In this section...
- Grand spacious house
- Private estate
- Magnificent views of Calvi Bay
- Skippered motor yacht available
- Beach and restaurant 5min drive
- Lumio village 10min walk
Villa Palmeraie enjoys a prime position on the Domaine Paradisu estate below Lumio, a highly sought-after village near the coast in the heart of the Balagne. Unusually for Corsica, guests at this Domaine have access to a range of exclusive luxury services including a professional concierge, massage and beauty therapies, daily cleaning and a private cook to cater for your party on request. For a chance to explore the spectacular coastline in real style, the Domaine offers its own skippered motor yacht – Le Paradise – for private charter.
Palmeraie is probably the grandest house on the estate thanks to its vast, palm-fringed swimming pool and luxurious outdoor lounge; it also claims the widest, most spectacular views. Arranged over two floors, the villa has five bedrooms and two separate living areas, ideal if you have older children or teens who would appreciate some private space to hang out. The gardens are unusually large, offering plenty of play space for those who are old enough to negotiate the occasional steep drop. There are also two fine sandy beaches at nearby, Algajola and Calvi.
Villa Palmeraie is one of three imposing properties at the Domaine Paradisu, a private four acre estate set in a 100-year-old olive grove with magnificent views of Calvi Bay and the citadel. Each house has its own swimming pool and grounds to ensure privacy for all guests.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, Nespresso coffee maker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher; leads to large covered dining area
- Living room with TV, DVD, iPod docking station; access to large terrace
- Guest WC
- Master bedroom with separate bathroom and WC, dressing room
- Double bedroom with TV; access to large terrace
- Triple bedroom with TV; access to large terrace
- Family bathroom with separate shower and WC
- Open-plan living area and kitchen
- Double bedroom
- Double bedroom (or twin on request)
- Separate bathroom
- Separate WC
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, pool and bath towels provided
- Daily cleaning provided
- Large outside lounge area
- Sea view terraces
- Split level gardens
- Private swimming pool
- Young children need to be supervised due to drops in the gardens
- Cook available (requires pre-booking)
- Lunch/dinner €150 (plus cost of ingredients), breakfast (cost of ingredients only) - includes shopping, preparation, service and clearing
- Skippered motor yacht available €850/day plus fuel (subject to weather conditions)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 3:00pm
- Check-out time – 9:00am
- Beach (Arinella) 5min drive
- Lumio village 10min walk
- Beaches (Algajola and Calvi) 10min drive
- Restaurant 5min drive
- Ile Rousse 20min drive
- Calvi airport 10min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, and 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions