The Rou Estate: Additional services
The Garden Terrace is open for evening meals at the following times:
- Sunday: 2pm – 11pm (arrival day)
- Tuesday: 3pm – 11pm, Barbecue Evening (no menu)
- Thursday: 3pm – 11pm
- Saturday: 3pm – 11pm
|Booked in UK||Paid locally
(Credit/debit cards only)
|WESTERN MASSAGES* (details below)|
|Relaxing massage (based on Swedish massage)||60min||£45||£55|
|Relaxing head and face massage||20min||£25||£30|
|Traditional Thai massage||80min||£75||£85|
|Thai foot massage||40min||£40||£50|
|Abhayanga (Ayurvedic massage)||60min||£65||£75|
|Hot stone massage||75/90min||£70/80||£75/90|
|Salt body scrub||30min||£30||£35|
|Sugar coconut body scrub||30min||£30||£35|
|BODY WRAPS* (scrub included)|
|Sea mud mask + salt/sugar body scrub||70min||£50||£60|
|Seaweed mask + salt/sugar body scrub||70min||£50||£60|
|Anti-cellulite treatment (salt body scrub + massage)||70min||£55||£65|
|Yoghurt body mask + oatmeal body scrub (face included)||80min||£70||£80|
|Rejuvenating treatment (sea mud wrap + 30min sports massage)||70min||£55||£65|
|Soothing face treatment with oatmeal||50min||£45||£55|
|Natural face lifting treatment||50min||£45||£55|
|Treatment A: Oatmeal body scrub + yoghurt body mask + 30 min relaxing massage||90min||£75||£85|
|Treatment B: Salt body scrub + seaweed body mask + 30 min anti-cellulite massage||90min||£80||£90|
|Treatment C: Sugar body scrub + sea mud mask + 30 min sports massage||90min||£80||£90|
* Treatments are only available to those over 18 years of age.
WESTERN TYPE MASSAGES:
- Relaxing massage (based on Swedish massage) 60min – A relaxing massage is wonderful for easing tense and overworked muscles. Different rhythmic strokes are used to knead muscle tissue and improve circulation, which can also help reduce the stiffness of arthritis and other joint pain. Oils are used to ensure smooth, flowing movement during the massage.
- Aromatherapy 60/80min – Aromatherapy treatments have both physiological and psychological effects. The combination of massage and the medicinal and therapeutic qualities of the essential oils can soothe, revitalise, uplift the spirit, encouarge positive thinking and boost the immune system enabling the body to heal itself. After a consultation, selections of essential oils are blended with carrier oil which is specifically chosen for your needs. Aromatherapy Massage involves a smoother gliding type of pressure, moving tension from the whole body.
- Sports massage 45/60min – Sports massage is particularly helpful to athletes - it is used before, during and after sports events. When a massage therapist works the soft tissues of the body, there are a variety of benefits such as preventing injury, working out the soreness, and enhancing sports performance. A sports massage can be stimulating, it can be relaxing, or it can be a relief from pain. Techniques for sports massage are borrowed from traditional massage styles, such as Shiatsu and Swedish massage.
- Relaxing head and face massage 30min – Releases the muscles of the face and head to help bring clarity of the mind, release emotional stress, stimulate circulation, relax tense muscles, and improve muscle tone (includes neck and shoulders).
- Back massage 25min – Partial relaxing massage, concentrating on the back problems (includes neck and shoulders).
- Partrial massage 45min – Includes back, neck, head and face – can be changed according to preference.
- Traditional Thai massage 80min – Thai yoga massage is a deep full body treatment in which the therapist uses hands, elbows, feet and entire legs to move the client into a series of yoga stretches. This helps to stimulate, open and balance the flow of energy through the body's Sen lines, relieving stress and pain and encouraging the body in its natural tendency towards self healing. Typically no oils or lotions are used, and the massage is performed outside on the floor, on padded mats. The client wears loose comfortable clothing.
- Thai foot massage 40min – This treatment works on similar principles as reflexology - applied pressure on specific points of the feet to stimulate internal organs, encouraging the body and mind to balance as well as activating the body's natural healing mechanism. However, the therapist will use a specifically designed stick as well as hands.
- Abhayanga (Ayurvedic massage) 60min – This is a full body massage where oil is applied all over the body and a specific pattern of movements is given with firm pressure. Its benefits include improved appetite, alertness throughout the day, better sleep at night, reduced stress levels, glowing skin and reduction in overall mental and physical fatigue. The oil is chosen according to body type.
- Hot stone massage 75/90min – The premise behind hot stone massage therapy is that the direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist access to deeper muscle layers. Combining hot stone protocols with a full body massage provides a very healing and effective experience. The warm stones also expand blood vessels, which encourages blood flow throughout the body. The stones have a sedative effect that can relieve chronic pain, reduce stress and promote deep relaxation.
Body scrub 30min – A body scrub will exfoliate your skin, sloughing off dead skin cells and rubbing away hard and flaky skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. A scrub can be really invigorating as well, and improve the circulation of blood and lymph to the surface of the skin, helping to fight cellulite and improve your skin tone. Choose from:
- Salt body scrub 30min – A mixture of salt, essential oils or herbs and oils. A sea salt scrub benefits your skin by exfoliating and removing old skin cells, leaving you with hydrated, smooth, more lustrous skin. Exfoliation not only improves skin tone, but it can relieve the symptoms of certain skin disorders, such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. If you have sensitive skin it is best to stick with sugar or herbal body scrubs. Massaging with a scrub containing essential oils not only improves the quality of skin, but also provides relaxation.
- Sugar coconut body scrub 30min – Coco-nut flakes, coco-nut oil and brown sugar. Exfoliating with a sugar scrub relaxes the mind with its delicious smell. Sugar is also full of glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturise skin, but protects it from toxins. Sugar scrubs are typically considered gentler than those made from salt, so recommended for those with sensitive skin.
- Oatmeal body scrub 30min – Oatmeal, milk, olive oil, essential oils. While acting as a gentle exfoliant, oatmeal also has many benefits. This cereal possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-itch and many other impressive properties. It helps in replenishing skin moisture, thereby keeping the skin hydrated and smooth. It draws out skin impurities from the skin surface without causing irritation, leaving behind soft and silky skin. The most impressive part about this edible ingredient is its suitability for all skin types. It is excellent for people with hypersensitive skin as well as there are virtually no side effects.
BODY WRAPS (scrub included):
Body wraps are designed to improve the texture and appearance of the skin by helping to rid the body of excess fluids and toxins. The benefits of body wraps may include body contouring, detoxification, boosting of the lymphatic system and metabolism, temporary inch loss, skin tightening and skin softening.
- Sea mud mask + salt/sugar body scrub 70min – Improves blood circulation and natural skin generation. Fine mud grains cleanse the skin and remove dirt particles, impurities and toxins. Proven to provide effective relief for skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, acne and wrinkles. Moisturises skin and helps natural skin hydration. Sea mud has many amazing health properties and in addition to the ones listed above also helps treat and relieve some other ailments including arthritis, muscle stiffness, muscle ache, rheumatism, joint inflammation and even itchy, dry skin.
- Seaweed mask + salt/sugar body scrub 70min – Seaweed body wraps cleanse and detoxify the body making it an excellent herbal skin care treatment. The skin absorbs the minerals that are essential for restoring its tone and vitality. These minerals in the seaweed body wrap help to disperse local fatty deposits ensuring soft, fresh and healthy looking skin. General seaweed body wrap applications are good for cellulite, connective tissue debility with water retention, slackened dermal tissue after pregnancy and after intensive slimming treament.
- Anti-cellulite treatment (salt body scrub + massage) 70min – By improving circulation fatty areas are softened and released over time. The kneading and gentle rubbing soothes the tension in the muscles and improves blood flow. It works through targeting the lymphatic system and draining accumulated fluids often associated with cellulite. It can break up fatty deposits and expel excess water. However, to reduce cellulite several sessions with a massage therapist are necessary.
- Yoghurt body mask + Oatmeal body scrub (face inluded) 80min – Greek yoghurt with honey, turmeric and herbs help moisturise the skin. Plain yoghurt is excellent for the skin as it leaves the skin glowing due to the low amount of acidity in it which will restore natural pH balances. It also hydrates the skin and soothes sunburn or irritated skin. Honey is full of anti-microbial properties and is a natural antioxidant. Compounds in turmeric have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Ground oatmeal not only serves as a wonderful exfoliant, it also absorbs and removes surface dirt and impurities while leaving skin nourished and hydrated. It has been known to soothe and heal everything from acne and sunburn to dry, flaky skin. Given its gentle nature, it is also ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Rejuvenating treatment (sea mud wrap + 30min sports massage) – This combination is particularly good for athletes as the sea mud wrap has many benefits for tired or aching muscles, as mentioned above, and prepares your muscles so that you get the most out of your sports massage.
- Soothing face treatment with oatmeal 50min – according to the skin type natural ingredients such as yoghurt, turmeric, oatmeal, coconut, jojoba oil, shea butter and essential oils can help to soothe and refresh the skin. Neck and scalp massage is included.
- Natural face lifting treatment 50min – the deep and intensive lifting massage technique makes mature skin feel fresh and alive. The neck and scalp is included which aids relaxation. The natural massage oils and essential oils are chosen according to your skin type. A gentle peel helps to prepare skin for the massage.
- Cross trainer
- Exercise bike
- Weights bench with weights
- Crunch bar
- Air conditioning
- CD player with USB slot
- Water cooler
There is a range of lifestyle opportunities which our Concierge service can arrange for you.
Tuition and coaching is available at Rou by the hour, half day or full day and can be booked privately or for small groups of like-minded guests:
- Personal training
As some of these activities are very popular, it is recommended to check availability in advance.
There are facilities nearby for:
- Water sports
Local boat hire
There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
Professional, unobtrusive service has always been the hallmark of Simpson Travel and The Rou Estate is no exception. Our friendly team have a wealth of local knowledge, ensuring that your holiday is comfortable, relaxing and inspiring in equal measures.
The Rou Estate Manager also offers a Concierge service and can book you anything from restaurants to speed-boats – if you haven’t already pre-booked with our UK office before you leave, that is. (To hire a small boat, speedboat or cruiser, we do recommend early reservations, especially for July and August when availability can be limited.)
For breakfasts, we can arrange for freshly-baked bread and pastries to be delivered every morning, as well as groceries if you want to take advantage of your fully-equipped kitchen. You’ll also find a welcome pack on your arrival with a selection of tasty local ingredients, so relaxing rather than shopping is all you need to think about on your first day.
All our houses on the Estate are given a light clean six days a week and maintained to the highest standards by the Estate Manager and the Estate Technical Support who are responsible for the safety and smooth running of all aspects of the village.
And remember – if anything isn’t quite as you expected or you need help or advice about any aspect of your holiday, just talk to our Estate Manager. We always aim to tailor holidays to suit you, so there’s no need to put up with something that isn’t just as you’d like it.