In this section...
- Set on the famous Calvary steps
- Glorious vistas
- Elegant mansion
- Short walk to Pollença old square
If you’ve been to Pollença town before then you’ll almost certainly have walked past Caponet, an elegant mansion house superbly situated half way up the famous Calvary steps. The 365 steps and the small chapel to which they lead have become a symbol of the town, and a reminder that visitors have been drawn to this stunning spot for hundreds of years.
As you might expect from this lofty position, the views over the town and Puig Maria are glorious. More of a surprise is the remarkable privacy that the house enjoys, concealed from view by a canopy of cypress trees and an enclosed garden. There’s a large private pool discreetly hidden to one side, and plenty of outdoor space to enjoy a spot of al fresco dining. For a family, a couple or a small group of friends, the location just couldn’t be better.
Pollença is one of most rewarding towns on Mallorca, rich in history and blessed with many wonderful places to eat, drink and shop in style. Staying behind the secluded walls of Caponet provides an almost childlike thrill, knowing that you are safely hidden from the outside world but with all of its pleasures just minutes away when you want them.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining room with Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels), DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Kitchen and living area open up to front terrace with views
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe. Opens up to front terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom; small balcony
- Double and twin bedroom both with en-suite shower rooms and shared balcony
Lower ground floor
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Shower room
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Heating available for cooler months
- Light mid week clean included
- Weekly clean and linen/towel change included for 2 week durations
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 9m x 4.1m (depth 1m - 2m) with Roman steps
- Villa is situated half-way up the famous Calvary steps (365 steps in total)
- Access by car to villa is via narrow streets and the actual approach requires driving across the Calvary steps
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4:00pm
- Check-out time – 10:00am
- Located in the heart of Pollença, adjacent to the Calvary steps
- Beach (Puerto Pollença) 10min drive
- Palma airport 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group A2, Citroën Berlingo, and 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D1 – Citroën C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D2, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We stayed for the second time at Villa Caponet in Pollensa. The location and villa are superb and it all added up to a very special family holiday . Thank you
Mrs Price – August 2017
Great location great space. Lovely place to spend an autumn week with good friends.
Stuart & Janet – October 2016
What a beautiful location for a villa. The views are magnificent though the steps to the villa are certainly a daily challenge, good exercise. Facilities of the villa are great, very spacious, catering for everything you will need. Good sized pool with sun loungers for everyone. Had a fabulous time and would definitely like to return in the future.
Mrs Howard – June 2016
I have used Simpson Travel twice now and very happy on both occasions. I will certainly use you again.
Mr Forrest – June 2016
Simpson continue to provide tremendous support and go to great personal lengths to ensure their clients have the best possible holiday experience. Seldom does one find a travel company willing and able to provide such a personal service.
Mr Reeves – September 2015
Caponet is a wonderfully appointed and located villa in Pollenca. It was very clean and the services of the rep Vince were excellent. Walking up the Calvari steps kept us fit, and ready for our next lovely meal.we hope to return again.
Mrs Price – August 2015
Having travelled with Simpson on several occasions, this trip was no different. A great villa great service and great support. I would have no hesitation in recommending Simpson when you need a villa in Mallorca.
Mr Reeves – October 2014
Fantastic time in great villa and wonderful location. Enjoyed all the wonderful beaches and ate out many times. Thank you Simpson yet again - our 5th holiday with you!
The Reid Family – July 2014
Pollenca is beautiful old Mallorcan town and this villa couldn't be in a nicer position to enjoy it. The views are really spectacular - it's hard to leave. Thank you Vince for giving us such a warm welcome.
The Wilkinson Family – July 2014
The villa is absolutely ideal. Full of character, in an ideal and beautiful location. Thanks, just what the doctor ordered!!
Ms Brown – May 2014
We have enjoyed a fantastic week at Caponet! The villa is in a brilliant location, amazing views and so handy for all that Pollenca has to offer. The villa itself was beautifully presented and a lovely place to spend time relaxing. Vince was very helpful.
The Cooper Family – May 2014
Lovely, spacious villa in a fantastic location! A real treat to stay on the Calvari Steps yet have so much privacy and space. The terraces were especially lovely with mountain views. not to mention the pool, we all enjoyed chilling. Thanks to Vince and the Simpson team - we hope to return.
The Price Family – April 2014
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Chapel El Calvari’s hilltop location offers stunning panoramic views and beautiful 13th- century artefacts. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the relaxing Pine Walk along the seafront.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas to help you make the most of this timeless island.
View holiday Booking Conditions