In this section...
- Simply Simpson
- Beautiful views to Kefalonia
- West facing terrace
- Private path 2-minute stroll to the beach
- 5-minute drive to Stavros village
Nestled on the lush green hillside, just a stone’s throw from Polis Beach this charming 1-bedroom house is perfect for a romantic escape on the beautiful island of Ithaca. The westerly aspect ensures captivating sunsets and inspiring views across the sea to Kefalonia from the private terrace and when the water calls, a footpath from the house leads directly down to the beach. Here, you’ll find a kantina serving delicious, simple fare throughout the day and sunbeds for hire should you wish to stretch out and watch the boats bobbing back and forth across the bay.
The accommodation is spacious, well laid out and comfortable and though Rhodia Beach Villa is one of a collection of three villas overlooking Polis Bay, it enjoys a good degree of privacy with everything needed for a relaxing break on this magical island. The traditional village of Stavros on the hill is a 5-minute drive or 25-minute walk away - perfect for everyday essentials and a small selection of tavernas. Charming Frikes by the water is a further 10-minute drive and offers a wider variety of dining options. Self-drive boat hire is readily available for exploring the island from the sea and back on terra firma our Local Concierge can advise on guided walks and art workshops which can be arranged on request.
Rhodia Beach Villa shares a driveway with Lemonia Beach Villa and Elia Beach Villa. The houses are independent and perfectly suited to private bookings but collectively, they also work well for multi-generational gatherings or groups of friends travelling together.
- 1-bedroom house (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV/DVD player (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Air conditioning throughout
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel beach towels
- Charcoal barbecue
- Shared driveway
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0457K91000426001
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Beach 2min walk down private path from the villa
- Kantina 2min walk (Beach)
- Stavros village (shops/bakery/butcher/ATM/chemist) 5min drive or 25min walk uphill
- Frikes 10min drive
- Kioni 20min drive
- Vathy 30min drive
- Piso Aetos port 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions