In this section...
- Fabulous Capbreton location
- Family friendly
- Comfortable and cosy
- Short walk to beach
- Walk to shops and restaurants
- Informal beach-house vibe
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Many of our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by December 2023. Where prices are not yet showing, please use Advance Registration to reserve your holiday. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
While nearby Hossegor may steal the limelight with its laid-back France-meets-California vibe, neighbouring Capbreton lays on a more authentic beach holiday experience. The waters are calmer here, perfect for little ones, and the celebrated seafood, best sampled around the vibrant marina, is some of the best in the area.
Beach-house inspired Villa La Piste, both comfortable and cosy, is made for families, with everything you need just a stroll away, including the ocean. Set back from the street, you can unwind entirely in this gentle residential location. An enclosed garden and covered pool make it safe for toddlers, while teens can cycle safely into style-savvy Hossegor along the cycle path next to the villa – one of many in the area. And couples will love it too, particularly in the quieter months when shopping like a local at the bustling fish market and lazy days on the beach or spent exploring make for a rejuvenating week or two.
The local area
As well as the pleasures of Capbreton’s stretch of sandy beach, young children will enjoy the little amusement park conveniently close to the excellent marina restaurants as well as the chance to meet the monkeys at the Pinède des Singes, just eight kilometres south of town. Meanwhile, the local boutiques, a golf course and a casino offer a few more grown-up places to play. And then you have upmarket Hossegor just a ten-minute drive away, where sophisticated France meets laid-back California to idyllic effect.
Here shopping, brunching, biking, watersports and water parks are all on the agenda – as well as even more glorious sandy beaches. For those tempted to try surfing, this is a perfect spot, but if riding the waves isn’t your thing, there are plenty of alternatives, whether you fancy a leisurely day cycling through pine forests with a picnic or a morning SUP yoga class on Hossegor’s tranquil lagoon.
Jump in the car and you’ll be even more spoilt for choice. Bayonne is about half an hour away, the capital of the Pays Basque and the ‘chocolate capital’ of France, and, a little further on, you’ll find Biarritz. Here, Belle Époque glamour sits alongside a vibrant shopping, eating and cultural scene, all the more impressive for its dramatic coastal location. The Basque countryside is also a delight to explore, from its pretty hilltop villages to celebrated St-Jean-de-Luz, pure beach heaven for families with a beautifully atmospheric, historic town behind. You can even catch the ferry from Hendaye into Spain for some quality time in the colourful coastal town of Hondarrabia. There you’ll find a packed calendar of festivals, lots of atmosphere and some excellent tapas restaurants.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Living area with vaulted ceiling, fireplace, satellite TV (French and English channels)and DVD player
- Dining area
- Well-equipped kitchen with range cooker, American-style fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- ‘Inside veranda’ with TV corner for children
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC
- Twin bedroom (can be made into a double on request)
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath, shower and WC (low ceiling)
- The owner of this villa will consider requests to bring a pet dog (no other pets). Please advise us of the age and breed of your dog, and we will contact the owner on your behalf. The owner reserves the right to refuse the request.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Separate laundry area
- Cot and high chair available
- Fans available
- 1,300m2 garden with terracing and garden furniture
- Solar-powered outdoor shower
- Private swimming pool 9m x 5m (max depth 1.5m), fenced, Roman steps, cover
- Multiple private parking spaces
- Smoking is not permitted in the villa
- Local activities include surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, golf, cycling, horse riding, aqua parc
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of one week or more
- Mid-stay cleaning (for bookings of two weeks)
Optional services offered
- Additional housekeeping €15/hour
- Babysitting €15/hour
- Pre-arrival shopping €15/hour
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 703km
- TGV stations
- Beach (Capbreton) 6min walk (500m)
- Restaurants/shops/supermarket (Capbreton) 10min walk (800m)
- Capbreton harbour 14min walk (1km)
- Beach (Hossegor) 10min drive (3km)
- Waterpark 15min drive (10km)
- Bayonne 30min drive (25km)
- Biarritz 40min drive (40km)
We had a fantastic family holiday at the Villa La Piste, the first with grown up children. The location is great, so close to a magnificent beach and in walking distance of the pretty town. It really suited all of our requirements.
We had a fantastic holiday at Villa la Piste - the accommodation was wonderful and the villa is beautifully decorated with an amazing outdoor area. Located in the dunes just behind the beach at Capbreton you are within cycling distance of Hossegor and the centre of Capbreton.
Superb stay at this wonderful villa, lovely pool (bigger/better than expected), short walk to excellent beaches, promenade, marina and the town centre of Capbreton. We also enjoyed day trips to San Sebastián (Spain) and Biarritz, both of which were short drives away.
We loved Villa La Piste. For our family of 4 it was perfect. Sunsets, BBQs, beach and restaurant less than 10mins walk away. The Vélodyssey (cycle path around Capbreton and Hossegor) was amazing. Jerry’s rentals for bikes was brilliant. We can’t wait to come back.
Perfect family holiday villa. Location meant we didn't use the car all week as everything either within cycling distance (cycle path literally outside the gate) or walking. Villa had everything we needed and the owner was extremely helpful. Great restaurants and beaches on the doorstep.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions