In this section...
- Charming hillside villa
- Stunning views
- Comfortable, light and airy
- Restaurants/shops 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
Villa A Murta is one of four charming villas on the hillside adjacent to the ancient village of Olmeto: tranquil and picturesque with its terracotta rooftops, slopes cascading down to the unspoilt beaches of the Valinco Gulf – the area is a walker's paradise.
Each property benefits from its own private swimming pool cleverly designed to provide privacy and the most spectacular of views, whether barbecuing al fresco or enjoying the peacefulness of the terraces. The open-plan layout and bright décor combine to create a light and airy feel, while the furnishings are a stylish but unfussy blend of contemporary and traditional – from rattan and wicker to the chunky wood dining table. Whether in the kitchen or the sitting room, A Murta, Doniche, Vigna Maggiore and Villa l'Alta all come fully equipped and the local beaches, shops and restaurants are just a short drive away.
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining area with Satellite TV; leads to covered terrace
- Kitchen includes full oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Open-plan double bedroom with shower and basin (no WC)
- Open-plan twin bedroom with shower and basin (no WC)
- Complimentary wifi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Charcoal barbecue (charcoal not supplied)
- Swimming pool 6.8m x 3.8m (depth 1.4m), security alarm, access via steps
- Please note that access to the villa is up a steep tarmac driveway
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Restaurants/shops 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Ajaccio 1hr 15min drive
- Figari airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D/H, Peugeot 508 or VW Tiguan 4x2, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group D – 1.4-2 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group J – Peugeot 2008 GPS Garanti or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – Renault Kedjar 4x4 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VM Gold Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – Ford Combi or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
The A Murta villa is everything we wanted/expected. We are veterans of Villa holidays - this one was outstanding from every angle. Thank you Simpson. And a very big thank you to our Simpson representative!
Mr Petitpierre – July 2017
Exellent holiday experience as we have come to expect.
Mr Connah – June 2017
First week to Corsica! Lovely week, relaxing by the pool with stunning views.
Jenny & Simone – July 2016
A great company with excellent service !
Mrs Glen – September 2015
Our local representative, Diane, was excellent. Very knowledgeable without being assertive and had a lovely manner.
Mrs Collier – May 2014
Another glorious two weeks in Corsica organised by Simpson. Simpson take the stress out of the coming and going and the quality of the accommodation is always reliable. The reps are on hand to sort out any problems but are equally unobtrusive if you don't need them. We are already planning our next trip.
Mrs Raikes – September 2012
Villa with a great view – it is fun to watch the boats coming and going! Relaxing week and easy to do very little!
Mr & Mrs Stokes – September 2012
Views fantastic, lots of lazing on the decking and use of BBQ, has great weather mid 20’s to start 31 on last day! Campomoro very worth a day or two. Porto Pollo like Campomoro is close enough to drive to – 35 mins – lovely bay and restaurants. Bonifacio a bit further afield – 1 hour 20 minutes – but magnificent walled town. Always nice to return to Villa. All in all a great holiday. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. P.S. Propriano also very nice.
Mr & Mrs McSharry – May 2012
Had a fantastic time. The weather is really changeable (don’t think clouds in the morning means it’s a dull day) Enjoy!
Mr & Mrs Szadziewska – May 2012
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The Gulf of Valinco makes for an inspiring holiday destination – and not just for the wonderful beaches. Propriano is one of the oldest island resorts, its marina lined with cafés and restaurants. South lies Campomoro and, to the north, in the folds of the Taravo Valley, stand the menhirs of Filitosa. Inland, you’ll find the mountain villages of the Alta Rocca, below the Bavella Peaks. And don’t miss the ancient capital of the south, Sartène, a favourite with wine buffs.
Complete the picture with one of our handpicked luxury villas and enjoy your holiday in The Valinco to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions