In this section...
- Introductory offer
- Delightful harbour house suite
- Gaios waterfront
- Roof terrace with harbour views
- Shops and restaurants on your doorstep
For many, Paxos represents the epitome of relaxed island life, a place to linger over lunch, exchange a friendly kalimera with the locals and idle away happy hours. The Harbour House suite, located in the heart of Gaios, is just the place for anyone wishing to immerse themselves in village life. There’s always plenty to see here, from fishermen landing their daily catch to flotilla boats arriving for dinner at one of the many waterfront tavernas. There is a small delightful courtyard garden to the rear and a raised roof terrace that is perfect for your morning coffee with perhaps a croissant from the village bakery that is literally footsteps from the front door.
One of the greatest pleasures of Paxos is hiring a small boat, and The Harbour House is particularly well placed for this as you can moor very close to your suite. From here you can potter along the east coast of Paxos, where many of the beaches are virtually deserted during the spring and autumn months and pull up for a picnic at one of the secluded coves. If you prefer to let someone else take the helm, Gaios is the main (though nonetheless small!) harbour on the island, so you can easily catch the local ferry across to the pristine white beaches of Anti Paxos for lunch in just 20 minutes.
The suite occupies the upper floor of the building, made up of a spacious, open-plan bedroom/living area and a separate kitchen, though with tavernas close by and a coffee bar just next door, you may find you don’t use the kitchen for anything more than your morning cuppa or ice for your G&T. However you choose to spend your days, The Harbour House suite is a comfortable and convenient base to return to, though those looking for an early night might prefer somewhere away from the lively buzz of boating chat on warm summer evenings, especially during July and August.
To explore the rest of this magical island there is a regular bus service, car hire or even take one of the six island taxis.
- 1 bedroom first floor suite 58m2 (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/bedroom area
- Separate kitchen leading to steps up to courtyard garden and roof terrace
- Shower room
- Reduction of 10% on published prices will apply to all bookings until photographs are available
- Complimentary WiFi
- TV, DVD and CD players
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and beach towels provided
- Washing machine
- Courtyard garden with barbecue
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Gaios harbour front
- Town beaches 10min walk
- Loggos 15min drive
- Lakka 20min drive
- Transfer Corfu airport to Paxos by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take between 1hr 10min to 2hr 15min), short taxi transfer from the port to Gaios and 100m walk to The Harbour House
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions