In this section...
- Beautiful family home
- Tastefully furnished
- Set in quiet, edge-of-village location
- Wonderful spacious gardens
- Heated pool
- Short walk to local restaurants and shops
- Simpson family extras available
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
This charming Landes-style villa on the outskirts of the traditional village of Tosse makes a wonderful base for families seeking the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. The tastefully furnished villa is decorated with a lovely beach-chic flair, in keeping with the cool vibe in nearby Hossegor, with bright and airy accommodation arranged on a single level (excepting a mezzanine bedroom protected by a stair gate). The comfortable living area leads out onto an attractive veranda, beautifully equipped for al fresco dining, and beyond this a sunny terrace surrounds the inviting heated pool.
The enclosed gardens at the villa are a particular feature; beautifully planted and wonderfully spacious, they are perfect for barbecues, boules, or hide-and-seek; whilst providing a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the coast. For families with younger children, there is a play area with slide, swing and delightful play house and it is worth noting that the pool has an electric cover and wrist band alarms, with toddler safety in mind. And this well-designed villa is equally appealing to families with older children, thanks to its superb edge-of-village location, just a 15-minute drive from the coast.
The local area
This excellently situated villa is a 8-minute stroll from Tosse, with its authentic atmosphere, appealing bakery and simple selection of restaurants and shops. There are tennis courts in the village and lovely walking and cycling trails meander the 8km through the fragrant pine forests to a wonderful sandy beach. By car the joys of lively Hossegor, with its trendy boutiques and upmarket restaurants, are a 12-minute drive away; while Seignosse, a similar distance from the villa, offers an 18-hole golf course, aqua park and an array of superb beaches catering wonderfully for the needs of surf enthusiasts and families with young children alike.
The charming city of Bayonne, famed for its fine chocolate and cured hams, is 30-minute drive whilst world renowned Biarritz lies a little further south; offering an intoxicating blend of Belle Époque glamour, elegant eateries and fashionable shops. The picture postcard hillside villages of the Basque Country give an insight into the area’s rich cultural heritage and a visit to the pretty fishing port of St-Jean-de-Luz, the culinary capital of the region, is sure to delight, with its family-friendly beaches and historic town centre. A short ferry ride from Hendaye will take you to the atmospheric coastal town of Hondarrabia in Spain; or you can drive across the border to enjoy tapas in San Sebastian or at the Guggenheim in Bilbao. For nature lovers, the peaceful wetland reserve Marais d’Orx, with its high-sided wooden walkways, is a safe-haven for families with little ones; or further afield, children will love the funicular train rides at Ascain and Artouste in The Pyrénées National Park.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area overlooking the terrace and pool, with TV (French channels), DVD player, music dock/speaker, opens out onto covered outside seating area
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 2 double bedrooms
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Cot and high chair
- Private heated salt-filtered swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.15m – 1.5m), electric cover, wrist band alarms for toddlers
- Parking space
- Smoking is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- Nearby activities include surfing, kitesurfing, golf, cycling, horse riding, fishing, spa and thalassotherapy, pelote basque, course landaise, wine tasting, aqua parc, paddle-boarding
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
- Restaurant/bakery/supermarket (Tosse) 8min walk (600m)
- Friday market (St Vincent de Tyrosse) 5min drive (5km)
- Wednesday farmers’ market (Seignosse) 5min drive (5km)
- Hossegor 12min drive (8km)
- Beach (Seignosse-Bourdaines) 15min drive (10km)
- Waterpark 14min drive (10km)
Beautiful location, excellent pool for the children well maintained. A very enjoyable and comfy place to stay.
Robert Slee, June 2022
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions