In this section...
- Beautiful and unique agroturisme hotel
- Stunning country setting
- 10 rooms and suites
- Wonderful views
- Peaceful and tranquil
- Close to pretty Búger
Son Pons is an enchanting 11-room agroturisme located on a vast private estate just outside Búger village. The estate is owned by the charming Siquier family, who restored their 16th-century finca with enormous care, and now pour the same energy and dedication into caring for their guests. The original buildings date back to the 1500s and a real sense of history pervades in its rough stone walls, ancient wooden beams and hefty arched doorways. Beyond the finca, the estate extends over 150,000m², with glorious country views and the UNESCO-classified Tramuntana mountains forming a spectacular backdrop. Whether you come for a romantic break, a walking trip or a relaxed family holiday, the feeling of space, peace and well-being in this magical spot is simply addictive
The Son Pons estate enjoys protected status as a wildlife sanctuary, with its own olive groves producing high quality oil for the hotel kitchen. As befits an agroturisme establishment, tasty local produce is all part of the Son Pons experience, so you can start your day with a rich buffet breakfast, with light snacks available at lunch and through the afternoon. Dinner is a romantic, candle-lit affair served in the courtyard; meals are home-cooked to order with fresh ingredients sourced daily, so you’ll need to book for dinner by lunch time if you plan to eat in. Nearby Búger has a couple of restaurants of its own too, and even if you prefer to dine at Son Pons, it’s worth spending some time taking in the authentic atmosphere of this pretty country village, which is well off the usual tourist trail.
Once you’re feeling deeply relaxed after a few days by the pool in the friendly care of Inès, Christophe and the team, you might like to explore the old towns of Pollença and Alcúdia, each a leisurely 15-minute drive. Playa de Muro – 6km of pristine pale sand and turquoise water – is around the same distance away. For a gently pampering break as a couple, with family or with friends, Son Pons offers an indulgent alternative to a villa holiday in one of the most tranquil parts of the island. We are delighted to continue as the only UK tour operator working with Son Pons for 2019.
*Exclusive to Simpson Travel in May, June, September and October, and available on request during July and August.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
- 10 rooms and suites (sleeps 2-4) in 3 categories
- Double classic (1)
- Junior suite deluxe with terrace (5)
- Junior suite superior with terrace (4)
- See separate Suites tab for individual details and photographs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Heating available
- Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels)
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Concierge service
- Reception service from 8.30am – 3.30pm (Thursdays until 5pm)
- Telephone service until midnight when reception unmanned
- Buffet breakfast included
- Restaurant for dinner (5 days per week)
- Outdoor lounge area by pool
- Honesty bar next to pool
- Freeform saltwater swimming pool 14m x 6m (depth 0.2m – 2m)
- Themed events
- Massage treatments available (payable locally)
- Cooking lessons available
- Extensive olive grove used to produce their own olive oil
- A daily tourist tax applies, which means that an average of €2.20 per person per day (16+ years) will be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- Buffet on the terrace or in the dining room (8.30am – 10.30am)
- Selection includes Mallorcan local products such as sobrasada, different muesli cereals, pastries, bacon, fried/scrambled eggs, seasonal fruits
- Bistro Son Pons
- Snacks served daily (12pm – 5pm, Tuesdays from 12pm – 3pm)
- Classic lunches include tuna salad, spaghetti Bolognese, ham and cheese baguette, toasted sandwiches, pizza, various desserts
- Mediterranean lunches include Son Pons Salad, Mediterranean baguette (Serrano ham, tomatoes, olives, olive oil Son Pons), tuna baguette, Spanish omelette with salad,
- Sandwich Mar: tuna (tomatoes, onion, black olives, selection of cheese and Iberico sausage)
- Includes a range of local cuisine served on the courtyard
- Dinner served 5 days a week (except Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- All dinners should be pre-booked by noon on the day
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Hotel access times
- Check-in time – 1pm
- Check-out time – 11am
- Restaurants/shops (Búger Square) 2min drive or 15min walk along a countryside road (no pavement)
- Restaurants (Campanet) 5min drive
- Restaurants/shops/train station (Sa Pobla) 5min drive
- Restaurants/shops (Pollença) 15min drive
- Restaurants/shops (old town Alcudia) 15min drive
- Beach (Playa de Muro) 20min drive
- Beach (Puerto Pollença) 25min drive
- Palma airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group A2, Peugeot 108 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group B2, Peugeot 208 or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are covered by the insurance.
Group A2 – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group B2 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group C1 – Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group D – Citroën Berlingo or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 6 large suitcases*
Group D1 – Citroën C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D2, Citroën Grand C4 Picasso Automatic or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group E, Fiat Scudo 8 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
Group E1, Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had the misfortune to have our inbound flight cancelled by EasyJet due to bad weather – there was absolute chaos in Palma airport – however within minutes Sonia Blagg appeared and took us straight out of the chaos. At the same time Rosie Springett was on the phone to me from the UK arranging alternative flights and accommodation. I cannot speak highly enough of the “rescue operation” that was deployed by Simpson via Sonia and Rosie. Sonia took us to a quiet part of the airport and got us seated and fetched us drinks and within a very short space of time Rosie had us booked on flights and on our way to our hotel for the night. The other thing I found exceptional was the speed with which we were reimbursed for the expenses we incurred through the flight cancellation. We very rarely use travel agents for our European holidays but this experience has shown us the value of using one and Simpson, you were nothing but outstanding and we thank you.
Sarah Winstone – September 2019
Overall we had a very enjoyable holiday at Son Pons. The hotel is situated in a rural area within easy reach of the majority of the island and in a very peaceful setting. There are some excellent restaurants within an easy drive of the hotel. The hotel also offers lunch and dinner some evenings including a paella demonstration cooked by Amaka which was very good indeed and allowed the guests to get to know each other.
Hilary & Trevor Howe – September 2019
Lovely hotel and great overall experience.
Michael – August 2019
The Son Pons Hotel is ideal for guests who want some peace and quiet, surrounded by pretty countryside and a garden full of fruit trees laden with figs, limes and other fruit in season. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful and the hotel is situated within easy distance of many places of interest, restaurants and the sea. We felt very rested at the end of our 2 week break. Thank you to all the staff there - you are all treasures!
Mrs Bolton – August 2019
The hotel itself was wonderful – quite, beautifully kept with lovely private room and terrace. Poolside was warm and clean – fellow guests friendly and quiet themselves. Paella night was a great success – cooked via a demo in front of our eyes over a Sangria or two. Overall – as our first experience of Simpson Travel – we have come home as big fans and hope to use you again in the future.
Mike & Sarah – July 2019
Never have we known holiday accommodation that offers such a tranquil location. Oh how we miss those mornings on the terrace, enjoying breakfast, the peace only disturbed by the occasional birdsong or chicken. Bliss!
Colin & Kath Mutton – July 2019
We had an excellent holiday at Son Pons Hotel. The location of the hotel was excellent and everything else about it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.
David Bass – July 2019
All the reps at the airport and the staff at the hotel were so helpful and friendly – made our holiday.
Judi Wakeling – June 2019
Lovely little hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Could not fault it!
Simpson Traveller – June 2019
We much enjoyed our stay at the very pretty Son Pons Hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the position was good for visiting the island.
Mrs S Avens – June 2019
Our week at the Son Pons Hotel was very enjoyable, made even more so because of the beautiful surroundings and excellent staff. Our suite was extremely comfortable and we could not tire of the view from our balcony.
Janet – July 2018
We really enjoyed the rural setting of the Son Pons Hotel and we felt instantly at home. It was lovely to see the sun come up over the mountains. I enjoyed wandering around the fields, olive groves and orchards before breakfast looking for hoopoes. There was a great choice at breakfast with plentiful and tasty dinners in the evening. How relaxing to sit in the courtyard under the vines in the evening with a vase of freshly picked bougainvillea on the table. It was good to come back to the hotel after a busy day on the beach or exploring the pretty towns nearby and then cool off with a dip in the pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Mrs Wheeler – May 2018
Son Pons is a Mallorquín rural idyll – tranquil and characterful. The food is really very good and home cooked to order. The special paella night ‘theatre’ cooked by Amaka was excellent and a work of art and of taste. The hotel's position in quiet countryside, but only 20 minutes’ drive to the coast is perfect for getting out and about and for speedily returning to rest after a busy day. The hotel staff are all very good and cheerful. Amaka and Miranda are very good hosts. I would also add that the car rental booking, pick-up and return arrangements were the easiest, slickest and best I have ever experienced in my world travels. Graham Leonard, the Simpson Travel representative at Búger, was also very helpful and friendly.
Mr & Mrs Muid – May 2018
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Chapel El Calvari’s hilltop location offers stunning panoramic views and beautiful 13th- century artefacts. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the relaxing Pine Walk along the seafront.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a delightful agroturisme hotel, an inspiring blend of old and new for families and couples alike.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
View holiday Booking Conditions