In this section...
- Heated swimming pool
- Summer kitchen and bar
- Beach 300m
- Walking distance to restaurants
With a heated pool and hot tub encircled by a lush garden, Petit Pilat is an easy place to relax. This chic beach house is within reach of everything you need for a restful break, being a short stroll away from the beach, a boulangerie and local restaurants in the highly sought-after area of Le Pilat Plage.
Dating back to the 1970’s, Petit Pilat has been recently and fully renovated to create the modern beach house that we see today. A light-filled open-plan living area and three comfortable en-suite bedrooms across the lower level make this villa a great option for a family or a small group travelling together.
If you’re a keen cook you’ll find everything you need here to create a chef-style meal, and there’s also well-equipped summer kitchen and bar (upcycled from an old caravan!) for those planning a more relaxed approach to dinner. Either way, the terrace is beautiful and intimate spot for a meal, tucked away yet still within easy reach of the chic bistros and boutiques that give this district of Arcachon its subtle yet unmistakable gloss. There are flat cycle paths between Dune du Pilat and Arcachon and there are several hire outlets. It’s the best way to explore the local area, the beaches and ‘chic’ districts of southern Arcachon such as Le Moulleau.
The main town of Arcachon is 6km away from the villa, known for its Belle Epoque glamour which is a nod to its previous life as a health resort in the Victorian era. The beautiful buildings and glorious stretches of sandy beaches continue to charm visitors, and Dune du Pilat is well worth the climb to watch a beautiful sunset. You can cycle along the water’s edge into Arcachon, and then venture further along into le Moulleau and Periere to explore the quieter stretch of beaches or take a walk in the cool of evening around the historic Parc Mauresque, Ville d'Hiver and Belvedere in Arcachon town.
Ferries run from Arcachon and Le Moulleau to Cap Ferret on the far side of the ‘bassin’; this smart little resort has lots of wonderful places to eat, and it’s also the start point for the little train that trundles over to the big surf of the Atlantic beach on the other side of the peninsula. And if you can designate a driver, wine-lovers are spoilt for choice, from Bordeaux city to the Medoc vineyards and the UNESCO-protected St Emilion, well worth a visit even if you don’t like wine!
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 6)
- Laundry room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with dressing area and en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with dressing area and en-suite shower room with WC
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with dressing area and en-suite shower room
- Open plan living-kitchen-dining area with lots of natural light
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, hob, coffee machine
- Living room with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; external staircase connects this room to pool and terrace
- Dining space within open plan living area
- TV area adjacent to living room
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Private parking for three cars
- Private heated swimming pool 10m x 5m (0.5m - 1.80m depth) with electric rolling cover
- 10 pool loungers
- Outdoor kitchen with sink, plancha barbecue, oven, fridge and dishwasher and outside bar
- Outside shower and WC
- Hot tub
- Shaded outdoor dining areas on terrace
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5-7pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of one week or more
- Weekly cleaning
Bordeaux 55min drive
- TGV stations
Bordeaux 1hr drive, connects to Arachon station which is a 15min drive to villa
- Pilat Plage beach 5min walk
- Restaurants/basic shops (Pilat Plage) 4min walk
- Supermarket (La Teste-de-Buch) 10min drive
- Town/boat hire/bike hire (Arachon) 15min drive
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Chic Cap Ferret alone would be enough to satisfy the most discerning beach seeker, but there’s so much more to unwrap. An afternoon wandering the enchanting oyster villages, marvelling at the opulence of Arcachon’s Ville d’Hiver or treating little ones to an afternoon at the aquapark make this a uniquely unforgettable holiday experience. Take in a sunrise from the top of the magnificent Dune du Pilat or add a boat trip around the bay and the routine of normal life will seem far, far away.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Cap Ferret and Arcachon Bay to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
View holiday Booking Conditions