In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Outdoor kitchen
- Heated swimming pool
- Walking distance to Les Portes-en-Ré and beaches
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
This striking contemporary villa offers stylish living in a wonderful setting close to Les Portes-en-Ré, the most exclusive village on the island. Clean lines and thoughtful design create a wonderful sense of light and space, with vibrant accent colours breathing life and character into the cool white interiors. Sliding doors from the generous living area and downstairs bedrooms create a lovely flow between inside and out, leading onto a vast and perfectly private courtyard garden with ample seating for comfortable lounging and convivial entertaining. Three downstairs bedrooms and two upstairs offer plenty of flexibility for families and groups of friends travelling together and a utility room is a handy addition for drying out bathing suits and beachwear at the end of the day.
Outside, a well-equipped summer kitchen with plancha (electric barbecue) makes alfresco dining a daily pleasure and the heated pool is as appealing in the heat of the sun as it is beneath a moonlit sky. Ile de Ré attracts its fair share of celebrities and VIPs (though you’d never know they were there since discretion is the order of the day) and in Villa Les Portes you will feel very much part of the local scene – elegant, relaxed and oh-so-chic!
The Local Area
Villa Les Portes really couldn’t be better situated. In the north west of the island, just 150m from a charming beach, and only 300m from the centre of Les Portes-en-Ré, it enjoys a most sought-after spot. So much so that it would be perfectly forgivable to arrive and never venture further than a few minutes from the villa. Laze by the pool, head down to the sea or stroll through the idyllic maze of pretty painted houses to the village square, host to a weekly market and a delightful selection of restaurants, bars and shops.
Slightly further afield, but still very much within walking distance, Plage du Gros Jonc stretches for miles with golden sands to rival any along the Aquitaine Coast but for a more castaway feel, hire a bike and cycle along to La Plage de Trousse Chemise; the sugar-soft sands feel more Caribbean than European and there’s always plenty of room to spread out away from the crowds.
Despite the villa’s first-class location, the rest of Ile de Ré is easily accessible and shouldn’t be forgotten. Explore the salt marshes, climb the famous lighthouse near Saint-Clément-des-Baleines, enjoy lunch by the harbour in Ars-en-Ré and discover the UNESCO-listed fortifications in the island capital Saint-Martin-de-Ré. Whether you choose to walk, cycle, paddleboard or drive, the voyage of discovery promises the very best of this enchanting island.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-11)
- Sitting room with flat screen TV, fireplace, sliding doors lead to patio
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area, separated from sitting room by large sliding doors
- Kitchen includes breakfast bar, oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
Lower ground floor
- Master bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom, doors lead to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room, door leads to terrace
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with en-suite shower room, door leads to terrace
- Utility room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Children's bedroom (bunk beds and a single) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Outside shower
- Outside kitchen/dining area with plancha (electric barbecue)
- Private heated swimming pool 4m x 8m, security cover
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the villa
- Pets are not permitted in the villa
- Nearby activities include swimming, cycling, surfing, body-boarding, paddleboarding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, golf, horse riding, birdwatching, fishing
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean
- Change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
La Rochelle 41km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 50km
- Les Portes centre 300m
- Plage du Gros Jonc 400m
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions