In this section...
- Eight luxury private villas with infinity pools
- One, two or three bedrooms
- Contemporary and stylish interiors
- Heated pools available
- Close to Gramvousa and Balos Bay
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
If you’ve ever read the travel pages and been stopped in your tracks by an image of Crete so utterly spectacular you feel the picture editor must have overworked the photoshop, the chances are it’s Balos Bay and no filters have been applied. At the north west tip of the island, this iconic spot offers a heady spectacle of dramatic contrasts; pink-hued rock plummets steeply towards indigo sea, defined by a vast sweep of sand stretching across the water towards Gramvousa island like a band of gold. To have found a selection of luxury villas in this part of the island is exciting; to know just how much attention to detail has gone into their creation is joyous.
The eight private villas that make up The Kissamos Estate exude luxury and quality, with innovative contemporary design that both respects the beauty of the natural environment and somehow adds to it too. A great deal of time and thought has gone into the layout to ensure each property enjoys uninterrupted views towards the sea with a good degree of privacy, and the geometry of the villas, pathways and exquisitely planted grounds have all been considered, creating a blissful sense of harmony.
Just for two, Abyss is a wonderfully romantic choice while the six two-bedroom villas work equally well for couples and families, offering spacious accommodation where all bedrooms are en-suite. Many can be adapted to offer either double or twin beds and most have direct access onto a balcony or terrace, allowing everyone the freedom to set their own agenda for relaxation. Interiors are bathed in light, accentuating the immaculate décor and each villa retains a strong connection with the remarkable Cretan landscape thanks to the strategic placement of picture windows which draw the outside in at every turn.
Spacious dining areas, shaded by elegant pergolas sit on pale stone terraces and each villa boasts a private infinity pool to complete the picture. Some pools can be heated and larger groups will enjoy Thalassa, with its three en-suite bedrooms and flexible layout but there’s the option to book multiple villas too, for those seeking greater independence.
The surrounding area has much to offer, both for those who like to explore and those who like to keep their excursions close to home. From the unpretentious tavernas lining the waterfront in Kissamos to the unearthly beauty of a west coast sunset at Falasarna, there are beaches to suit all tastes and whether you chose the hair-raising mountain road to Balos Bay, or take one of the local ferries, it’s an experience like no other.
Cretan hospitality is legendary and there are some excellent restaurants close by, including very special Gramvousa in Kaliviani, just a five-minute drive from the estate. This is a place to savour the sheer quality of the ingredients, many of which are produced in their own magnificent vegetable garden. And if you fancy trying your hand at some of the local dishes yourself, why not order an Organic Vegetable Box to be delivered to your villa? Your concierge at The Kissamos Estate will be happy to help with this and other arrangements, including a meal delivery service, massage therapies in the estate’s treatment room, outings and local recommendations.
Eight 1-3 bedroom villas (for details and images of individual properties please open Villas tab):
- Abyss – 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Charisma – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Plethora – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Harmony – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Symphony – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Oneiro – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Anassa – 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Thalassa – 3-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- In-house laundry facilities
- Outside dining
- All villas have private infinity swimming pools
- Pool heating available in Charisma, Symphony, Anassa and Thalassa at a supplement of €420 euro per week and must be requested in advance; a pool cover can be provided to achieve best results
- Meal delivery service
- Organic vegetable box delivery service
- Treatment room offering massage and facials (payable locally)
- Housekeeping/cleaning every other day (except Sunday) with linen and towel change twice weekly
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking
All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): MHTE1042K91002953301MHTE1042K91002953201
- Tavernas/restaurants 5min drive
- Shops 10min drive (Kissamos)
- Local beaches 10min drive
- Falasarna Beach 20min drive
- Chania 45min drive
- Chania Airport 1 hour
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D2, Hyundai i30 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Kissamos Estate may be new to Simpson Travel in 2022, but it has all the hallmarks of a classic Simpson destination - top quality accommodation in a fantastic location. We stayed in Villa Anassa, which was beautifully designed in and out - the space outside taking full advantage of the sun throughout the day. The seating area outside and pool were wonderful - looking down over the terraces of olive trees to the bay, flanked on either side by the two great peninsulas of Western Crete. Easy to get to from Chania (and no crazy unmade roads), with shops within walking distance, it is also a fantastic base for exploring this part of the island - from Balos beach to Milias in the mountains. Icing on the cake is that you can order dinner and even breakfast delivered to your door direct from local restaurants! We will definitely be back.
Paul Killen, April 2022
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The soaring White Mountains, known in Greek as the Lefka Ori, are at the heart of West Crete’s dramatically beautiful landscape and the villages in their foothills offer traditional Cretan fare in glorious abundance – that’s if Chania’s twinkling harbour lights and waterfront dining don’t entice you first. Spring brings an abundance of flowers, turning hiking trails and gorges into welcome destinations for walkers, and in summer, the many beaches offer sun worshippers a choice of scenic locations to spread their towels.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Crete
View holiday Booking Conditions