In this section...
- Delightful contemporary villa
- Bright spacious interiors
- Heated swimming pool
- Prime Hossegor location
- Short walk to beaches and restaurants
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
The recent renovation and extension of this delightful 1930s villa blends contemporary style and clever design to create a practical, comfortable home with some charming touches of colourful French chic. There is a lovely flow between living and dining areas and the beautifully crafted deck surrounding the property, where the heated infinity pool provides an inviting focal point. Outdoor living is easy here, with a shaded area perfect for al fresco dining and a large enclosed garden offering a good degree of privacy in this upmarket residential part of town.
The bright, spacious interiors are well-appointed, offering a high quality open-plan kitchen, four bedrooms (a master and three further doubles) and two stylish bathrooms. Villa Janfranchou is an excellent choice for couples or families travelling together, and the location is particularly appealing to older children and teenagers; just a few minutes' stroll from a world-famous surf beach and the local shops and restaurants.
The local area
The villa is situated in Les Estagnots, a prime residential area with its own uniquely relaxed atmosphere, just three kilometres north of Hossegor centre. A car is not a necessity, with the convenience of shops, restaurants and the magnificent Atlantic coast on your doorstep and it is just a 10-minute walk to the gentle waters of the saltwater lake, with its child-friendly beaches, watersports, weekly markets and oyster shacks. Hire a bicycle and join the locals to pick up croissants and bread and explore the numerous trails connecting the coast, forests and lagoons. Or cycle to lively Hossegor centre, three kilometres south and enjoy the vibrant collection of trendy shops, bars and excellent eateries. Nobody can fail to be impressed by the culinary delights on offer here and nearby Capbreton is a must for lovers of seafood and a more laid-back French vibe.
The charming city of Bayonne, famed for its fine chocolate and cured hams, is a half-hour drive away whilst world renowned Biarritz lies a little further south; offering an intoxicating blend of Belle Époque glamour, elegant eateries and fashionable shops. The picture postcard hillside villages of the Basque Country give an insight into the area’s rich cultural heritage and a visit to the pretty fishing port of St-Jean-de-Luz, the culinary capital of the region, is sure to delight, with its family-friendly beaches and historic town centre. A short ferry ride from Hendaye will take you to the vibrant coastal town of Hondarrabia in Spain; or you can drive across the border to enjoy tapas in San Sebastian or the Guggenheim in Bilbao. For nature lovers, the peaceful wetland reserve Marais d’Orx, with its high-sided wooden walkways, is a safe-haven for families with little ones; or further afield, children will love the funicular train rides at Ascain in the Pyrénées. Older children will love the thrills and spills of the Seignosse and Labenne-Ocean waterparks; whilst golfing enthusiasts will enjoy the 18-hole course at Golf de Seignosse, a challenging beauty.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 4 bedroom single-storey villa (sleeps 2-6)
- 3 steps between entrance and living area
- Open-plan living/dining area with TV, DVD player, music dock and speaker, patio doors lead to terrace
- Kitchen with oven, hob, coffee-maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- 3 steps between living area and bedroom corridor
- Master bedroom with dressing area and en-suite bathroom (bath & shower)
- 3 double bedrooms
- Large family bathroom with walk-in shower, double basins and WC
- The owner of this villa will consider requests to bring a pet dog (no other pets). Please advise us of the age and breed of your dog, and we will contact the owner on your behalf. The owner reserves the right to refuse the request.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Cot available on request
- Dining terrace with covered area
- Barbecue and gas plancha
- Heated swimming pool 7.5m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m throughout), shallow open-sided ledge inside the pool, alarm
- Smoking is not permitted in the villa
- Due to small drops around the terrace, only children over 6 years are permitted in the villa
- Activities nearby include surfing, kitesurfing, sailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse riding, birdwatching, fishing, spa and thalassotherapy, pelote basque, course landaise, wine tasting and aqua parc
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
- 2-hour mid-week clean
Optional services offered
- Cleaning €20/hour
- Babysitting €15/hour
- Surfing (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 707km
- TGV stations
- Beach and restaurants 2min walk (250m)
- Mini-market 5min walk (500m)
- Oyster Bar (Lake Hossegor) 14min walk (1km)
- Waterpark 4min drive (2km)
- Hossegor centre and daily market 5min drive (3km)
We had a lovely stay at Villa Janfranchou, enjoying both the prime location near Les Estagnots beach and the beautiful outdoor space and pool of the house itself. The back garden and terraces are very well laid out, making great use of the natural landscaping. The kitchen and living area are flooded with natural light and have direct access to the outdoor spaces - reflecting fantastic biophilic design. It was a pleasure to cook and dine in such gorgeous surroundings. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and comfortable, and are in a separate part of the house which offered privacy. The layout is quite practical, especially if members of your group have different sleep/wake hours. The terrace off of the master suite was a wonderful spot to relax at any time of the day. Upon arrival, we received a warm welcome from Simpson Travel, which included many essentials for our holiday. As well as the Simpson team support, the owner of the villa was available nearby to help with any requests during our stay. A very relaxing holiday.
Couldn’t rate Villa Janfranchou highly enough. The pictures don’t do it justice, layout really works, great location and the owner was extremely friendly and helpful. Les Estagnots had a couple of lovely restaurants and we could get to restaurants further afield on our bikes with ease. Cycle tracks made them accessible even with an 8 year old. Really great holiday!
Wonderful villa in a great location for us. The villa was stylish and had everything you could wish for to allow a comfortable stay. The pool and outdoor furniture and gardens were beautiful. Walks to the beach, close to shops but in a quiet area. Just perfect for us. Thank you Simpsons and Bruno.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions