In this section...
- Romantic suite with large terrace
- Beautiful sea views
- Gentle stroll to the sea
- Fiskardo 8-minute walk
- Private taxi transfers included
The wonderfully situated Penelope Suite has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Simple furnishings are brought to life with some lovely imaginative touches giving it a real home-from-home charm. Doors from the living area lead out onto the glorious private terrace with its spectacular views across the water to Ithaca, legendary home of Odysseus. There is plenty of room to lie back and dream of the Greek Gods or to sit and enjoy a leisurely lunch or romantic dinner under the stars. The beautiful gardens surrounding Penelope Suite, shared with Manona Suite above, are brimming with colour; bougainvillea, plumbago and geranium tumble into one another, all lovingly tended by the owner, giving the place an authentically Kefalonian feel.
But the real beauty of the Penelope Suite is its proximity to the pretty fishing village of Fiskardo, with its tempting array of shops, bars and waterfront tavernas, just an 8-minute walk away. Swimming and snorkelling are possible from the rocky shoreline close to the suite; or wander along to enchanting Foki beach, just a 10-minute stroll away, where this idyllic spot is fringed with olive trees and cypress. With so much on your doorstep and the possibility to hire a boat and explore the numerous coves that are a feature of the coastline here, there is no need for a car and Penelope Suite is the perfect base from which to enjoy the delights of this splendid location.
- 1 bedroom apartment (sleeps 2)
- Perfect for a mixed generation or two couples holiday if rented alongside Manona Suite located on the first floor
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channel)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, swimming and bath towels provided
- Outside shaded dining area
- Under 12s not permitted
- Steep driveway up to accommodation (unsuitable for guests with limited mobility)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking e-mails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Fiscardo Tavernas/Shops 8min walk
- Beach (Foki) 10min walk
- Argostoli Airport 1hr 30min drive
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Densely forested hills dotted with traditional hamlets and a coastline of small, quiet coves combine to make Kefalonia an unspoilt Greek holiday delight. Its northeastern tip shelters an easily overlooked gem in Fiskardo, whose 18th-century houses stand proud with their flower-festooned balconies and carved doors. South Kefalonia tells a different story, quieter and more traditional, with tranquil villages and beautiful beaches, as well as Skala and Argostoli with its harbour bars and restaurants.
View holiday Booking Conditions