In this section...
- Delightful contemporary villa
- Bright spacious interiors
- Heated swimming pool
- Prime Hossegor location
- Short walk to beaches and restaurants
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
The recent renovation and extension of this delightful 1930s villa blends contemporary style and clever design to create a practical, comfortable home with some charming touches of colourful French chic. There is a lovely flow between living and dining areas and the beautifully crafted deck surrounding the property, where the heated infinity pool provides an inviting focal point. Outdoor living is easy here, with a shaded area perfect for al fresco dining and a large enclosed garden offering a good degree of privacy in this upmarket residential part of town.
The bright, spacious interiors are well-appointed, offering a high quality open-plan kitchen, four bedrooms (a master and three further doubles) and two stylish bathrooms. Villa Janfranchou is an excellent choice for couples or families travelling together, and the location is particularly appealing to older children and teenagers; just a few minutes' stroll from a world-famous surf beach and the local shops and restaurants.
The local area
The villa is situated in Les Estagnots, a prime residential area with its own uniquely relaxed atmosphere, just three kilometres north of Hossegor centre. A car is not a necessity, with the convenience of shops, restaurants and the magnificent Atlantic coast on your doorstep and it is just a 10-minute walk to the gentle waters of the saltwater lake, with its child-friendly beaches, watersports, weekly markets and oyster shacks. Hire a bicycle and join the locals to pick up croissants and bread and explore the numerous trails connecting the coast, forests and lagoons. Or cycle to lively Hossegor centre, three kilometres south and enjoy the vibrant collection of trendy shops, bars and excellent eateries. Nobody can fail to be impressed by the culinary delights on offer here and nearby Capbreton is a must for lovers of seafood and a more laid-back French vibe.
The charming city of Bayonne, famed for its fine chocolate and cured hams, is a half-hour drive away whilst world renowned Biarritz lies a little further south; offering an intoxicating blend of Belle Époque glamour, elegant eateries and fashionable shops. The picture postcard hillside villages of the Basque Country give an insight into the area’s rich cultural heritage and a visit to the pretty fishing port of St-Jean-de-Luz, the culinary capital of the region, is sure to delight, with its family-friendly beaches and historic town centre. A short ferry ride from Hendaye will take you to the vibrant coastal town of Hondarrabia in Spain; or you can drive across the border to enjoy tapas in San Sebastian or the Guggenheim in Bilbao. For nature lovers, the peaceful wetland reserve Marais d’Orx, with its high-sided wooden walkways, is a safe-haven for families with little ones; or further afield, children will love the funicular train rides at Ascain in the Pyrénées. Older children will love the thrills and spills of the Seignosse and Labenne-Ocean waterparks; whilst golfing enthusiasts will enjoy the 18-hole course at Golf de Seignosse, a challenging beauty.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 4 bedroom single-storey villa (sleeps 2-6)
- 3 steps between entrance and living area
- Open-plan living/dining area with TV, DVD player, music dock and speaker, patio doors lead to terrace
- Kitchen with oven, hob, coffee-maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- 3 steps between living area and bedroom corridor
- Double bedroom with dressing area and en-suite bathroom (bath with hand-held shower)
- 3 double bedrooms
- Large family bathroom with walk-in shower, double basins and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Cot available on request
- Garden swings
- Dining terrace with covered area
- Barbecue and gas plancha
- Heated swimming pool 6.5m x 3m (depth 1.5m throughout), shallow open-sided ledge inside the pool, alarm
- Smoking is not permitted in the villa
- Due to small drops around the terrace, only children over 6 years are permitted in the villa
- Activities nearby include surfing, kitesurfing, sailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse riding, birdwatching, fishing, spa and thalassotherapy, pelote basque, course landaise, wine tasting and aqua parc
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
- 2-hour mid-week clean
Optional services offered
- Cleaning €20/hour
- Babysitting €15/hour
- Surfing (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 707km
- TGV stations
- Beach and restaurants 2min walk (250m)
- Mini-market 5min walk (500m)
- Oyster Bar (Lake Hossegor) 14min walk (1km)
- Waterpark 4min drive (2km)
- Hossegor centre and daily market 5min drive (3km)
Wonderful villa in a great location for us. The villa was stylish and had everything you could wish for to allow a comfortable stay. The pool and outdoor furniture and gardens were beautiful. Walks to the beach, close to shops but in a quiet area. Just perfect for us. Thank you Simpsons and Bruno.
Susan Wilkin, July 2022
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions