micro-brewery Bières de Ré, salt from Le Comptoir des Pertuis and crunchy treats from the artisan bakers Biscuiterie de Ré. Bike paths connect you with the rest of the island, and if even that seems too much effort, the Hotel Atalante offers a range of thalassotherapy treatments to non-residents in the summer months. The capital St Martin is 8km away.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining room overlooking terrace; satellite TV with French channels, Bluetooth speaker
- Galley kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher,
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite bathroom and separate WC; direct access to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) en suite shower room and direct access to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Double bedroom (140cm bed)
- Children’s room with two sets of bunk beds
- Shower room
- Guest WC
- Laundry room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Mainly paved garden with comfortable seating corner and covered outdoor dining area
- Private swimming pool 7.5m x 3.5m with electric cover
- Parking for one car immediately outside the house, and 1-2 more at the end of the street (50m away)
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights during the first 3 weeks of August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 15km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 22km
- Beach 500m
- Sainte Marie village centre 500m
- St Martin de Ré 20min cycle ride (8km)
Below are some flight options. All routes and schedules are subject to change so please contact the airlines directly for the most up to date information.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions