In this section...
- Elegant traditional townhouse
- Private pool and garden
- Walk to beach, shops and restaurants
- Separate guest cottage
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
This very tasteful townhouse sits in the heart of Le Bois Plage, a short stroll from the village centre and just a ten-minute walk to the beach. With its original wooden floors and solid walls hewn from pale golden stone, Villa des Princes captures all the character of a traditional maison Rétaise, thoughtfully updated with a contemporary colour scheme, modern bathrooms and a fabulous home cinema set-up.
The prime location means houses jostle for space in the pretty lanes of Le Bois Plage, but Villa des Princes has the rare luxury of its own private swimming pool and south-facing courtyard garden, a magical spot for a morning dip, a lively family dinner or a nightcap on a balmy summer evening. In addition to the main house, there’s also a garden cottage with a further two bedrooms—ideal for older teenagers, though you may find them returning to the main house to commandeer the cinema after dark!
The other real beauty of Villa des Princes for many guests is the fact you can park your car about 50m from the house and then forget about it for the duration if you wish. Bike hire is easily available in Bois Plage, so from bars to beaches, everything you need is within walking or cycling distance, making for a wonderfully stress-free stay.
Villa des Princes has an ideal location in a quiet residential part of Bois Plage, less than a five-minute walk from the shops, covered food hall and restaurants of the village centre. This is also the site of the largest market on the island, a colourful daily event packed with local produce, homewares and all your beach essentials from bikinis to buckets and spades. It takes about ten minutes to cycle to the sea, backed by a string of fine sandy beaches and protected dunes. There’s a beach to suit everyone on this pristine 6-kilometre stretch, from supervised swimming areas and cafés to more natural spaces where you can find a spot to yourself even in the height of summer if you’re prepared to ride a little further. Cycle paths connect all the island’s main attractions, from beaches to oyster beds and numerous coastal villages, while St Martin de Ré, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a 15-minute ride.
- 3 bedroom villa and 2 bedroom garden cottage (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining room with fireplace and TV
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, Smeg fridge-freezer, dishwasher, doors lead to courtyard garden and pool
- Partially open staircase leads to first floor (children to be supervised at all times)
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with small en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Twin bedroom with small en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Bathroom with separate shower and WC
- Stairs from ground floor
- Home cinema room with projector screen and cable TV
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Shower room with WC
- 2-storey cottage beyond pool
- Ground floor double bunk bedroom
- Shower room with WC
- First floor double bedroom (140cm bed)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- South-facing patio courtyard
- Outside dining
- Small private swimming pool 6m x 3m, electric cover, corner steps
- Maximum number of guests is strictly 8 and space works best for one family
- Parking space located 50m from house
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 25min drive (19km)
- Ferry ports
St Malo 345km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive (28km)
- Beach 10min walk (800m)
- Le Bois-Plage village centre 4min walk (350m)
- St Martin de Ré 12min cycle ride (4km)
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions