In this section...
- Charming restored stone house
- West coast with beautiful sunsets
- Bright and airy
- Lakka/tavernas/beach 5-minute drive
Olive Cottage is exactly the kind of property we love, a lovely blend of old and new in a convenient yet secluded location. Surrounded by some of the most picturesque olive groves on the island, it’s a neat combination of traditional Paxiot stone and charming, air-conditioned comfort.
Newly refurbished, Olive Cottage is bright and airy with a double height living room and simple white décor. There’s a nicely sheltered terrace in front, with views over the olive trees to the sea. This is a lovely spot to have breakfast and plan your walk for the day, laze away the afternoon with a book, or enjoy a drink and the nightly spectacle of a fiery Paxos sunset.
The cottage is just a five-minute drive from Lakka with its selection of tavernas and bars or you can walk down there in about 20 minutes (the return takes a little longer uphill). The area is ideal for exploring on foot, from the narrow lanes that meander directly by the cottage to the steep paths along the cliffs that make this coastline so dramatically photogenic, especially at sunset. And if you are visiting in high summer when it can feel too hot to walk far, there are many beaches for swimming and the pretty harbours of Loggos and Gaios all just 5 to 20 minutes’ drive away.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Maximum capacity 2 adults/2 children
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, fridge-freezer; leads to terrace
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Washing machine
- Outside dining terrace from kitchen with barbecue
- Twin beds (90cm x 195cm beds) with en-suite shower room (only suitable for children due to low ceilings)
- Air-conditioned from unit in living area below
- Complimentary wifi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outside dining terrace with barbecue
- Private swimming pool 7m x 4m (depth 1.05m – 1.4m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000403701
- Lakka 5min drive/20min walk (return uphill)
- Beach 5min drive plus 5min walk
- Loggos 12min drive
- Gaios and port 20min drive
- Transfer Corfu airport to Paxos by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Olive Cottage is beautiful. It is in a beautiful, quiet part of Paxos. The location just outside Lakka is fantastic; it is an easy walk to the village and back.
Clare – August 2019
We adored our stay – first time in Paxos and we are smitten.
Lorna & Paul – July 2019
Lovely, lovely Paxos and Olive Cottage is a gem. So happy here.
Susan & Jonathan – July 2019
First time on Paxos. A fabulous sty and loved Olive Cottage! We will be back.
Sally, Peter, Joshua & Isobel – May 2019
Yet again, Simpson Travel has excelled. Olive Cottage was stunning and information and help were readily available, but in a discreet and calm fashion. We have literally nothing but praise for all those who helped to make another lovely holiday.
Mr Cannell – July 2018
The villa accommodation is probably the best that we have ever had mainly because the renovation is new and that we had our own pool. We often have to take a larger property just to get a private pool. View and location were also very good. And the villa was exactly as it appeared on the website. Thank you.
Mr Entwistle – October 2017
Olive Cottage is in a perfect location, 15-minute walk down to Lakka, a lovely pool and great sunset views.
Mr Davies – August 2017
Olive Cottage is a beautiful house recently renovated which offers the same comfort as a 4-star hotel. Impeccable cleaning service and lovely friendly Simpson Travel representatives ready to help in any way they can. Lakka is a short drive away – lots of really nice Greek restaurants. Also, there are several tiny supermarkets for all the grocery shopping as well as a good butcher. Everything to prepare a good barbecue when the sun goes down. Highly recommended to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxed family holiday.
Mrs Calvo-Bossard – August 2017
Olive Cottage has a superb location for peace and quiet together with stunning sunsets. We appreciated the range of outside seating areas and gardens. It is well-designed and has good insect screening. The walk to and from Lakka is surprisingly easy and preferable to driving!
Andrew & Gill Firman – July 2017
We were made to feel special from start to finish. Our villa was amazing, the whole holiday couldn't have been better. Well done Simpson Travel – a cut above the rest.
Ms Bendix – June 2017
Our first trip to Paxos and first-time Simpson Travel clients. Olive Cottage is just gorgeous...peace and beauty but walkable to Lakka. Also positioned that you have an incredible sunset view every evening. Beautiful countryside walks on the doorstep too if that's your thing. Kate, the rep in Paxos, is really lovely. Came by for an hour and answered all our questions, made recommendations that were all spot on. We cannot wait to return! Thank you all at Simpson Travel for a glorious week in our own little piece of paradise.
Gail and Tim Mrs Rhodes – July 2016
Lovely villas in beautiful locations, excellent service combined with extremely knowledgeable and helpful reps. Simpson Travel is hard to beat on pretty much every level.
Mr Doidge – September 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions