In this section...
- Close to beautiful La Flotte
- Ideal for a couple or family
- Option to be car-free
- 3-minute walk to seafront promenade
- 15-minute walk to harbour restaurants
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
La Flotte is listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France and houses within walking distance of the exquisite harbour and pedestrianised centre are notoriously hard to come by. Hence, we are delighted to have found Maison des Flots; offering simple seaside charm with authentic Ile de Ré appeal, it represents excellent value within easy striking distance of this highly sought-after village. Ideal for a couple or small family, the open-plan living area has an endearing townhouse-meets-beachhouse vibe and the courtyard garden is an inviting spot for informal alfresco meals. Two en-suite bedrooms complete the picture; in short, Maison des Flots is a modest and comfortable abode offering easy island living and location, location, location!
The Local Area
La Flotte really is delightful. The picture postcard harbour is lined with bars, gelaterias and bistros with a relaxed pace and genial atmosphere that’s utterly infectious. The cobbled streets behind the harbour are a treasure trove of chocolatiers, boutiques, artisan bakeries and local craft shops and beyond, the residential streets are a tasteful homage to the Farrow and Ball colour chart (other designer paints are available!). Maison des Flots is just 3-minutes’ walk from the seafront promenade which leads to the harbour and La Flotte’s family-friendly beach, Plage de l’Arnérault. Supervised in July and August, the gentle shelf and calm waters here are great for little children and there’s windsurfing and sailing available for the more adventurous. The house offers good links to Ile de Ré’s excellent cycle network, making Maison des Flots a great option for a car-free holiday; as a base to explore the island, you couldn’t be better placed.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV, DVD player
- Kitchen with breakfast bar, washing machine
- Guest WC
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with TV, access to terrace
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Shower room with WC
- Mezzanine level accessed from living room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Cot and high chair available
- Smoking is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- Simpson beach towels provided
- Rear courtyard (part patio, part artificial grass)
- Shaded outside dining terrace
- Parking space on the property
- Garden annexe is not for guest use
- Nearby activities include cycling, horse riding, oyster-tasting, water sports, boat trips
- In October some seasonal restaurants, shops and bars may be closed
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean
- Weekly change of linen and towels
La Rochelle 17km
- Ferry ports
St Malo 337km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 21km
- Seafront promenade 3min walk (300m)
- Nearest restaurant 12min walk (1km)
- La Flotte harbour (shops, market, village centre) 14min walk (1.1km)
- La Flotte town (beach) 20min walk (1.6km)
- Supermarket 3min drive (2km)
- La Rochelle 30min drive (via Ile de Ré toll bridge)
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions