In this section...
- Charming hillside villa
- Stunning views
- Comfortable, light and airy
- Simpson family extras available
- Restaurants/shops 10-minute drive
- Beach 10-minute drive
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
Villa Doniche is one of five charming villas on the hillside adjacent to the ancient village of Olmeto: tranquil and picturesque with its terracotta rooftops, slopes cascading down to the unspoilt beaches of the Valinco Gulf – the area is a walker's paradise.
Each property benefits from its own private swimming pool cleverly designed to provide privacy and the most spectacular of views, whether barbecuing al fresco or enjoying the peacefulness of the terraces. The open-plan layout and bright décor combine to create a light and airy feel, while the furnishings are a stylish but unfussy blend of contemporary and traditional – from rattan and wicker to the chunky wood dining table. Whether in the kitchen or the sitting room, Villa Doniche, Villa Vigna Maggiore, Villa A Murta, Villa Vista and Villa l'Alta all come fully equipped and the local beaches, shops and restaurants are just a short drive away.
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining area with satellite TV; leads to covered terrace
- Kitchen with full oven, kettle, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine
- Open-plan double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with shower and basin (no WC)
- Open-plan twin bedroom (90 x 200cm beds) with shower and basin (no WC)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Charcoal barbecue (charcoal not supplied)
- Outside shower
- Private saltwater swimming pool 6.8m x 7.5m (depth 1.6m), security alarm, access via steps
- Pool is heated in May, June and September (pool can be heated outside of these months at a charge of £120/week and must be pre-booked in the UK)
- The villa is reached via a steep tarmac driveway and requires a reasonably confident driver
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Restaurants 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Shops and supermarkets 10min drive
- Ajaccio 1hr 15min drive
- Figari airport 1hr 20min drive
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – VW Golf GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group O – 9-seater minibus Ford Galaxy or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Please note we can request automatic cars in all car groups except Group N. Please specify at time of booking if you require an automatic car
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa Doniche is a beautiful villa with lovely views over the gulf of Valinco. The new pool is excellent. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Richard & Maureen Field – September 2019
We had a fabulous holiday and the villa was wonderful with the best views we could have wished for.
Mr Hitchcock – July 2019
We had a fabulous holiday! Villa Doniche was lovely with the most beautiful pool and views. Easy to access beaches and local restaurants. Visited wonderful Sartène in the evening which was perfect at the end of a very hot day. We had the services of Sylvain who was excellent and latterly Clare who handled our ‘unexpected’ delays (courtesy of EasyJet!) impeccably. First class customer care – she went the extra mile for us! Thank you – we will definitely use Simpson again.
Sarah – July 2019
First class holiday experience – from booking to the overall standard of Casetta Bianca and Doniche, quality of Simpson travel representatives and general service.
Mr & Mrs Stevenson – September 2018
In Villa Doniche we had an epic time in the pool, feeding the cat, going to the beach. We especially loved the beach, Cupabia, and going on the pedalos and the inflatable chair behind the boat.
Jemima (aged 7) – August 2018
Thank you, James and Simpson Travel, for such a lovely holiday. Our girls have given some recommendations on the two previous pages but we wanted to say a big thank you to James for being so exceptional. In particular, helping sort out a power cut after booking some fabulous restaurants for us. We have loved this villa, pool and excellent views. Thank you. PS James did a great job organising a skippered motor boat for us – it was AMAZING!!
We had a lovely time. Cupabia really good for food and watersports. Olmeto Plage beach amazing for snorkelling and even saw an octopus. U Famiente is absolutely superb for food. Thank you, Simpson Travel.
Gracia (aged 10) – August 2018
We have had a wonderful time here in Corsica, the villa is in a beautiful position with a great pool, which provided some fun times (even if it was a bit cold!). James has been amazing and has gone above and beyond with helping us. Even at 9:30am when the car wouldn’t start, he was straight over here until about 17.30 when the mechanic fixed it. We enjoyed especially the thermal baths, the beautiful scenery of Zonza (although we were interrupted by some thunder and lightning on the drive home and we witnessed a tree one fire – the start of a forest fire which was quickly put out by firemen). We fell in love with the jet skiing. The highlight of every day was going to the bakery in Propriano every morning for fresh croissant. We recommend going to La Crique, a lovely restaurant with a beautiful view and good cocktails (and mocktails!). Thank you, Simpson Travel.
The Hill Family – August 2018
We have enjoyed a wonderful fortnight at Villa Doniche. The villa met our every need and all the outside space was a real bonus – parents with adult children had space to enjoy each other’s company or not. We enjoyed breakfast on the veranda whilst checking out what was happening down in the bay. Afternoon swims under the shade of the olive trees and watching the stars at night. Everything was up to the usual Simpson standard. Days out included a trip to Ajaccio (Napoleon’s house was shut but the city was well worth a visit) – lunch outside the cathedral and great shopping. A drive to Campomoro but even at 11am we were too late for parking, a boat trip around the bay followed by pizza in Propriano. Best of all was the trip from Ajaccio to Corte – two hours of spectacular scenery at the top of the world on a track that is an engineering wonder. Simply the best way to see Corsica. Mountains with glaciers, deep ravines with gushing rivers and Corte was a medieval treat. Our stay also included everyone getting together to watch England v Croatia in the World Cup semi-final. (Thank you again James.) We shared our disappointment over beers and rosé and pizza. Special thanks to Hamid for looking after our wonderful pool and of course James for all the advice and organisation.
The Price Family – July 2018
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The Gulf of Valinco makes for an inspiring holiday destination – and not just for the wonderful beaches. Propriano is one of the oldest island resorts, its marina lined with cafés and restaurants. South lies Campomoro and, to the north, in the folds of the Taravo Valley, stand the menhirs of Filitosa. Inland, you’ll find the mountain villages of the Alta Rocca, below the Bavella Peaks. And don’t miss the ancient capital of the south, Sartène, a favourite with wine buffs.
Complete the picture with one of our handpicked luxury villas and enjoy your holiday in The Valinco to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions