In this section...
- Beautiful views of the Luberon valley
- Close to exclusive Gordes
- Stylish and spacious interiors
- Private heated swimming pool
- Simpson family extras available
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
On the outskirts of one of France’s prettiest villages, in this traditional and spacious Provençal-style hilltop home, you’ll find all the pleasures of rural life on your doorstep in the exquisite Luberon Valley.
The warm ochre of its stone walls blends seamlessly with the landscaped garden, the verdant pastureland beyond and the distant Alpilles. Living spaces are bright and airy with contemporary furnishings and neutral décor.
A covered terrace is a lovely spot for al fresco dining, around which children will enjoy playing on the manicured lawns and in the heated swimming pool at the bottom of the garden. And there’s plenty more besides to keep the whole family entertained: bike hire and horse riding, nature trails and heritage walks, 9 and 18-hole golf courses all within a short drive. A leisure lake for swimming and sailing lies 21km away and a clutch of sandy, rocky and shingly beaches are reached within a 75-minute drive.
The local area
You’re also just 6km from Gordes, an exceptional village arranged in tiers around the Renaissance château at its summit and listed as one of the most beautiful in the country. Abandoned for many years, its resurgence is still reminiscent of a forgotten past, even at its most alive on market days. The home of one of the most photographed monuments in Provence, the 12th-century monastery, Abbaye de Sénanque, is a feast for the eyes, particularly when the lavender fields are in bloom during June and July.
The Luberon mountains in central Provence are an area of charming hilltop villages, especially along the verdant northern slopes overlooking colourful plains of olive groves, cherry orchards, and pastureland. Roussillon, built in the local ochre stone, commands views as far as Mont Ventoux. Ménerbes has a colourful history and was home to Picasso and de Stael. The dramatic site occupied by Oppède-le-Vieux lay abandoned for years; the village has come back to life but still retains a haunting sense of a vanished past.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 6 bedroom house (sleeps 12)
- Living room with fireplace (wood supplied), leads to covered terrace
- Dining room, leads to covered terrace
- Kitchen with full oven, hob, coffee maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Study/TV room
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom and WC, French doors to terrace
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request)
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (180cm bed)
- Shower room with WC
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with separate shower and WC, French doors to private terrace
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom with WC
- External access only
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into double on request) with en-suite shower room
- Separate WC
- The owner of this villa will consider requests to bring a pet dog (no other pets). Please advise us of the age and breed of your dog, and we will contact the owner on your behalf. The owner reserves the right to refuse the request.
- Complimentary WiFi (fibre optic connection)
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Air-conditioning in all main house bedrooms
- Heating (cost varies according to season)
- Pool towels included
- Washing machine and dryer
- 2 cots (linen supplied) and 2 highchairs
- Smart TV, DVD and CD players
- Gas barbecue
- Table tennis
- Landscaped gardens
- Dining terraces
- WC by pool
- Private swimming pool 13m x 6m (depth 1.2m – 2.5m), electric security cover, Roman steps, pool can be heated to 27°C weather permitting (€350/week), open mid-April to mid-October
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly linen change for bookings of two weeks or more
- Mid-stay clean (4 hours) included for bookings of two weeks or more
- Additional cleaning €15/hour (minimum 2 hours)
- Cook (on request)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.30am
TGV stationsAvignon 36km
- Restaurants (Coustellet) 6min drive
- Shops (Coustellet) 6min drive
- Gordes 13min drive
- Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 20min drive
- Avignon 45min drive
A delightful well equipped property stylishly presented with outstanding views of the Luberon. Good shopping within a short drive. The pool was a good size with excellent pool furniture.
Excellent villa, even better in real life than in the photos. Concierge from Simpson travel was excellent as were Nicholas & Melanie in France.
Simpson Travel offer an excellent level of villa holiday which I have found hard to find anywhere else. We have been with them to Greece, Turkey and, more recently, France. Their French villa selection is excellent and the villas themselves are outstanding. This is the third time we have been with them to France and certainly intend going again. I can highly recommend them whether for exploring the history the areas provide or simply to relax. We are already looking forward to our next trip.
The villa was delightful, with beautiful grounds and very well-equipped. The description and the pictures on the website were accurate – with fantastic views and lovely grounds.
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There's no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the many Provençal villages with their cobbled streets and cafes. Hilltop towns glow in pale golden stone, surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and fields of fragrant purple lavender. From celebrated Gordes to charming Eygalières, each town has a market to help you discover local produce, or treat yourself to a long lazy lunch; from pavement cafes to Michelin stars, the midday meal in France is nothing short of an art form.
The cities of Avignon, Orange, Nîmes and Arles offer an architecturally rich and cultural day out but try to make time for lesser-known gems like Vaison la Romaine, Uzès and Ile sur la Sorgue for a less crowded but equally impressive picture of the history of the region.
A day at the beach is always an option but you can find other open water options closer to home, from child-friendly paddling in the River Gardon below le Pont du Gard, to kayaking down La Sorgue as it winds its way through the Luberon. Close to Avignon, Lac de Monteux has a lifeguarded beach and various water activities for all ages.
This is a destination to rival any other. Complemented by our selection of handpicked villas we can help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions