In this section...
- Characterful stone cottage
- Picturesque rural setting
- Sunset views
- Kalkan 12min drive
For those who are familiar with our ever-popular Kalkan Regency Hotel, the owners of this pretty, two-bedroom cottage near the village of Üzümlü need no introduction. And within walking distance of the farm that produces many of the mouth-watering ingredients for their celebrated restaurant, the family’s farmhouse holds a charm and appeal all of its own.
Tucked away in the idyllic countryside that borders the turquoise coast, guests can enjoy an authentic taste of Turkish rural living and the perfect antidote to the stresses of modern life, yet still only a short drive from the glitz and glamour of Kalkan.
In-keeping with its timeless surroundings, this enchanting stone house is simply furnished in traditional style, well-equipped and comfortable, with a country style kitchen perfect for those who are looking to try their hand at Turkish cuisine. The Tomanbay family are more than happy for guests to visit the farm and indulge in the homespun pleasure of picking their own vegetables for supper and you’ll find a menagerie of animals, always keen to say hello and a sure-fire hit with younger members of the family.
Outside, The Regency Farmhouse has everything you need to shrug off the vagaries of daily life, lie back and unwind. A beautiful stone terrace with covered dining area and free-form pool has been designed with the views in mind, and it’s a magical spot to gaze out across the fertile landscape towards the sea and watch the sky transform from blue to gold in early evening. Read a book, raise a glass, and be seduced by the gentle soundscape of the Turkish countryside, or head into sleepy Üzümlü where you’ll find some lovely, unfussy restaurants serving a surprisingly good choice of local dishes, including the renowned Turkish pizza – Pide.
When a touch more sophistication is called for, the bright lights of Kalkan are not too far away and for those who like to mix their relaxation with a little indulgence, you can hire a taxi and be sitting in one of the stylish roof top restaurants in less than twenty minutes.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Turkey.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan kitchen/diner area with oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine
- Living area with satellite/smart TV
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed)
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds)
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Garden and shaded terrace
- Private swimming pool 9m x 3.8m (depth 1.44m)
- Air-conditioned living areas and bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- While alcohol is not sold in Üzümlü’s shops or restaurants, it is easily available in Islamlar, only a five-minute drive away
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Restaurant (Üzümlü) 5min drive
- Mini-market (Üzümlü) 5min drive
- Shops/restaurants/beach clubs (Kalkan)12min drive
- Patara Beach 30min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A pretty mountain village just above Kalkan Bay, Islamlar is a place of bucolic tranquillity and rustic architecture set against the dramatic backdrop of the Taurus Mountains. In the heart of Islamlar you will still find a truly traditional way of life, unchanged throughout the centuries: an old tea house, a bakery where flour is still ground by millstones and shepherds herding their sheep among the olive trees.
Nearby is Islamlar’s even sleepier neighbour, Üzümlü. This traditional village is wonderfully unspoilt – a place where you can fully immerse yourself in the every-day comings and goings of rural Turkey.
But should you wish to experience a more cosmopolitan expression of Turkish hospitality, Kalkan with its beach clubs, vibrant waterfront bars and rooftop restaurants, is just a short drive away, giving you the best of all worlds.
To complete the picture, visit our handpicked selection of lovely villas in Islamlar & Üzümlü.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
View holiday Booking Conditions