In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Spectacular views across Gulf of Mirabello
- Heated infinity pool
- Private hillside location
- Agios Nikolaos 5min drive
Perched above the sun-kissed shores of northern Crete, Villa Melissa is a strikingly contemporary haven; a seamless blend of state-of-the-art design set against the timeless beauty of the Greek landscape. Enjoying truly spectacular views across the Gulf of Mirabello, it enjoys a secluded and peaceful spot near the upmarket seaside towns of Agios Nikolaos and Elounda.
This wonderfully private villa is a masterpiece of elegant design, with clean lines, a minimalist aesthetic and natural materials creating an easy atmosphere of understated elegance. Upstairs, three well designed bedrooms offer a sanctuary of comfort, each with access to a private balcony to take in the sweeping panorama. Downstairs, the open plan living area has a wall of glass overlooking a sumptuously furnished terrace and the dazzling infinity pool which appears to melt into the astonishing blue of the horizon beyond.
The immaculate lawned gardens offer a number of shady spots for reclining away from the intense midday sun and the outdoor dining area with barbecue is the perfect vantage point to drink in the beauty of your holiday surroundings at any time of day.
The villa’s serene hillside position is only enhanced by its proximity to the fashionable towns of Agios Nikolaos and Elounda. A short drive away you can swap repose for retail at one of the many boutiques and shops that line the pretty streets and there are numerous bars, restaurants and tavernas to choose from, serving delicious local fare ranging from informal and rustic to sophisticated and gourmet. A boat trip across to the disconcertingly beautiful island of Spinalonga, the former leper colony made famous by Victoria Hislop’s bestseller The Island, is not to be missed and the Minoan Palace at Knossos is easily reached for those keen to delve into the island’s extraordinary ancient civilisation.
Whether you stay close to home or venture out to discover more of this magnificent island, a stay at Villa Melissa is an invitation to experience an unforgettable holiday at the heart of Crete.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 6)
- Open-plan living/dining room with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; access to terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, hob, coffee maker, steam cooker, blender and toaster. Access to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom and WC; access to balcony
- Double bedroom (160cm bed); access to balcony
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds that can be made as a double on request); access to balcony
- Bathroom with shower and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Daily cleaning and twice weekly linen change
- Private chlorine heated swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.5m)
- Pool is not heated mid-June to mid-September
- 6 pool loungers
- Charcoal barbecue and outdoor stone oven
- Outdoor shaded dining area
- Private car parking
- All properties with Wi-Fi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1115650000
- Boat hire (Candia water sports) 5min walk
- Beach (Havania) 5min drive
- Agios Nikolaos (shops/tavernas) 5min drive
- Elounda 7min drive
- Heraklion Airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D2, Hyundai i30 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Agios Nikolaos & The Gulf of Mirabello is one of the most sought after enclaves of Crete. Here you'll find Elounda, a pretty waterfront town hosting some of the island's most exclusive hotels and restaurants and regular ferries across to the former leper colony Spinalonga, a disconcertingly beautiful island with a fascinating history made famous by Victoria Hislop's novel The Island. A little further east, fashionable Agios Nikolaos is a lively town with an abundance of charm and a fabulous selection of restaurants and shops around the harbour.
If you're after a more tranquil and traditional take on Cretan life, the enchanting village of Mochlos lies tucked away at the most easterly edge of The Gulf of Mirabello. Our portfolio here celebrates the road less travelled, transporting guests from the mainstream to a blissfully undeveloped part of Crete that's often overlooked. Mochlos holds a unique identity along this illustrious coastline; a timeless waterfront idyll with a charming collection of cafés and tavernas harbouring the soul food of a simpler life. Whether you choose our Simpson Hotel or one of our luxurious villas, a stay here offers the best of all worlds - combining authentic charm, warm hospitality and easy access to many of the island's highlights, including the breathtaking gorges and caves of eastern Crete and the mountain communities of the beautiful Lasithi Plateau.
Whether you're seeking an expansive beachfront home close to all the action, or a tucked away base by the sea, you'll find something to suit in Agios Nikolaos & The Gulf of Mirabello. View our handpicked collection of villas today or take a look at our delightful Simpson Hotel in Mochlos.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions