In this section...
- Charming hillside villa
- Stunning views
- Comfortable, light and airy
- Restaurants/shops 10-minute drive
- Beach 10-minute drive
Villa Doniche is one of four charming villas on the hillside adjacent to the ancient village of Olmeto: tranquil and picturesque with its terracotta rooftops, slopes cascading down to the unspoilt beaches of the Valinco Gulf – the area is a walker's paradise.
Each property benefits from its own private swimming pool cleverly designed to provide privacy and the most spectacular of views, whether barbecuing al fresco or enjoying the peacefulness of the terraces. The open-plan layout and bright décor combine to create a light and airy feel, while the furnishings are a stylish but unfussy blend of contemporary and traditional – from rattan and wicker to the chunky wood dining table. Whether in the kitchen or the sitting room, Doniche, Villa Vigna Maggiore, Villa A Murta and Villa l'Alta all come fully equipped and the local beaches, shops and restaurants are just a short drive away.
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining area with satellite TV; leads to covered terrace
- Kitchen with full oven, kettle, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine
- Open-plan double bedroom with shower and basin (no WC)
- Open-plan twin bedroom with shower and basin (no WC)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Charcoal barbecue (charcoal not supplied)
- Outside shower
- Private saltwater swimming pool 10.5m x 4.5m (depth 1.5m), security alarm, access via steps.
- Please note that access to the villa is up a steep tarmac driveway
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Restaurants 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Shops and supermarkets 10min drive
- Ajaccio 1hr 15min drive
- Figari airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
One fabulous holiday! Many visits to Corsica and it never disappoints. Stunning villa with wonderful views. The kitchen is fully equipped also. It was lovely to have a daily visit from a sweet natured cat. Lovely gardens, very pretty.
Lesley & Kevin – September 2017
Our fifth holiday to beautiful Corsica and it never fails to please. We enjoyed our stay at Villa Doniche. Beautiful position and views. When we arrived we were greeted with dark clouds but fortunately haven’t seen a cloud since. Blue skies and sun every day therefore we did not feel the need to move much. Zena was very helpful without being invasive.
Kath & Pete – July 2017
A great return visit – as good as last year! Great paths and views locally, and mountains very accessible.
Helen & Tony – September 2016
Villa Doniche has been lovely place to stay. The views are magical and the pool is one of the nicest we have had. Corsica is beautiful, so many trees and very friendly people! We hope we will come back!
The Meynell Family – July 2016
We have enjoyed a very restful week in this glorious location, weather has been mainly sunny and warm – pool nice and fresh. Steven has been very helpful. Thank you Simpson Travel.
Clive & Jane – June 2016
A wonderful villa with everything we needed.
Mr Alderman – July 2015
A lovely relaxing holiday!
Mrs Church – July 2015
Villa Doniche is a beautiful villa in a beautiful location – a great place to explore Corsica from or just to relax by the pool and admire the views.
Mr Ormond – July 2014
Just magnificent! Beautiful villa, beautiful views, beautiful Corsica. Thank you to Karim and his wife and to Joelle (Simpson Travel) for being so helpful.
Mr & Mrs Marsland – June 2012
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The Gulf of Valinco makes for an inspiring holiday destination – and not just for the wonderful beaches. Propriano is one of the oldest island resorts, its marina lined with cafés and restaurants. South lies Campomoro and, to the north, in the folds of the Taravo Valley, stand the menhirs of Filitosa. Inland, you’ll find the mountain villages of the Alta Rocca, below the Bavella Peaks. And don’t miss the ancient capital of the south, Sartène, a favourite with wine buffs.
Complete the picture with one of our handpicked luxury villas and enjoy your holiday in The Valinco to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions