In this section...
- Smart contemporary interiors
- South facing courtyard garden
- Pretty village location
- Perfect for a car-free holiday
- 15-minute walk to beach
If you’re dreaming of a pied-à-terre at the very heart of island life, within walking distance of bistros, boulangeries and a daily market, Maison des Songeurs is sure to delight. This bijou apartment is quintessential Ile de Ré, a hidden gem amongst the pretty streets of Le Bois Plage just a short stroll from the centre of the village. An attractive well-equipped kitchen, smart tastefully furnished interiors and a lovely south-facing courtyard garden strike the perfect note for holiday relaxation; a stylish and comfortable base for exploring the island à deux.
The Local Area
The daily market in Le Bois Plage is the biggest on the island, a delightful sensory affair with a covered food hall and an eclectic mix of satellite stalls outside on the main square. There are some lovely cafés and restaurants in the village centre and a good selection of boutiques selling attractive homewares, clothing and local crafts. Maison des Songeurs is ideally placed to dip in and out of the action, perfectly tucked away amongst the narrow streets and painted houses yet just 500 metres from the marketplace. There are several bicycle-hire shops in Le Bois Plage and the village’s central position on the island make this a very realistic proposition for a relaxing car-free holiday. The popular sandy beach Plage des Gollandières is an easy 15-minute walk away and Ile de Ré’s well marked cycle trails afford the luxury of a gentle cycle to many of the island’s other idyllic towns and villages.
- 1 bedroom apartment (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/dining with flat screen TV, DVD player
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (140cm bed)
- Shower room
- South-facing walled courtyard garden with deckchairs, table, chairs and storage area for bikes
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot available
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- Simpson beach towels provided
- DVD player
- Smoking is not permitted inside the villa
- Pets are not permitted
- Activities close by include cycling, horse riding, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, fishing, oyster-tasting, boat trips
- In October some seasonal restaurants, shops and bars may be closed
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Additional cleaning available
- Babysitting available
- Surf lessons (please enquire)
- Bike rental (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
La Rochelle 30km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35km
- Le Bois Plage centre (market, bakery, restaurants, supermarket) 500m
- Le Bois Plage beach (Les Gollandières) 1km
- St Martin town and harbour (boutiques, galleries, restaurants, cafés) 4km
- Cycle trails to villages of La Couarde (3km), Loix (8km) and Ars (10km)
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions