In this section...
- Stylish and elegant villa
- Set in beautiful countryside
- Chic interiors
- Simpson family extras available
- Close to pretty Selva village
Sleek, chic and highly desirable, Empaltada is one of the very best properties in the area. Not that there is a lot of competition in the immediate vicinity however, for one of the great attractions of Empaltada is privacy. Surrounded by almond orchards and spacious grounds, this is a real get-away-from-it-all spot for a family, a couple or a small party of friends.
The villa has three en-suite bedrooms but the living areas and grounds feel as though they have been designed for a much bigger party, creating a luxurious sense of space. There are no near neighbours to disturb the magical peace of an afternoon by the pool or a candle-lit evening on the terrace, yet the nearest village is only a 5-minute drive or a 20-minute walk away when you need it.
Selva village is a really charming spot, set against the backdrop of the Tramuntana mountains. Well off the main tourist track and with a lovely local feel, it still has a couple of boutique hotels and very good restaurants catering for those in search of a more authentic island experience. You can explore all around this area on foot or bike, from gentle trails to more challenging hikes up into the Tramuntana. And despite the rural feel, Selva is a relatively short drive from the main road connecting Palma and the beaches of the north east coast, meaning you can reach either in around 30 minutes or under.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Large open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels), DVD/CD player; leads to terrace
- Large kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with separate shower and double sinks, walk-in wardrobe, two Juliet balconies
- 2 twin bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms; both with a Juliet balcony
- Relaxing area (can accommodate an additional two people on two single beds)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Complimentary WiFi
- Light mid week clean included
- Weekly clean and linen/towel change included for 2 week durations
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Separate outside utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private swimming pool 11m x 5m with Roman steps
- Private catering can be arranged through My Chef Catering
- Childcare service can be arranged for your holiday through Jelly and Ice-cream
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- Our pool fencing service is available at a supplement of £300 per week. The service is subject to availability and must be booked in the UK prior to departure. The fence will be in place for your arrival at the villa.
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4:00pm
- Check-out time – 10:00am
- Selva (restaurants/shops) 5min drive or 20min walk (5-10min of this is on non-paved road)
- Inca (restaurants/shops) 10min drive
- Pollença 20-25min drive
- Beach (Puerto Pollença) 30min drive
- Palma and airport 35min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D3, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group F, Citroën C3 Automatic or similar,1.2 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group G, Peugeot 2008 Automatic or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
A lovely week here, peaceful setting and a great pool. We enjoyed the surrounding area eating in Deià (fabulous!), Porto Pollença and Pollença. A trip to Formentor is worthwhile but go at the end of the day to avoid the crowds. The locals fishing in Silva is worth the daily trip. Also visit Sineu market on Wednesday morning. Busy but fun!
The Davison Family – August 2018
We have had a lovely relaxing holiday in this fantastic villa. We do love Pollença and have visited several times, but have also tried Inca market, the Parc restaurant in Selva and had several lazy lunches at Sa Tafona in Caimari.
The Holyland Family – July 2018
We have had a lovely week in this peaceful villa only interrupted by the goats and birds. The weather has been perfect more or less each day and the week has been spent in and around the pool. We have visited Pollença, Puerto Pollença, Cala de Vincenzo as well as the nearby villages where the food and wine is excellent, but our very best was lunch in Miceli – not to be missed. The location, food and service were all excellent. And do visit the Sunday market at Pollença.
The Wall Family – June 2018
Had a great break at Empaltada, enjoyed the solitude with the sounds of the local goats and sheep nearby. Weather has been dry and hot, been to Deià, Pollença and local villages. Our first visit to Mallorca and we’ve been impressed by how authentic it is. Enjoyed the pool. A great week to get our family together.
The Dykes Family – June 2018
We’ve enjoyed our week at Empaltada. The peace and tranquillity – just the sound of the birds and nearby goats and sheep. Weather mixed at the beginning of our stay but settled as the week passed by, to beautiful blue skies, the breeze at times very welcome. We’ve made trips to Pollença, to the Sunday market and Cavalry Steps, Lluc and the monastery – stunning drive up to the mountains and beautiful views. Finally, Capdepera and the ruined castle at the bottom of the hill. Mostly we’ve relaxed by the pool and enjoyed our surroundings. Our last night we ate at Micelli’s – a memorable meal.
The Robertson Family – June 2018
Lovely holiday! Wonderful peaceful location. Gorgeous villa. Loved listening to the lambs and goat bells. Pool is wonderful, if a bit cold! Overall a great holiday!
The Powell Family – May 2018
This has been the best holiday ever, Best beds & the first holiday that my wife doesn’t want to go home!
Cain Family – September 2017
Very happy with villa, a very peaceful and relaxing place with good access to delightful towns and villages. House very well designed to cope with hot weather.
Attenburrow Family – July 2017
We’ve had a great one week stay here, the villa is beautiful and so are the nearby villages of Selva & Caimari.
Bushell Family – October 2016
We’ve had a fabulous time in this lovely villa and so enjoyed the peace and quiet. We’ve had a few trips out and found some great restaurants.
Ursula & James – September 2016
After being moved from another villa this is amazing! We had some fantastic meals in the villa with barbecues on the veranda and also in Selva village. Unfortunately we had a family disaster so we had to go to hospital – the Simpson Travel team were fantastic and helped us through the situation and I can’t thank them enough! Will be booking this villa again next year.
Wanaby Family – September 2016
What a fabulous family holiday we’ve enjoyed at this wonderful villa. . . our third Simpsons Villa. Well placed in the Mallorcan Hills we’ve enjoyed splendid walks and taking in the ambience all around us. Another great trip.
The Crosswell Family – September 2016
It’s certainly a quiet, peaceful place here in the countryside, some good walks and a few nice restaurants locally that are walkable within half an hour.
Reeves Family – September 2016
We’ve had a lovely holiday in a lovely villa on a beautiful island. Graham from Simpson Travel has been brilliant – responsive, friendly and a surprisingly good shepherd, when we were briefly invaded by sheep! The pool is delightful.
Barclay Family – August 2016
We loved the villa and it was a great base from which to explore the island. We had a day in Palma, at the Joan Miro Museum and then wandering the old town, we loved Pollença and Arta. Our holiday highlight was the sunset cruise from Port de Sóller on the Bonnie Lass. We sailed around to Deià and watched the sun sink on the horizon as we swam in the warm water.
Macgregor Family – July 2016
A lovely stay in a very lovely spot! Would most definitely visit again. The towns of Selva and Caimari serve excellent coffee and views to match – if you pick the right spot.
Nolan Family – July 2016
Simpson Travel, great property, splendid rural and non-touristy but excellent for links.
Dr Keighley – June 2016
Spectacular villa exceeded all expectations. Had a really lovely and peaceful week here. Found it difficult to leave and explore the island. Enjoyed being able to walk to both Selva and Caimari at night, hope to return for more of the same.
Robinson Family – May 2016
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Chapel El Calvari’s hilltop location offers stunning panoramic views and beautiful 13th- century artefacts. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the relaxing Pine Walk along the seafront.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a delightful agroturisme hotel, an inspiring blend of old and new for families and couples alike.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
View holiday Booking Conditions