In this section...
- Walk to village centre
- Traditional Ré maison de vacances
- Contemporary design
- Courtyard garden with private pool
- 8min cycle ride to beach
Early bird offer... Many of our 2022 holidays are now on sale and we're promising this year's prices when you book before 30 June 2021. The offer only applies to properties where 2022 prices are listed but all other properties can still be reserved online using our Advance Registration scheme.
Like so many of this charming island’s most-sought after holiday homes, the traditional, grey-shuttered exterior of lovely La Villa Rétaise gives little hint of the spacious and tastefully contemporary accommodation that’s waiting for you inside. Tucked away behind solid stone walls and backed by a courtyard, you’ll find a generous 240m2 of indoor space, finished in muted shades to create an atmosphere that is both chic and very relaxed, just like Ile de Ré itself.
The villa is very well equipped for a family gathering or group getaway, with five large bedrooms and stylish, open-plan living areas. The outside space is another pleasant surprise; larger-than-average for a townhouse, with a good-sized pool and a shade sail for the heat of the day. High walls enclose the swimming pool, deck and barbecue area, creating a perfect sun trap in early or late season, and a magical spot for pre-dinner drinks or a family meal. The location is very convenient, peacefully situated in a residential area of Le Bois-Plage village, a flat, 15-minute walk from its shops and lively daily market. Teenagers can happily set their own agenda, with cafés and beaches within walking or easy biking distance, and when you feel like eating out, there’s no need to designate a driver as the nearest restaurant is under ten minutes away on foot. Combining authentic Ré character with car-free convenience, La Villa Rétaise is a wonderful base for easy summer living.
The villa sits on the edge of Bois Plage village, 750m from the nearest restaurant and just over a kilometre from the village centre. Here you’ll find all the shops you need, plus Bois Plage market which is the largest on the island, selling clothes and household items as well as food, flowers and local speciality products to sample or take home. It takes about eight minutes to cycle to the sea, backed by six kilometres of fine sand and protected dunes. Some stretches are wild and untouched, while others have cafés and all you need for a family day out at the beach. The village sits almost at the centre of the island, making everything brilliantly accessible even without the car, so you can hire a bike in Bois-Plage then ride to St Martin de Ré, a UNESCO World Heritage site, in less than ten minutes. Cycle paths connect all the island’s main attractions, from beaches to oyster beds and numerous coastal villages.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps maximum 8)
- Courtyard entrance from street
- Entrance hall
- Steps down to open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with access to terrace
- Kitchen includes breakfast bar, electric hob, oven, filter and pod coffee machine, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room (no WC), TV
- Guest WC
- Utility room with washing machine and spin dryer
- Two staircases (one at either end of the ground floor) lead to first floor
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC, access to private balcony
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with TV
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with Juliet balcony
- Family bathroom with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Cot and high chair available
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- South-facing deck and terrace
- Gas barbecue
- Private swimming pool 6m x 4m, protected by cover
- Street parking only (not allocated)
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean, change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
La Rochelle 25min drive (18km)
- Ferry ports
St Malo 345km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive (28km)
- Nearest restaurant 9min walk (750m)
- Le Bois Plage 15min walk (1.2km)
- Beach 7min cycle ride (2.2km)
- Saint Martin de Ré 8min cycle ride (2.4km)
- La Rochelle 30min drive (via Ile de Ré toll bridge)
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions