In this section...
- Stunning contemporary house
- Bright, modern décor
- Large enclosed garden
- Heated swimming pool
- Close to Hossegor, lake and beaches
This outstanding property offers stylish contemporary living, just a five-minute stroll from the sandy shores of Hossegor’s popular lagoon. Tucked away amongst the pine trees in a residential part of the town, the villa benefits from a large enclosed garden with beautifully manicured lawns and plenty of room to spread your wings whilst enjoying the attractively landscaped setting.
The exquisite design of Casa Duna is equally appealing to couples and families and the adaptable layout means it is well-suited to the differing needs of a small group travelling together. There are two comfortable en-suite bedrooms on the ground level, whilst an external staircase leads to a third bedroom suite, enjoying its own gloriously sunny terrace and magical views across the gardens. The bright, modern décor strikes the perfect balance between state-of-the-art chic and classic luxury, and a wall of windows in the open-plan living area affords a lovely sense of flow between elegant interiors and the stylish pool terrace and garden beyond. Outdoor living at Casa Duna is a real pleasure too, with a barbecue for al fresco cooking and a shaded pergola providing a charming spot for leisurely lunches and candlelit dinners.
The local area
Perfectly situated a short stroll from the warm waters of the lagoon and its laid-back bars and oyster shacks, Casa Duna offers easy access to all the joys of Hossegor and the surrounding area. Whether you choose a 20-25 minute walk to the centre of town to explore the trendy boutiques and excellent restaurants, or a short cycle ride (2.5km) to the ocean for some surfing and beach games, there is plenty to do right on your doorstep. There is golf in nearby Seignosse and Capbreton, with its bustling daily fish market and marina restaurants, offers an authentically French seaside experience where you can enjoy the catch of the day alongside the locals.
The charming city of Bayonne, famed for its fine chocolate and cured hams, is a half-hour drive away whilst world renowned Biarritz lies a little further south; offering an intoxicating blend of Belle Époque glamour, elegant eateries and fashionable shops. The picture postcard hillside villages of the Basque Country give an insight into the area’s rich cultural heritage and a visit to the pretty fishing port of St-Jean-de-Luz, the culinary capital of the region, is sure to delight, with its family-friendly beaches and historic town centre. A short ferry ride from Hendaye will take you to the atmospheric coastal town of Hondarrabia in Spain; or you can drive across the border to enjoy tapas in San Sebastian or at the Guggenheim in Bilbao. For nature lovers, the peaceful wetland reserve Marais d’Orx, with its high-sided wooden walkways, is a safe-haven for families with little ones; or further afield, children will love the funicular train rides at Ascain and Artouste in The Pyrénées National Park. Older children will love the thrills and spills of the Seignosse and Labenne-Océan waterparks.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with flat screen TV
- Fully-equipped kitchen with oven, hob, coffee-maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Two sets of sliding doors open onto pool terrace
- Double bedroom (180cm queen-size bed, can be converted into twin beds on request) with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (180cm bed, can be converted into twin beds on request) with en-suite bathroom
Annexe (external access via staircase)
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room, private decked terrace
- The annexe is accessed via a roof terrace with exposed drops on all sides (room not suitable for children of any age)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Cot and highchair available
- Pool terrace with built-in summer living area
- Partially covered outdoor dining area
- Private heated swimming pool 10m x 4m (depth 1.3m throughout), hard pool cover, heated late May to September
- Covered parking space
- Smoking is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- Casa Duna is close to one of the forest roads linking Hossegor Lake to Soorts-Hossegor, some light traffic is audible but not intrusive
- Nearby activities include surfing, body-boarding, paddle-boarding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse riding, birdwatching, fishing, pelote basque, aqua parc
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of one week or more
Optional services offered
- Cook (pre-booking essential)
- Additional housekeeping
- Pre-arrival shopping
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 605km
- TGV station
- Restaurant (Lake Hossegor) 8min walk (600m)
- Restaurants/shops/bakery (Hossegor) 20min walk or 4min drive (1.5km)
- Beach (Hossegor) 6min drive (3km)
- Waterpark 10min drive (5km)
- Biarritz 40min drive (40km)
We had a lovely, enjoyable holiday with the family at Casa Duna. The location was ideal, giving peace and space and easily accessible to the town, lake and beach.We hired bikes rather than a car which worked perfectly for us. We will be back!
Helen Griffee, June 2022
We had a marvellous two weeks enjoying the villa, the setting and the resort. The only drawback is a bit of road noise, but largely compensated by a beautiful setting and garden as well as easy access to the lake, ocean beaches, restaurants and town centre. Highly recommended!
Mr & Mrs Montefiore – July 2019
We had great stay at Casa Duna, villa brand new, it’s even better than on the website pictures, pool area is amazing and we stayed there big part of our time! Also, we loved Aquitaine more than any part of France and plan to return next summer. Thank you Simpson for perfect two weeks!
Mrs Neverova – June 2019
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions