In this section...
- Private waterfront
- Walking distance to Kalkan harbour
- Magnificent sea views
- Ideal for groups
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Kral is the Turkish word for king, and a fitting name for this substantial 6-bedroom villa nestled above its own private waterfront. The location is unbeatable, with direct access to the brilliant blue waters of the bay and less than a minute’s walk from two of Kalkan’s best beach clubs.
Like most of Kalkan’s most desirable homes, Villa Kral is built on a hillside, spanning three spacious floors with glorious sea views at every level. Tasteful neutral décor provides the perfect foil for the seascapes that glitter temptingly outside every bedroom, each of which has terrace or balcony access for a quiet drink, a moment to read or a spectacular sunset photo opportunity. With three master bedrooms, two twins and a separate guest annexe with its own kitchenette, Villa Kral is ideal for an extended family or group holiday, offering ample privacy for all, and plenty of lounging and dining space both inside and out. And with Palm Beach and Zest beach clubs positioned conveniently but unobtrusively nearby, everything you need for an active or lazily indulgent stay is close at hand.
The jewel in Kral’s crown is a private wooden beach platform accessed by steps from the bottom of the Mediterranean gardens. Here you can stretch out on sunbed watching the boats in the bay, go exploring in one of two double kayaks or just chill with a pre-dinner drink as the sea murmurs sweetly below. So magically relaxing is this spot that whole days can vanish under its spell, but as evening falls, the little bars and restaurants around the harbour beckon, just a 10-minute walk along a footpath from the villa. The proximity to the harbour is extra appealing for a family with older children, with easy access to Kalkan’s celebrated beach clubs either on foot or by water taxi. And with no need to drive, it’s the perfect excuse to eat out as often as you like and enjoy some of most sophisticated dining on the entire Turquoise Coast.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. Simpson Travel guests also enjoy free entry to Indigo Beach Club and a 5% reduction on any purchase at the Palm Beach Club. View full details on our blog.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-12)
- Living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels, Netflix enabled – guests need to bring their own password), CD player and iPod dock, leads out to pool terrace
- Kitchen with breakfast bar includes hob, oven, microwave, ice machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine
- Studio annexe with double bed, kitchenette, en-suite shower room, leads out onto main pool terrace
- Double bedroom (200cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to shared balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads out to shared balcony
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room, leads out to private balcony
Lower ground floor
- Accessed via external staircase from first floor pool terrace
- Double bedroom (165cm x 200cm bed) with steps up to en-suite shower room, leads out to shared terrace (can interconnect with family room)
- Family double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed plus 90cm x 200cm single bed) with en-suite shower room, satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels), DVD, Wii, leads out to shared terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Outside pool shower
- Private swimming pool 10m x 5.5m (depth 1.00 – 1.85m), accessed via steps and ladder
- Pool heated complimentary for May and October departures
- Path leads to private swimming platform (120 steps) with sunbeds, fridge, 2 kayaks
- Optional meze delivery service on arrival (7 different mezes, £14pp, minimum order 2 persons)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
- Zest Beach Club/restaurant 2min walk
- Small manmade stone beach 10min walk
- Kalkan (shops/restaurants/beach clubs) 10min walk
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Egea or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6-8 guests – 2 Group B, Fiat Egea or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Egea and 1 Group D, Dacia Duster, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 11-12 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Egea, and 2 Group D, Dacia Duster, or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.3 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Fiat Egea or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group A – Automatic Ford Kuga SUV or similar, 1.6 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group C – Automatic Citroen C4 SUV or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group E – Mercedes Vito 7+1 seater or similar, 1.6 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group G – Mercedes Vito 8+1 seater or similar, 1.6 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 4 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Loved staying in Villa Kral - great accommodation, easy access to Kalkan, fabulous views and very unusually, direct access to the sea which made our stay particularly special.We were very appreciative of Zeze, the Simpsons representative, who did so much to make our holiday perfect. Highly recommended! Well done Simpsons !
Customer Feedback Fabulous villa. Great for our 4 families as plenty of space to not feel crowded and to do ‘our own thing’.
Villa Kral is an extremely spacious, luxury villa set above the sea within close walking of Kalkan's many restaurants and facilities. The accommodation was very comfortable, the views magnificent and the swimming pool outstanding.
A perfect place for a family holiday. We have loved the jetty and made good use of the kayaks. Zeze, Hasan and his wife were all very helpful.
We have had the most amazing stay from fresh bread every morning to delicious meals in town. Kalkan is truly a gem of a place. The kids have thoroughly enjoyed the private pier and swimming in the sea, what a treat. Our first time in Turkey and our expectations were surpassed. Already thinking of booking our next trip!
Three generations of family loved villa Kral. The beautiful views and pool are, and the bathing platform is a real bonus. We loved going out on the kayaks. A wonderful week's holiday.
Villa Kral is so beautiful! We have all had such a great time here, so relaxing! Wish we could stay for another week. Kalkan is really good, something for everyone. Every restaurant we went to the food was brilliant and everyone is so friendly and nice. Zeze was really helpful and always there to help and Hasan was so lovely!
We have had a fantastic 2 weeks here with our family. Loved an early morning swim in the sea and the late afternoon sun around the pool. Boat trips were great and well worth doing one. Zeze was GREAT, very helpful as was Hasan who looked after the villa and pool.
Simpsons provided us with an excellent holiday from the start of the booking process (nearly 3 years ago!) to the eventual stay at the superb Villa Kral in Kalkan. We were in expert hands throughout.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions