In this section...
- Charming restored stone house
- West coast with beautiful sunsets
- Bright and airy
- Lakka/tavernas/beach 5min drive
Olive Cottage is exactly the kind of property we love, a lovely blend of old and new in a convenient yet secluded location. Surrounded by some of the most picturesque olive groves on the island, it’s a neat combination of traditional Paxiot stone and charming, air-conditioned comfort.
Newly refurbished, Olive Cottage is bright and airy with a double height living room and simple white décor. There’s a nicely sheltered terrace in front, with views over the olive trees to the sea. This is a lovely spot to have breakfast and plan your walk for the day, laze away the afternoon with a book, or enjoy a drink and the nightly spectacle of a fiery Paxos sunset.
The cottage is just a five-minute drive from Lakka with its selection of tavernas and bars or you can walk down there in about 20 minutes (the return takes a little longer uphill). The area is ideal for exploring on foot, from the narrow lanes that meander directly by the cottage to the steep paths along the cliffs that make this coastline so dramatically photogenic, especially at sunset. And if you are visiting in high summer when it can feel too hot to walk far, there are many beaches for swimming and the pretty harbours of Loggos and Gaios all just 5 to 20 minutes’ drive away.
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Maximum capacity 2 adults/2 children
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, fridge-freezer, doors lead to terrace
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Washing machine
- Outside dining terrace with barbecue
- Twin beds (90cm x 195cm beds) with en-suite shower room (only suitable for children due to low ceilings)
- Air-conditioned from unit in living area below
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Outside dining terrace with barbecue
- Private swimming pool 4m x 7m (depth 1.05m – 1.4m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000403701
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Lakka 5min drive/20min walk (return uphill)
- Beach 5min drive plus 5min walk
- Loggos 12min drive
- Gaios and port 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Fiat New Panda 4x4 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D1 – Automatic Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Pretty villa with superb pool. Plenty of seating and outdoor shade.
Yet another winner from Simpson, Olive Cottage is just an absolute delight. We had stayed the previous year at Thymari, also within walking distance of Lakka and loved it there so much we wanted to return. Olive Cottage didn’t disappoint. It offered seclusion, excellent facilities, cleanliness and a great location. True, the 15 minute walk down to the harbour front and the plethora of fabulous restaurants was steep and the return up the hill a little challenging in the heat, but it was worth every step of the way. In over 40 years of holidaying abroad, this was the first time we have ever gone back a second time to one location. We are already planning our third trip next year. Lakka and Paxos are your archetypal Greek idyll and Olive Cottage the ideal place to enjoy it.
This lovely cottage is homely and there is a never-ending supply of sunsets like no other on the island. Walk right and you can wander through tranquil olive groves and chase butterflies. Walk left and you have a sunset beach and Lakka with its two beaches and you can take your pick for a traditional or more cosmopolitan evening. We have stayed in two other locations in Paxos before this one and honestly feel that Olive is the bees knees. Thank you.
Thank you to Simpsons holidays for one of our best holidays ever! All the stress of booking flights/transfers/cars was excellent and the welcome back was brilliant it showing us where we could go and the best beaches. We loved Paxos and Olive Cottage was beautifully decorated with very comfy beds and a wonderful view and pool. We wish we were still there!
It was our second visit to Olive Cottage, Paxos and we enjoyed another amazing holiday at this beautiful villa.
Olive Cottage has not disappointed. Its perfect setting and convenience for Lakka and beyond as been, as they say up north, Bob on! We have had the best time! Whether watching the amazing sunset from the terrace or sitting down by the harbour in Lakka watching the boats coming in and out again we have managed to switch off completely. Everyone and everything has been perfect, thank you all so much.
Our 4th stay in Olive cottage and we can't kick the habit. Why would you want to? This lovely cottage is homely and secluded and there is a never-ending supply of sunsets like nowhere else on the island. Walk right and you can wander through tranquil olive groves and chase butterflies, walk left and you have a sunset beach and Lakka. We have stayed in 2 other locations on Paxos before this discovery and honestly feel that Olive is the bees knees. Thank you Nikki and Simpson.
Olive Cottage is beautiful. It is in a beautiful, quiet part of Paxos. The location just outside Lakka is fantastic, it is an easy walk to the village and back.
Olive Cottage is really beautiful - peaceful and authentic but modern and clean too! Fabulous sunset views and the perfect place for a family of 4 with 2 young children. Close to Lakka which is very nice.
Yet again, Simpson have excelled. Our villa was stunning, information and help readily available but in a discreet and calm fashion. Literally nothing but praise for all those who helped to make another lovely holiday.
The villa accommodation is probably the best that we have ever had mainly because the renovation is new and that we had our own pool. View and location were also very good. And the villa was exactly as it appeared in the brochure/web site. Thank you.
Olive Cottage is in a perfect location, 15 minutes walk down to Lakka, a lovely pool and great sunset views.
Olive Cottage has a superb location for peace and quiet together with stunning sunsets. We appreciated the range of outside seating areas and gardens. It is well-designed and has good insect screening. The walk in to and back from Lakka is surprisingly easy and preferable to driving!
We were made to feel special from start to finish. Our villa was amazing, the whole holiday couldn't have been better. Well done team Simpson - a cut above the rest.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions