In this section...
- Short walk to best beach in Crete
- Set in unspoilt Xerokambos
- Beautiful views
- Tavernas and mini-market 5min drive
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Delightful Villa Aetos sits discreetly on a hillside, just a few minutes’ walk from the fine sands and aquamarine waters of the heavenly beach around Xerokambos. Despite its incredible natural beauty, this magical stretch of coastline remains very much a ‘road less travelled’ destination, with just enough shops and tavernas to make your holiday feel both authentic and effortless.
Aetos is a new, 1-bedroom villa, designed with flair and imagination to ensure couples can enjoy a luxurious escape in this unspoilt and little known part of the island. Fully detached, its position above Villas Kambos and Almyra, affords the utmost privacy, with the same mesmerising sea views that make lazy days and moonlit nights on the terrace such a pleasure. Beautifully finished interiors are tastefully decorated using neutral shades and natural materials to complement the beauty and simplicity of the location, whilst outside space is generous, with comfy loungers perfectly angled by the pool to take in the magnificent panorama. There are plenty of shady spots for a long lunch or a quiet read and it's a ten-minute stroll down to the beach when the lure of the sea becomes irresistible.
For anyone seeking a get-away-from-it-all escape, the wild beauty of south-eastern Crete is intoxicating. Explorers will relish the dramatic views along the road to Kato Zakros (25mins), the archaeological remains of the Minoan civilisation, the crystal cave of Pelekita and the evocatively named Gorge of the Dead – all waiting to be discovered close by. But if you simply want to relax and unwind in an idyllic spot away from the mainstream, you couldn't wish for a lovelier venue than Villa Aetos.
16.06.22: This villa has just been completed and has not been professionally photographed. On a recent inspection visit, Graham Simpson took the shots above on his camera phone to give an idea of what to expect. These will be replaced at the earliest opportunity with professional images.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Greece.
- 1 bedroom single storey villa (sleeps 2)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) can be made up as a twin on request
- Shower room and WC with disabled access
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath towels provided
- Simpson pool towels
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 6m x 3m (depth 1.40m)
- Situated on a slope overlooking the beach and sea
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1168320
- Xerokambos beach 6min walk
- Mini-market 12min walk
- Taverna 30min walk
- Kato Zakros 25min drive
- Ziros 30min drive
- Makrigialos 60min drive
- Sitia 60min drive
- Heraklion Airport (via Ierapetra) 2hr 45min
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D2, Hyundai i30 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A destination where tourism is not the local raison d’être, this is a place to relax unreservedly into a life by the sea. The landscape is rugged – mountains, gorges and rocky hillsides scattered with tiny villages and ancient ruins – but some of Crete’s finest beaches belong here too. Among them are spectacular Xerokambos and palm-fringed Vai, whilst Palekastro is one of Europe’s favourite windsurfing spots. And there are plenty of excellent waterfront tavernas where the passing of time is best marked by the waves rolling in nearby.
To base yourself in this idyllic destination, visit our collection of handpicked villas in and around Palekastro and the far east of Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions