In this section...
- Charming stone house
- Set in picturesque village of Fornalutx
- Stunning rural views
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
Fornalutx continues to captivate the discerning traveller and we are delighted to feature this quintessential and exceedingly pretty farmhouse just a gentle stroll from Fornalutx’s many restaurants.
The quirky and stylish interiors have been lovingly furnished by the owner – the walls are adorned with his family’s paintings which help create a certain bohemian je ne sais quoi.
The wonderful country kitchen leads out to a secret treasure garden full of nooks and crannies as well as plenty of space for those seeking a quiet shaded corner to read and relax. The generous size pool can be found at the highest point of this very private garden offering truly spectacular views towards the mountains and valleys.
Ca’n Antuna is located in the heart of the prettiest village in Mallorca and would suit anyone looking to stay somewhere quite unique in beautiful surroundings.
- 3 bedrooms (sleeps 2-5)
- Living area with stove fire, CD player
- TV room (off living area) with Satellite TV (limited English channels) and DVD player
- Country kitchen with hob, oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher; leads out to garden and terrace
- Shower room
- Master air-conditioned double bedroom with en-suite bath room
- Small terrace off master bedroom
- Second living room with TV, door to shower room. Mezzanine twin air-conditioned bedroom
- Further staircase from kitchen to small double bedroom with fan (not air-conditioned)
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- No infants or children under 8 years of age
- Low ceilings and steep steps
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Iron, ironing board, hair-dryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Terraced garden with large dining table and outdoor seating area
- Swimming pool located along pathway through the gardens
- Private swimming pool 11m x 4m (depth 1.19m – 1.81m) with Roman steps
- Private parking
- Property cleaned once a week
- Unsuitable for people with walking difficulties due to uneven floors and steps
- Private catering can be arranged through My Chef Catering
- Childcare service can be arranged for your holiday through Jelly and Ice-cream
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
- Beach (Puerto Sóller) 15min drive
- Restaurants/shops (Fornalutx) 2min walk
- Palma and airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 308 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D1 – Citroën C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D2, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
I have used Simpson Travel for many years and have always had a great experience. Every detail is covered and service, both before and during the holiday, is excellent.
Mrs Shord – August 2017
Loved living in an art gallery all week, wish I could paint – both inside and outside were an inspiration. Addicted to fresh orange juice – might have to get a juicer! Felt like home – you for sharing.
The Kay Family - June 2017
A lovely week. This delightful, quirky farmhouse with its amazing art was a lovely surprise. Thank you to rep Barbara for suggesting the walk, it was a tough climb from the orient side but the views are fabulous and there’s a bar at the top! We had some good meals at the restaurants down the road although there isn’t a huge choice for vegetarians like myself, but we thought the Tumbet at Es Turo was excellent. All in all a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday – thanks.
Helen & Richard Royston – October 2016
A relaxing week at the end of season. The house served us well and we appreciated the fantastic art and cartoons – they must be worth a fortune!
Mark & Barbara – October 2016
What an enchanting place – so very special in every way. We just loved the art and the views are spectacular, we are already planning our return! Thank you for a truly memorable stay.
Cary & David – September 2016
This is the fourth time we have travelled with Simpson Travel and as before have found the level of service and accommodation excellent. Ca'n Antuna in Fornatulx is an absolute delight, arty and quirky, but wonderful – in a spectacular setting – a truly memorable holiday and we look forward to a return visit.
Ms Robbins – September 2016
Fornalutx is an enchanting little town and our visit luckily coincided with the fiesta with lots of music and entertainment. The range of good restaurants within a very short walk of Ca'n Antuna was very much appreciated. The beautiful mountain views and short drive to the lovely beach at Port Sóller made this an ideal holiday location. Ca'n Antuna is a very quirky and individual old house with a large garden, terraces and swimming pool, suited to able-bodied adults due to the steep stairs to the various levels in the house.
Mr Goldsmith – September 2016
We had a fabulous holiday in this very special and unique house. Loved the quirky décor and artwork. The pool area is great for lounging and enjoyed the spectacular view! Had a fantastic boat trip to Cala Tuent from Port Sóller – we loved this beach so drove back for a visit through stunning mountains – which we would really recommend. Also drove to Sant Elm and took a boat to Dragonera Island which is inhabited by lizards! What a fantastic holiday – would love to return.
The Hassan Family – August 2016
What a special part of the world. We loved Fornalutx and the mountains.
The Wesseldine Family – July 2016
My family had a delightful stay in this quaint villa and enjoyed the town of Fornalutx.
Gay, Lucinda, James & Angus – July 2016
The traditional accommodation secured via Simpson Travel was unlike anything we'd seen with other tour companies. In terms of character, location and privacy it was unique in our mind, which added to the overall enjoyment of our holiday.
Mr Imeson – June 2016
We have had a fabulous week in this charming and characterful old farmhouse. The weather has been fantastic and we have spent lots of time cooling off in the pool.
Sue & Stewart – June 2016
A superb week in an area we have visited before. The quirkiness of the villa really grows on you and we loved our time here. It’s been such a pleasure to have a delightful village and an excellent range of restaurants and eating places so close at hand – all within walking distance.
Jese & Elliott – June 2016
We returned to this wonderfully peaceful retreat in the most pretty mountain village for a second time and we were not disappointed. Glorious views from the house and beautiful mountain walks among the olive groves. A barbecue in the evening or a visit to a local restaurant rounded off the day perfectly.
Mrs Steward – April 2016
Ca'n Antuna is an old Mallorcan farmhouse and as such very atmospheric. It is well placed for walking in the lovely mountains and touring in Mallorca. Fornalutx is a lovely village and there are many good restaurants for evening meals.
Mr Garner – September 2015
It is an amazing property we loved it – picking fresh oranges to squeeze for breakfast, reading in the tranquil garden, magnificent walks from the doorstep, watching the red sun set on the mountains from a local restaurant, the coffee shop in the village square – it was all so difficult to leave!
Mrs Steward – April 2015
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Dating back to the 10th century, Sóller is a thriving town whose narrow winding streets are home to a cluster of colonial mansions leading to the bustling Plaça de la Constitució. Just a few kilometres away, Fornalutx is located deep in a spectacular valley in the heart of the Tramuntana Mountains. Widely regarded as the ‘prettiest village in Mallorca’, its distinctive architecture and enchanting vistas are popular with walkers, hikers, painters and photographers.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Fornalutx and Sóller, we are happy to offer a sumptuous handpicked villa to help you make the most of this timeless corner of Mallorca.
View holiday Booking Conditions