In this section...
- Beautifully renovated house
- Characterful interiors
- Gentle stroll to shops and tavernas
- Perfect for large groups
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
Set on the outskirts of the charming village of Stavros in northern Ithaca, this beautifully refurbished home is a very special find. Lovingly decorated, the house has plenty of character and some wonderfully quirky touches and the interiors feel bright and welcoming, with stylish bathrooms and a contemporary kitchen tying the old and new together to tasteful effect.
Approached off one of the cobbled village streets, the main entrance to the house is on the upper level where four of the bedrooms are located and there are stairs down to the open plan kitchen and living area which leads out onto a wonderfully private courtyard, with covered dining terrace. This is a fabulous spot for entertaining, with steps leading to the pool terrace when you want to stretch out in the heat of the sun or enjoy a cooling dip. An annexe with double bedroom and en-suite shower room gives the house great flexibility for larger groups and the unique location and versatile design mean it is well suited to families with older children or friends travelling together, though we do not allow children under 7 years because of the steps.
Stavros itself is an authentic and appealing village with a good choice of tavernas just a couple of minutes’ walk from the door. The popular beach in Polis is only a five-minute drive down the road and the lovely fishing villages of Frikes and Kioni are both easily accessible by car in less than ten. A village house of such sophistication is a rare find in Ithaca and offers a unique opportunity for guests to immerse themselves in island life and feel part of a Greek community, whilst enjoying the luxury of a high-end villa in close proximity to the beach.
- 5-bedroom villa (sleeps 8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV and doors leading to dining terrace
- Kitchen includes full oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Wine cellar
- Annexe with double bedroom and en-suite bathroom (accessed from outdoor dining terrace)
- Hallway with steps down to kitchen/living area
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Courtyard terrace with shaded area for dining
- Steps up to terrace with swimming pool 3m x 7m (depth 1.0m – 1.5m)
Please note: open sided steps leading to the pool terrace make this property unsuitable for children under 7 and those with mobility issues
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1241764
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Stavros shops/cafés and tavernas 2min walk
- Beach 5min drive (Polis)
- Frikes 8min drive
- Kioni 10min drive
- Vathy (tavernas, shops) 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra, and 1Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group B – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group E – Daihatsu Terios 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had a lovely holiday at the Village House Ithaca, the house is beautifully done and well equipped. Our concierge Judith was really helpful and all her recommendations were good. Will definitely be back.
Louise Bowman, July 2022
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions