In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Panoramic sea views
- Private infinity pool
- Mochlos 5min drive
Leaving the main thoroughfare connecting Heraklion to the east of the island, a winding road transports you down to the coast; a picturesque descent through a rural Mediterranean landscape that remains unspoilt by large tourist developments and retains its uniquely Cretan feel. And here, nestled into the hillside and commanding outstanding views across the coastline, you’ll find our stylish contemporary villa, comfortably appointed for relaxed holiday living both inside and out.
The smart open-plan living area has sliding doors on dual aspects, creating a lovely flow between the cool interiors and panoramic terrace where there’s plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy the spectacular vista. Lazy breakfasts and long lunches can be enjoyed in the shade of the wooden pergola, with the infinity pool close by for a refreshing dip when the going gets hot. Hydro massage jets add to the enjoyment and relaxation here, strategically placed in the water to ensure your eyes are drawn across the clear blue yonder as they work their magic.
Evenings at the villa are a delight and as the sun sinks behind the mountains, the little lights around the harbour twinkle into view. Head down for a drink and a bite by the water’s edge, where you’ll find a surprisingly upmarket selection of cafés and tavernas wrapped around the little beach. Unpretentious and characterful, Mochlos offers a taste of Greece from days gone by and you’ll find a convivial vibe amongst the colourful array of tables and chairs that line the waterfront.
A blissfully unhurried pace and a warm welcome define life in this charming enclave and though access to the sea is easy, the unique informality and appeal of Mochlos perhaps stem from the fact that the beach is not the main event. Its atmosphere is nourished by the people, the food and the quietly bohemian ambience that set it apart.
Facing the village, a small island with a big history is an easy and enticing destination for swimmers and though the presence of Minoan ruins make it an archaeological site of some significance, it rarely plays host to more than one or two visitors at a time. While away your days here or venture out to discover the magic of eastern Crete, a region with a unique identity, and the least visited part of the island.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 6)
- Open-plan living/dining room/kitchen with satellite TV and doors to terrace
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom with doors to terrace
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room/WC
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room/WC
- Door to balcony/upper terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private infinity swimming pool 6.5m x 4.5m (depth 1.5m) with hydromassage jets at one end
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1215192
- Beach (Mochlos) 5min drive
- Tavernas/shops (Mochlos) 5min drive
- Agios Nikolaos 45min drive
- Sitia 1hr drive
- Heraklion Airport 1hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D2, Hyundai i30 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The road from north to south Crete takes you on an inspiring journey from the exclusivity of Elounda and the elegance of lakeside Agios Nikolaos into a rugged landscape harbouring the soul food of a simpler life. From gorges and caves to the mountain communities of the beautiful Lasithi Plateau – and then on to the romantically unspoilt beaches and homely tavernas of Myrtos, Makrigialos and Ferma in the south – this is Crete at its most warmly welcoming, without artifice, where you’re a guest and never a tourist.
Discover it for yourself from a handpicked villa in The Gulf of Mirabello & South East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions