In this section...
- Delightful cottage with superb views
- Recently renovated
- Mature, flower-filled garden
- Terrace for sun and shade
- Easy access to Gaios and beaches
- Ideal for a couple or small family
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Sweet houses with superb views are something that Paxos excels at, and Myrtle Cottage is a classic example of this style, perched on a hillside overlooking Paxos countryside with the mesmerising blue of the Ionian Sea beyond. It’s a very inviting spot for a couple, encircled by a mature, flower-filled garden, with plenty of terrace space for an afternoon lost in a novel or a romantic dinner beneath the stars.
This pretty home has recently been completely refurbished. The interiors are spacious and light-filled thanks to glass doors on two sides, with shady verandahs to moderate the heat of high summer, plus air-conditioning in the bedrooms to ensure a comfortable night. Nautical colours and sun-bleached wood lend a timeless air that’s perfectly Paxos, and should you feel like taking to the waves, boat hire is conveniently available from nearby Gaios. The island’s diminutive capital is superbly photogenic, with colourful waterfront buildings wrapped around a buzzy little harbour and enough cafés and tavernas to allow for a bit of variety over the course of a week or two. There are several beaches within a few minutes’ drive, the closest being Kaki Legada, which has sunbeds and a snack bar during the main season.
Myrtle Cottage is fully detached and enjoys a good level of privacy thanks to the gardens and positioning of the terraces, making it equally suitable for a small family.
- 2-bedroom house (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living room/kitchen/diner with access to terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom (160cm x 190cm bed) with shared shower room and access to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 190cm beds) with shared shower room
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board
- Greek TV with one English news channel
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Washing machine
- Terrace with covered dining area
- Private swimming pool 4m x 8m
- Mature garden with sea views
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10000265401
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Local taverna 15min walk (open high season only)
- Gaios 5min drive
- Beach 5min drive
- Loggos 15min drive
- Lakka 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C1 – Fiat New Panda 4x4 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D1 – Automatic Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We absolutely loved Myrtle Cottage and the Simpson experience. We will certainly be travelling with the company again. Thank you all at Simpson Travel.
This was our first time to this beautiful island and spent two weeks in the charming Myrtle Cottage with its magnificent views. We hired a boat to Anti Paxos, a birthday brunch at Spiros and evening dinner at Averto. In Gaios we enjoyed Mambo and Vassilis in Loggos. Roxy Bar for a cocktail and Nionios is a must in the general square at Lakka – the trip to the kitchen is memorable! Levrechio Beach and Ben‘s Bar are good beaches and restaurants. Thank you Simpson – great service! We loved Myrtle.
Myrtle Cottage was just perfect. Elegant, light and airy with everything we needed. We loved the views and the delightful garden, which smelled divine.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions