In this section...
- Spacious contemporary villa
- Idyllic mainland setting overlooking Kalamos & Kastos
- 5mins walk to the beach
- Use of private jetty
- 5min drive to Vathiavali Beach Club
- 45min drive to Lefkada Town
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
In a coveted position on the Greek mainland, Varko Villa – Hermes enjoys breathtaking views across the Ionian Sea towards the enchanting islands of Kalamos, Meganissi, and Lefkada. Embraced by the natural beauty and tranquility of its immediate surroundings, this single-storey haven promises contemporary luxury in an unspoiled setting, inviting you to indulge in a slower pace of life, just a leisurely stroll away from a spectacular shingle beach.
Hermes, a two-bedroom gem among three meticulously designed villas overlooking Varko Bay, serves as an ideal retreat for smaller families or couples seeking a relaxing escape. The villa's stylish open-plan living area and elegantly appointed bedrooms are bright and airy, effortlessly blending the boundaries between inside and out. The meticulously kept gardens offer ample space to recline and savour the uniqueness of this spot and for those traveling with friends, neighbouring Afroditi and Apollo serve as perfect companion villas – not too close for comfort and ensuring everyone enjoys the privacy they desire.
Whether you immerse yourself in this peaceful haven or set out to explore the wider region – there is plenty to recommend a stay at Hermes. Varko's inviting beach and crystal-clear waters are irresistible to snorkellers and a private jetty stands ready for those eager to explore the azure waters by boat. Set off for lunch on Meganissi or Lefkada, venture a little further to the enchanting islands of Kalamos and Kastos, or simply explore the pretty inlets of the mainland coast.
A 10-minute drive from Hermes, the charming village of Pogonia awaits with its two traditional tavernas and a kafeneio – an idyllic spot to savour some regional delights and experience the warm embrace of the locals. Extend your exploration a bit further, and within six or seven minutes, you'll find yourself in Palairos, a coastal town in Greece's Etoloakarnania region. Here, an abundance of bars, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and well-stocked supermarkets offer a livelier alternative and nearby, history enthusiasts can explore the Mycenaean ruins of Ancient Palairos, adding a rich level of insight into the heritage of the area.
We are thrilled to introduce this sophisticated villa to our programme, just a 45-minute drive from Lefkada Town. Hermes not only unveils a new and exciting part of the mainland for Simpson clients but also provides easy access to the well-established and ever-popular islands of Lefkada and Meganissi. This is your chance to experience the joy of an enchanting oasis, where contemporary luxury meets the timeless charm of the Greek coastline.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/living area; leads to garden and terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge-freezer, oven, hob, Espresso machine
- Living area includes Smart TV
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds that an be made as a double) with en-suite shower room with WC; leads to terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Cleaning and linen change on Sunday and Wednesday
- Electric barbecue
- Outdoor dining area with shade
- Chlorine swimming pool 7.5m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m)
- Parking area and garden shared with neighbouring villas
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence application (EOT): 1227869
- Beaches: Varko beach 5min walk, Vathiavali beach 30min walk/5min drive, Agios Ioannis beach 40min walk/6min drive, Potamaki beach 12min drive
- Vathiavali beach club 5min drive
- Taverna and mini market in Pogonia 8min drive
- Supermarket 16min drive
- Palairos 20min drive
- Preveza airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular kids' clubs.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions