In this section...
- Set on the famous Calvary steps
- Glorious vistas
- Elegant mansion
- Short walk to Pollença old square
- Simpson family extras available
This property has an exclusive offer, please view our Late availability page for more information.
If you’ve been to Pollença town before then you’ll almost certainly have walked past Caponet, an elegant mansion house superbly situated half way up the famous Calvary steps. The 365 steps and the small chapel to which they lead have become a symbol of the town, and a reminder that visitors have been drawn to this stunning spot for hundreds of years.
As you might expect from this lofty position, the views over the town and Puig Maria are glorious. More of a surprise is the remarkable privacy that the house enjoys, concealed from view by a canopy of cypress trees and an enclosed garden. There’s a large private pool discreetly hidden to one side, and plenty of outdoor space to enjoy a spot of al fresco dining. For a family, a couple or a small group of friends, the location just couldn’t be better.
Pollença is one of most rewarding towns on Mallorca, rich in history and blessed with many wonderful places to eat, drink and shop in style. Staying behind the secluded walls of Caponet provides an almost childlike thrill, knowing that you are safely hidden from the outside world but with all of its pleasures just minutes away when you want them.
Please be aware that lively fiestas take place in Pollença from 2-6 August, and the spectacular 'Davallament' procession takes place in the centre of the town on Good Friday.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining room with Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels), DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Kitchen and living area open up to front terrace with views
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe. Opens up to front terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom; small balcony
- Double and twin bedroom both with en-suite shower rooms and shared balcony
Lower ground floor
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Heating available for cooler months
- Light mid week clean included
- Weekly clean and linen/towel change included for 2 week durations
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 9m x 4.1m (depth 1m - 2m) with Roman steps
- Villa is situated half-way up the famous Calvary steps (365 steps in total)
- Access by car to villa is via narrow streets and the actual approach requires driving across the Calvary steps (if not booking car hire through Simpson Travel, only compact cars should be hired due to narrow street width)
- Private catering can be arranged through My Chef Catering
- Childcare service can be arranged for your holiday through Jelly and Ice-cream
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- Our pool fencing service is available at a supplement of £300 per week. The service is subject to availability and must be booked in the UK prior to departure. The fence will be in place for your arrival at the villa.
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4:00pm
- Check-out time – 10:00am
- Located in the heart of Pollença, adjacent to the Calvary steps
- Beach (Puerto Pollença) 10min drive
- Palma airport 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108, and 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D3, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group F, Citroën C3 Automatic or similar,1.2 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group G, Peugeot 2008 Automatic or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
After a super week at Son Pons Hotel (with Simpson Travel) we were joined by our sons and enjoyed a fantastic week here at Caponet. The villa is very well located, just a short walk from the town square but it’s quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed eating at Bar Nou and ice cream from the ice cream parlour at the end of the main square. Cycle hire from Pro Am cycles was excellent as was a round of golf at Pollença Golf Club. Further on, the market at Sineu is the most authentic and for a longer trip we would recommend Cala Torta – with its very simple but fantastic bar.
The Burgesses – July 2018
A wonderful week, all too short! Beautiful villa which worked very well for our family of eight adults. We have had great meals in Pollença, at Q11 (Onze) on the square, sophisticated and beautifully presented food, La Font del Gall – very friendly and fun eating on the street. We would recommend the Aqualand water park. Thank you, Simpson Travel and Claire.
The Burke Family – July 2018
We have had a brilliant two weeks here, joined for part of the time by our ‘adult’ children. Caponet is a great space for this type of holiday – room to breathe and yet perfect for a family get-together. The weather has been fabulous and so we were able to get out and about to explore this beautiful area – many thanks to Claire for all her help, advice and wealth of information. Loads of great restaurants and bars, our favourites here in Pollença are Cantonet and Trencadora. For an exciting experience, drive down to Cala Tuent. Yet another wonderful Simpson Travel holiday, I’m sure we’ll be back for more.
Kathy & Matthew Bolton – July 2018
Fantastic week at Caponet. Very relaxing, great views and comfortable spacious accommodation. Some good bars are U Gallet and Jimmy’s. Some restaurants to go to are Hotel Son Brull, Onze and La Placita.
Antonia, Gordon, Finley & Scarlett – June 2018
We have had a lovely week staying at Villa Caponet. The weather has been gorgeous so we have made full use of the fantastic outside space at the villa. Whenever we have had a problem (rarely) it has been sorted out immediately. We have felt extremely well looked after and it has been a more than comfortable stay. We’d recommend Onze restaurant for some great meals. Thanks to Claire for her prompt attention at all times.
The Whites – April 2018
We have had a lovely week – weather a bit mixed but we have loved exploring the area, children have had a great week! Claire has been lovely and so helpful with a couple of things that were sorted very quickly. Would come back again. The situation of the house is amazing!
The Cruise Family – April 2018
We have all had a fantastic week here in this lovely villa, the weather has been beautiful, really going to miss the view from the terrace. Lots of lovely restaurants in the square. All in all a fantastic holiday. Thank you.
Caroline, Tony, Linda & Arthur – October 2017
Wonderful week in this lovely house. Enjoyed the view, the pool and candlelit barbecues. Liked watching people/torches climbing down the mountain opposite late at night – foolhardy! All in all a lovely holiday.
Bridget, Bob & Megan – September 2017
A lovely house and grounds with a magnificent position. We got plenty of exercise on the steps and saw a different side of Pollença though we had stayed outside the town many times. Claire, the rep, was excellent and all her recommendations the same.
Susan, Gill & Andy – September 2017
We were all completely captivated by the view from the terrace. We enjoyed the exercise up the steps from town after our evening meal in Pollença. Pool was a lovely bonus after temperatures of 27C. All of us had a great time. Pollença is somewhere we would return to.
The Talbot Family – September 2017
We stayed for the second time at Villa Caponet in Pollença. The location and villa are superb and it all added up to a very special family holiday. Thank you.
Mrs Price – August 2017
Great location, great space. Lovely place to spend an autumn week with good friends.
Stuart & Janet – October 2016
What a beautiful location for a villa. The views are magnificent though the steps to the villa are certainly a daily challenge, good exercise. Facilities of the villa are great, very spacious, catering for everything you would need. Good-sized pool with sunbeds for everyone. Had a fabulous time and would definitely like to return in the future.
Mrs Howard – June 2016
I have used Simpson Travel twice now and been very happy on both occasions. I will certainly use again.
Mr Forrest – June 2016
Simpson Travel continues to provide tremendous support and go to great personal lengths to ensure their clients have the best possible holiday experience. Seldom does one find a travel company willing and able to provide such a personal service.
Mr Reeves – September 2015
Caponet is a wonderfully appointed and located villa in Pollença. It was very clean and the services of the rep Vince were excellent. Walking up the Calvari steps kept us fit, and ready for our next lovely meal. We hope to return again.
Mrs Price – August 2015
Having travelled with Simpson Travel on several occasions, this trip was no different. A great villa, great service and great support. I would have no hesitation in recommending Simpson Travel when you need a villa in Mallorca.
Mr Reeves – October 2014
Fantastic time in a great villa in a wonderful location. Enjoyed all the wonderful beaches and ate out many times. Thank you Simpson Travel yet again – our fifth holiday with you!
The Reid Family – July 2014
Pollença is beautiful old Mallorcan town and this villa couldn't be in a nicer position to enjoy it. The views are really spectacular – it's hard to leave. Thank you, Vince, for giving us such a warm welcome.
The Wilkinson Family – July 2014
The villa is absolutely ideal. Full of character, in an ideal and beautiful location. Thanks, just what the doctor ordered!
Ms Brown – May 2014
We have enjoyed a fantastic week at Caponet! The villa is in a brilliant location, amazing views and so handy for all that Pollença has to offer. The villa itself was beautifully presented and a lovely place to spend time relaxing. Vince was very helpful.
The Cooper Family – May 2014
Lovely spacious villa in a fantastic location! A real treat to stay on the Calvari Steps yet have so much privacy and space. The terraces were especially lovely with mountain views, not to mention the pool – we all enjoyed chilling. Thanks to Vince and the Simpson team – we hope to return.
The Price Family – April 2014
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Chapel El Calvari’s hilltop location offers stunning panoramic views and beautiful 13th- century artefacts. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the relaxing Pine Walk along the seafront.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a delightful agroturisme hotel, an inspiring blend of old and new for families and couples alike.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
View holiday Booking Conditions