In this section...
- Stylish suite
- Set in chic Arcachon district
- Gentle stroll to restaurants and beach
- Outstanding location
Le Moulleau is one of the most desirable ‘quartiers’ of Arcachon, an appealing collection of contemporary holiday homes, grand 19th century villas and little shops and restaurants that cluster around a fine sandy beach. Cabane Bleu is ideally located just 300 metres from the heart of this district and its beach, which means no need for a car, navigator or designated driver!
Tucked away in a small group of apartments, this three-bedroom, ground floor suite has everything you need for a relaxing seaside break. The gardens are the charming owner’s pride and joy, with eastern-inspired plants lending an exotic air, and plenty of outdoor lounging and dining space away from the relative hubbub of Le Moulleau. And after a day at the beach, exploring Arcachon or tackling the famous Dune du Pilat, you can relax and enjoy a lovely bubbly Jacuzzi in the privacy of your own garden patio. There’s ample room for a family, and Le Moulleau appeals to all ages, with boutique shopping for style-conscious teens and a superb beach sheltered from the big Atlantic swells and therefore ideal for younger children. Arcachon centre is around three kilometres away, easily reached by bicycle or public transport, or you can take the ferry directly from Le Moulleau over to Cap Ferret, another of this region’s real gems.
The local area
Cabane Bleu is located on a quiet residential street, a short walk from the beach, a few shops and a couple of cafés & restaurants. To the north is Pereire and another excellent beach backed by a tree-lined promenade, whilst to the south is the Dune du Pilat, Europe’s tallest sand dune. Le Moulleau itself is within very easy reach of Arcachon centre, but it has its own beach, jetty and distinctive character. Quieter than the main resort, Le Moulleau works especially well for families and couples looking for a more low-key atmosphere that still gives easy access to fantastic beaches.
Take the ferry from Le Moulleau over to stylish Cap Ferret and then catch the Petit Train to l’Horizon beach, one of the most wildly beautiful on this stretch of coastline, with lifeguard presence in the peak summer months. Even if you’re not keen to get into the water, the train trip itself is well worth it for the wonderful peninsula views and magnificent Atlantic rollers. The foot ferries run quite late in the evening, so you could have dinner in Cap Ferret before the short boat trip back to Le Moulleau. For little ones who prefer a calmer alternative to the surf, there are lovely bathing lakes surrounded by shady forest a little further down the coast at Sanguinet and Biscarrosse
In Arcachon itself you can take a wander through the eclectic architectural jumble of the Ville d’Hiver, then pause in the shade of the Parc Mauresque while you watch a game of pétanques and enjoy the view. Continue your exploration with a walk down to the Belvédère viewing platform, with 360-degree views back over the town. There are lots of lovely spots to eat and drink in town, but for a real Arcachon experience, visit one of the many oyster farms at Gujan-Mestras or one of the villages on the Presqu'Île.
Arcachon bay supports a huge variety of birdlife, with reserves at the Parc Ornotholigique du Teich and Île aux Oiseaux, accessible by ferry from Arcachon. Finally, no visit to this area is complete without an ascent of the Dune du Pilat; the 100m climb is well worth it for the views, especially if you are able to get there for sunrise or sunset.
- 3 bedroom two-storey apartment
- Living area with TV, sliding doors lead to terrace
- Well-equipped open-plan kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, steamer, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm x 200cm beds)
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Built-in hot tub
- Sheltered 40 square-metre terrace with seating and dining space for 4
- Cabin/summer house with bunk beds
- Off-street secure parking
- No smoking inside
- No pets
- Local activities include surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, jet skiing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse riding, birdwatching, fishing, wine tasting and aqua parc
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen and bathroom towels provided
- Weekly change of linen and towels for bookings of two weeks or more
- Light mid-stay clean for bookings of two weeks or more
- Final cleaning
- Optional extras: cleaning €15/hour
- Ferry ports
St Malo 650km
- TGV stations
- Beach, restaurant and bakery (Le Moulleau) 4min walk (300m)
- Le Cap Ferret 20min water taxi (3km)
- Market (Arcachon) 7min drive (4km)
- The Dune de Pyla 10min drive (5km)
- Bordeaux airport 50min drive (75km)
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
Bordeaux 75km/50min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Luton||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|Liverpool||easyJet||Saturday||12 May - 1 Sep|
|Belfast||easyJet||Saturday||12 May - 1 Sep|
|Edinburgh||Ryanair||Saturday||31 Mar - 27 Oct|
|Southampton||Flybe||Saturday||26 May - 25 Aug|
|Birmingham||Flybe||Saturday||31 Mar - 2 Sep|
Biarritz 195km/2hr drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Birmingham||Flybe||Saturday||25 May - 31 Aug|
|Southampton||Flybe||Saturday||25 May - 31 Aug|
|London Gatwick||Easyjet||Saturday||01 June - 21 Sep|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Chic Cap Ferret alone would be enough to satisfy the most discerning beach seeker, but there’s so much more to unwrap. An afternoon wandering the enchanting oyster villages, marvelling at the opulence of Arcachon’s Ville d’Hiver or treating little ones to an afternoon at the aquapark make this a uniquely unforgettable holiday experience. Take in a sunrise from the top of the magnificent Dune du Pilat or add a boat trip around the bay and the routine of normal life will seem far, far away.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Cap Ferret and Arcachon Bay to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
View holiday Booking Conditions