In this section...
- Superbly positioned studio-house
- Simple, contemporary interiors
- Direct beach access
- Taverna and café 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
Good to know... Loutsa Waterside is being refurbished for 2022. Interior images are 3D digitals intended for guidance only. We are pleased to offer a 5% discount until new photographs are published in the spring.
If your idea of heaven is a luxury pied-a-terre just a stone’s throw from the sea, this chic little house ticks all the boxes. In the same idyllic location as neighbouring Loutsa Villa and Villa Alba, Loutsa Waterside is a newly built stone property offering every modern convenience in an enviable spot by the picturesque inlet that leads to Vathy harbour.
Epitomising elegant simplicity, clean lines and contemporary furnishings ensure the studio-style space feels light, bright and discretely upmarket, yet nothing is overdone and the house keeps a harmonious connection with the natural surroundings. Doors lead out onto the shaded terrace where the tantalising views of the water are a constant distraction and the beach is just a barefoot stroll away. Lazy days spent drifting between land and sea are a joy and it doesn’t take long for the relaxed pace of island life to weave its magic in a home-from-home is as charming as this. Within easy walking distance, you'll find a café and an excellent family-run taverna, specialising in fish but also offering a wide range of local dishes; sitting here by the waterfront to enjoy lunch under the trees is a treat, with the broad panorama of Vathy Bay stretching out before you. Little fishing boats come and go and above the cove, two old Venetian cannons still stand guard. The sea is clear enough to watch a myriad of small fish swim back and forth without ever dipping so much as a toe in the water, but we highly recommend a mask and snorkel when bathing, to transport you into their beautiful world. When dusk falls, fire up the barbecue and settle in for a night beneath the stars, or venture into Vathy for a little more sparkle and a meal at one of the tavernas around the harbour.
Loutsa Waterside is a lovely self-contained property enjoying its own independence and privacy, perfect for two and well-placed for exploring the island. However, it can also be booked in conjunction with Loutsa Villa and/or Villa Alba, when it offers an excellent option for multi-generational groups.
- 1 bedroom studio-style house (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/bedroom area (bed can be configured as a double or twins); satellite TV
- Kitchen area includes 2-ring hob, fridge-freezer, microwave and washing machine
- Shower room with WC
Please note... Loutsa Waterside is being refurbished for 2022. Interior images are 3D digitals intended for guidance only. We are pleased to offer a 5% discount until new photographs are published in the spring.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, safe
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Shaded terrace with dining area and sunbeds
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0830K100808301
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Loutsa beach 1min walk
- Tavernas 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group B – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group E – Daihatsu Terios 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Ithaca is a beautiful unspoilt island but with all the facilities you would need. Loutsa Waterside is an ideal property for a couple, well appointed and well located for exploring the island or relaxing on the patio with the beach just a few steps away. Judith typified the high standards we have come to expect from Simpsons. She was always available when needed and keen to ensure that we got the most from our holiday.
David Harrison, July 2022
Loutsa Waterside was everything we hoped it would be. The location was superb being a 30 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of Vathy and being able to enjoy the peace and quiet at the villa. Despite being by the beach and with 2 villas behind Waterside, we felt it was still private and hardly noticed the villas behind. Watching the boats sail by into the harbour was a nice way to spend the time. We hadn’t seen the photos but as we have travelled with Simpson before we were confident it would be lovely. Judith was excellent, we had a small query on our first day which she sorted out very promptly, her knowledge of the island was very useful and she reassured us that we could get in touch at any time for any issues. Fabulous all round.
Patrick Harvey, May 2022
Small but beautifully formed! Loutsa Waterside may look small next to its villa neighbours, but for two people it had everything we needed for our holiday in Ithaca. A brand new build, Waterside sits close to Loutsa beach - perfect for an early morning swim…and is only a five minute drive from Vathy….or a leisurely 20 minute stroll. We loved its quiet setting and would return in a heartbeat.
Alison Arbuthnot, May 2022
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions