In this section...
- Stunning contemporary villa
- State-of-the-art design
- Heated swimming pool and sauna
- Exceptional countryside views
- 10-minute drive to UNESCO listed Assisi
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
Set amongst the verdant Umbrian hills, with views across to the UNESCO listed town of Assisi, Villa Vita has been expertly designed and lovingly crafted to sit in perfect harmony with its beautiful natural surroundings. Sophisticated contemporary interiors and luxury fittings showcase the owner’s immaculate sense of style, with modern artworks and a state-of-the-art kitchen adding to the elegant, high-end feel. The spacious accommodation is arranged around an attractive central courtyard, with plenty of open-plan living space, three sumptuous en-suite bedrooms and a wonderfully indulgent sauna and shower room. An integrated speaker system, operated from a portable touch pad, allows you to enjoy your choice of music throughout the property, so whether you prefer jazz in the kitchen and club classics by the pool (or even both at the same time!) you can set the perfect tone for your holiday.
The pale stone walls of Villa Vita appear to melt into the landscape, but it is up above the house that the true beauty of its clever design becomes apparent. Here, the exquisite gardens offer all the space and comfort you could wish for with plenty of inviting options to lie back and drink in the hypnotic views in this blissful spot. The owner’s exceptional eye for detail is evident in every choice, from the wonderful fragrant planting scheme to the architectural lighting and elegant table made from local ceramics - in itself a work of art. A wisteria-clad pergola shades the luxurious soft-seating and dining areas and the adjacent barbecue is perfect for easy alfresco entertaining. The heated pool, complete with massage jets, is everything you could wish for and the surrounding terrace is furnished for serious relaxation. But you’ll also find a table-tennis table if you fancy a little gentle exercise and there are bicycles for local exploration.
Villa Vita is an outstanding property in a very special place. One of the most important religious sites in Italy, Assisi is home to the magnificent Basilica di San Francesco, built in honour of Saint Francis who was born here at the end of the 12th century. It is easy to imagine the joy this gentle, peace-loving man took from the magnificent countryside around the town and an ancient woodland within walking distance of the villa now serves as a historical and spiritual reminder of his love of nature. Whether you enjoy the environs on foot as he did or make the short car journey into the centre of Assisi to explore the many monuments he inspired, you will be touched by the magical atmosphere, unique to this part of Italy. Many of Umbria’s other attractions are also easily accessible, including Spello, Perugia, Spoleto, Gubbio and Lake Trasimeno but however exciting your travels, you will always look forward to returning to the life-enhancing charms of Villa Vita.
- 3-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, French doors lead out to courtyard
- Master bedroom (can be configured into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room, French door leads out to courtyard
- 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Flat screen TV
- Integrated speaker system with portable touch pad
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, Simpson pool towels provided
- Laundry room
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private heated swimming pool 12 x 4m (depth 1m throughout), accessed by Roman steps
- Pool is located above the villa and accessible through a staircase from the courtyard and external steps on the side of the villa
- Chef service available upon request (payable locally)
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Assisi (shops, restaurants, cafés, supermarket) 9min drive
- Spello 20min drive
- Perugia 30min drive
- Spoleto 40min drive
- Montefalco 40min drive
- Gubbio 45min drive
- Orvieto 1hr 20min drive
- Rome Ciampino airport 2hr 15min drive
- Rome Fiumicino airport 2hr 20min drive
- Pisa airport 2hr 50min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Olive groves and vineyards, forests and flowers – there’s much to love about the abundant natural beauty of Umbria, and plenty of walking trails to help you explore it. The two most high-profile towns, Assisi and Perugia, have spiritual and cultural gravitas in equal measures, the former the erstwhile home of St Francis, who built his famous monastery there. And after a day of contemplation, in churches, galleries, museums and nature, the ‘green heart of Italy‘ will reward you with a generous feast and a glass or two of its famous wine.
To complete your Umbria holiday experience, visit our handpicked luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions