In this section...
- Luxury Partner Hotel
- Magnificent sea views from all suites
- Private terraces with pool, plunge pool or jacuzzi
- Walking distance to beach
- 10min walk to Vathy
- Flexible stays available (minimum 3 nights)
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Just beyond the private island of Skorpios, where Jacqui Kennedy famously married Aristotle Onassis in 1968, and only a short hop across the water from Lefkada, Meganissi is an astonishingly beautiful setting for a discretely glamorous getaway. And if astonishing beauty and a touch of glamour are what you’re after, you’ll be hard pushed to beat the Azur Retreat, our chic, contemporary Partner Hotel overlooking the dazzling waters of Vathy Bay.
Set into the hillside above the little coast road that meanders from Spartochori to Vathy, each stunning contemporary suite is stylishly appointed, offering uninterrupted sea views from its own private terrace complete with pool, plunge pool or jacuzzi. Striking design and attention to detail elevate the experience beyond the everyday, combined with the consummate service of a high-end boutique hotel. Blissfully romantic for couples, all suites have sumptuous king-size beds, generous living space and bathrooms stocked with an indulgent selection of Jo Malone toiletries; Azur Suites can also accommodate two extra single beds for a sophisticated family break.
Attractively landscaped pathways and terraces connect the hotel suites to the communal areas, which include a magnificent infinity pool and delightful restaurant and bar serving drinks and snacks on the terrace throughout the day. Daily breakfast is served here until 11am and in the evenings the hotel’s celebrated chef prepares a mouth-watering array of innovative dishes with his unique take on the flavours of Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Enjoying a meal in such elegant and intimate surroundings overlooking the water is a privilege in itself, but as a decadent alternative, room service is available from 11am to 11pm for those who prefer to take in the spectacle from the privacy of their terrace.
When a little extra pampering is required, guests are welcome to use the sauna and steam room and the hotel spa offers a range of relaxing treatments to melt away the last vestiges of the life you’ve left behind. For wellness with a view, the hotel gym is a tranquil haven overlooking the brilliant blue Ionian water and the hotel concierge will be happy to arrange a personal trainer or yoga instruction, subject to availability.
A five-minute walk from the hotel leads to the local beach or the lovely harbour in Vathy with its pretty waterfront tavernas and bars; though it’s a sleepy place at heart, the ebb and flow of splendid yachts and cruisers has ensured the dining options here are excellent. Slightly further afield, Spartochori sits high above Spilia Bay and is home to a couple of lovely traditional tavernas but elsewhere, Meganissi remains as untouched a place as you could hope to find, and life goes on as it has done for centuries. Whether you chose to explore the numerous beaches and hidden coves on foot, by car, or by boat, uncovering its secrets is a joy and a stay at the Azur Retreat is the icing on the cake.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada and Meganissi
- Level 2, 3 or 4 - Azur Suites; 32 to 34m2 (sleep 2-4) with private pool
- Level 4 - Lazuline Suites; 30m2 (sleep 2) with mini pool
- Level 5 - Sapphire Suites; 34m2 (sleep 2) with Jacuzzi
- Reception and concierge services
- A la carte breakfast included - served 8am to 11am daily
- Selection of Jo Malone toiletries in all suites
- Bar and restaurant serving drinks and snacks throughout the day
- Dinner served 7pm to 11pm daily (payable locally)
- Housekeeping twice daily
- Nespresso machine in all bedrooms
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hotel pool towels provided
- Spa open 10am to 7pm with selection of treatments available (payable locally)
- Yoga sessions and personal trainer available (payable locally)
- Steam room and sauna
- Boat rental (payable locally)
- Shared swimming pool
Please note: due to the number of steps, Azur Retreat is unsuitable for those with mobility issues.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT):
- Beach 5min walk
- Vathy 10min walk
- Spartochori 15min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30min)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas on Meganissi.
View holiday Booking Conditions