In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Tasteful and contemporary
- Beautiful views
- Walk to stunning Palombaggia beach
Now and again we come across villas that are so well designed they almost become a destination in their own right, and the immaculate Villa di Lume feels like just such a property. The location alone is highly desirable, nestled into an exclusive development and surrounded by open grassland, oak trees and the ancient umbrella pines that are such a feature of this magnificent coastline. Inside, the décor is deliberately understated, maximising the luxurious sense of space and drawing all eyes towards the myriad blues of Palombaggia bay. It’s seductively easy to lose all track of time here, flitting between the soft sand and the pool, the beach bars and your own glorious terrace as each sunny day slips effortlessly into the softness of a Mediterranean evening. And as an extra bonus for early or late season, or those travelling with sensitive little ones, there’s also a heated indoor pool to make swimming a pleasure whatever the weather.
Villa di Lume sits on the same private estate as our Villa Marinka, Villa MK2 and Villa di Sole, enviably located within a few minutes’ walk of Palombaggia beach, with its smart beach bars, watersports facilities and invitingly clear shallow water. Should you wish to make a table reservation, treat yourself to an in-villa massage or even a helicopter flight over the Bonifacio coastline, your Simpson Exclusive Concierge will be happy to assist with these and any other requests.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Living/dining area with TV
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, electric whisk, Nespresso machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Master bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite bathroom (no door), leads out to terrace and door to indoor pool
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom (no door), leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds)
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Charcoal barbecue (in high season when fire risk can be great, barbecues may be removed without notice)
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 9m x 4m (depth 1.40m throughout), access via Roman steps, security cover
- Indoor heated pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.50m – 2m), access via steps, sensor alarm
- Only 2-week bookings in peak season (14-28 July, 28 July-11 August and 11-25 August)
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- Two 3-hour cleans per week included
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking e-mails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Palombaggia Beach 10min walk
- Restaurants 15min walk (season only)
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarr
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions