In this section...
- Stunning sea views
- Walking distance to Spilia Beach
- Modern interiors
- Close to Spartachori and tavernas
The bliss of Meganissi is its understated luxury – pristine pebble coves, blue seas and villages peeking out from behind terracotta pots of flowers; Spilia Bay House captures its essence perfectly.
The contemporary living spaces are peaceful echoes of the great outdoors: exposed stone walls, white-painted furniture and splashes of turquoise, with large windows letting in the light and making the views an inside meets outside affair.
From the balcony connecting the two bedrooms, the spacious terrace and the private infinity pool, you can see Spilia Bay below, just 150m away. When the mood takes you (or you’d like a little exercise), you can walk down the steps from your villa and along the road to enjoy those pale sands in person, along with the beach bar, restaurant and sunbeds you’ll find there.
Spartachori is the nearest village, along the road to the left of Spilia Bay and built around a natural port. Surrounded by pine forests, it’s a great spot for walking, shaded from the sun, and long lunches in one of the friendly tavernas.
There are 91 steps down to the villa from where you park the car and 171 steps from the villa down to the small road that leads to the beach. There are also drops in the garden. As a result, Spilia Bay House is not suitable for those with mobility problems or for children under ten.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 4)
- Open plan living/kitchen area with TV
- Kitchen includes microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Sliding doors lead to balcony and terrace
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room; Sliding doors lead to balcony
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room; Sliding doors lead to balcony and pool terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Washing machine (twin bedroom shower room)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Private infinity swimming pool 9m x 4m (depth 0.8-1.35m)
- There are 91 steps down to the villa from where you park the car and 171 steps from the villa down to the small road that leads to the beach. There are also drops in the garden. As a result, Spilia Bay House is not suitable for those with mobility problems or for children under ten.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000531001
- Spilia beach 150m with 171 steps 4min walk
- Spartachori shops/tavernas 20min walk or 5min drive
- Vathy 10min drive
- Nidri on Lefkada 40mins boat from Spilia or Vathi
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroën C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Booking the holiday was very easy, the pre-departure team very efficient. The villa lived up to everything we expected and more. Rebecca, the rep on the island, was very good. In all a great experience. Absolutely loved it!
Mr Keating – October 2017
We loved the villa – a splendid location and setting, and the quality of furnishing and fittings was outstanding. The Simpson Travel experience was extremely efficient and well run – from the pre-departure organisation, to the arrival at the villa – seamless transfers, friendly staff, comfortable transport – in a word, a really amazing experience.
Ms Pelteret – September 2017
Spillia Bay House is simply the best spot on the gorgeous unspoiled island of Meganissi. What a view! We could hardly stir ourselves from watching the comings and goings of the bay below from the fantastic pool. The beautiful villa was contemporary with clean lines and everything had been thought of for our comfort and enjoyment, it provided a cool sanctuary after a day's sightseeing. Having the beach only a walk away meant that we could maximise our days. The local rep was a mine of useful information anticipating or responding to our every need. The locals are so friendly and English widely spoken. We almost don't want to let anyone else in on this secret as we would like to keep this slice of Ionian heaven all for ourselves.
Mrs Price – August 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
View holiday Booking Conditions