In this section...
- Simply Simpson
- Traditional Ithacan house
- Spectacular views
- 3-minute walk to beach
- 10-minute walk to tavernas
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - quite literally if you are lucky enough to be staying at Nitsa’s House. This charming single-storey villa enjoys such breathtaking views across the Ionian to Meganissi and the mountains of northern Greece, that it’s easy to imagine why Odysseus might have undertaken an epic ten-year battle to return to these waters. Though Nitsa’s House, named after the daughter of the family who originally owned it, wasn’t around in ancient times, this magical spot has a timelessness that’s utterly captivating.
There’s an appealing simplicity about this unpretentious little house, just a few metres above the idyllic cove of Kouvoulia. The open plan living space and en-suite bedrooms (one double and one twin) all have doors opening out onto the terrace, ensuring everyone enjoys the same connection with the beautiful surroundings, and creating an easy flow for a relaxed and comfortable escape. Alfresco dining is a joy here but when you’re of a mind to let someone else do the catering, delightful Frikes is just a 10-minute stroll around the headland, boasting some excellent harbourside tavernas, coffee shops and bars. There’s also a well-stocked mini-market, bakery and a couple of gift shops here and for an equally appealing change of scene, the picturesque harbour in Kioni is just a 15-minute drive away.
But ultimately, it’s the sea that will call you away from Nitsa’s House. The gentle sound of the waves lapping against the shore beneath will prove irresistable time and again and a 3-minute stroll is all it takes to bathe in Ithaca’s mythical waters. For snorkelling it’s a dream - and if your day starts early, a dip at sunrise is unbeatable.
- 2 bedroom house (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (100cms x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Charcoal barbecue
- Parking space below the house
- The property has WiFi connection and can support basic functions such as web browsing and checking of e-mails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control the signal may be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0457K91000423801
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Beach 3min walk
- Frikes 10min walk or 3min drive
- Stavros village 10min drive
- Kioni 15min drive
- Vathy 35min drive
- Piso Aetos port 35min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Nitsa's house in Ithaca was lovely; stunning views over the sea and Frikes port a 5-minute walk away. Accommodation of the highest standard and everything prepared to make us comfortable.
Carole Lee – June 2021
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions