In this section...
- Stylish and elegant villa
- Set in beautiful countryside
- Chic interiors
- Close to pretty Selva village
Sleek, chic and highly desirable, Villa Empaltada is one of the very best properties in the area. Not that there is a lot of competition in the immediate vicinity however, for one of the great attractions of Empaltada is privacy. Surrounded by almond orchards and spacious grounds, this is a real get-away-from-it-all spot for a family, a couple or a small party of friends.
The villa has three en-suite bedrooms but the living areas and grounds feel as though they have been designed for a much bigger party, creating a luxurious sense of space. There are no near neighbours to disturb the magical peace of an afternoon by the pool or a candle-lit evening on the terrace, yet the nearest village is only a five minute drive or a 15-20 minute walk away when you need it.
Selva village is a really charming spot, set against the backdrop of the Tramuntana mountains. Well off the main tourist track and with a lovely local feel, it still has a couple of boutique hotels and very good restaurants catering for those in search of a more authentic island experience. You can explore all around this area on foot or bike, from gentle trails to more challenging hikes up into the Tramuntana. And despite the rural feel, Selva is a relatively short drive from the main road connecting Palma and the beaches of the north east coast, meaning you can reach either in around 30 minutes or under.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Large open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels), DVD/CD player; leads to terrace
- Large kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with separate shower and double sinks, walk-in wardrobe, two Juliet balconies
- 2 twin bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms; both with a Juliet balcony
- Relaxing area (can accommodate an additional two people on two single beds)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Complimentary wifi
- Light mid week clean included
- Weekly clean and linen/towel change included for 2 week durations
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Separate outside utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private swimming pool 11m x 5m with Roman steps
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4:00pm
- Check-out time – 10:00am
- Selva (restaurants/shops) 5min drive or 15-20min walk (5-10min of this is on non-paved road)
- Inca (restaurants/shops) 10min drive
- Pollença 20-25min drive
- Beach (Puerto Pollença) 30min drive
- Palma and airport 35min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D1 – Citroën C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D2, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We’ve had a great one week stay here, the villa is beautiful and so are the nearby villages of Selva & Caimari
Bushell Family – October 2016
We’ve had a fabulous time in this lovely villa and so enjoyed the peace & quiet. We’ve had a few trips out and found some great restaurants
Ursula & James – September 2016
After being moved from another villa this is amazing! We had some fantastic meals in the villa with BBQs on the veranda and also in Selva Village. Unfortunately we had a family disaster so we had to go to hospital – the Simpson Team were fantastic and helped us through the situation and I can’t thank them enough! Will be booking this villa again next year.
Wanaby Family – September 2016
It’s certainly a quiet peaceful place here in the countryside, some good walks and a few nice restaurants locally that are walk-able within half an hour
Reeves Family – September 2016
We’ve had a lovely holiday in a lovely villa on a beautiful island. Graham from Simpsons has been brilliant – responsive, friendy and a surprisingly good shepherd, when we were briefly invaded by sheep! The pool is delightful.
Barclay Family – August 2016
We loved the villa and it was a great base from which to explore the island. We had a day in Palma, at the Joan Miro Museum and then wandering the old town, we loved Pollenca and Arta. Our holiday highlight was the sunset cruise from Port de Soller on the Bonnie Lass. We sailed around to Deia and watched the sun sink on the horizon as we swam in the warm water.
Macgregor Family – July 2016
A lovely stay in a very lovely spot! Would most definitely visit again. The towns of Selva & Caimari serve excellent coffee and views to match - if you pick the right spot
Nolan Family – July 2016
Simpson, great property splendid rural and non-touristy but excellent for links
Dr Keighley – June 2016
Spectacular villa exceeded all expectations. Had a really lovely and peaceful week here. Found it difficult to leave and explore the island. Enjoyed being able to walk to both Selva and Caimari at night, hope to return for more of the same
Robinson Family – May 2016
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Chapel El Calvari’s hilltop location offers stunning panoramic views and beautiful 13th- century artefacts. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the relaxing Pine Walk along the seafront.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas to help you make the most of this timeless island.
View holiday Booking Conditions