In this section...
- Charming Partner Hotel
- Avithos beach 15min walk
- Contemporary and stylish
- Beautiful gardens
- Suitable for couples and families
Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian Islands, the location for the film adaptation of Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and home to some glorious beaches; if you’re keen to see all that it has to offer, it makes sense to pick a reasonably central location. Step forward the Avithos Hotel, beautifully styled and located in Svoronata, on the south west coast. Set amongst a tranquil landscape of olive groves and cypress trees, this stylishly designed hotel is a luxurious oasis of attractive buildings and pretty gardens boasting an impressive swimming pool and separate children’s pool. Days here feel delightfully decadent in the shade of the comfortable cabanas spaced around the edge, with massage available while you lie there – or in your room if you prefer.
A choice of deluxe suites and maisonettes, each with kitchen and private balcony or veranda, makes the hotel an ideal choice for couples and families (2 adults, 2 children) seeking the flexibility of self-catering accommodation combined with the services of a well-run hotel. Interiors are light and airy; contemporary in style, with a restful blend of earthy tones and natural materials creating a sense of discreet luxury and harmony. Breakfast is included, served in the attractive dining area or on the pool terrace and a tempting choice of light meals and drinks are available throughout the day at the poolside snack bar.
Avithos Beach and its two delightful tavernas are within easy walking distance of the property and just a short drive from the lively island capital Argostoli, a vibrant and attractive venue for shopping, boat trips or a sophisticated evening out. Day trips to many of the island’s famous beaches are a realistic possibility too, thanks to the convenient location, and pretty Fiskardo, in the far north of the island, is about an hour and 15-minutes away by car. Avithos Hotel is an exciting addition to our hotel collection, and we are delighted to welcome it to our portfolio for 2021.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kefalonia
- 52-room hotel
- Deluxe Suites (sleeps 2)
- Maisonettes (sleeps 2-4)
- For individual details and images please open the Suites/Maisonettes tab
- Daily breakfast
- Simpson concierge service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Daily maid service
- Equipped kitchenette
- Flat screen TV with limited satellite channels
- Complimentary bathroom products
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Pool snack bar
- Massage and beauty treatments can be arranged (payable locally)
- Shared swimming pool 15m x 22m (depth 1m – 1.7m)
- Children’s swimming pool 6m (depth 0.5m)
- Complimentary shuttle bus service to Avithos beach
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at Avithos Resort, €3 per night per room must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0430K033A0000101
- Mini-supermarket 10min walk
- Tavernas 10-15min walk
- Avithos beach (tavernas, bar) 15min walk
- Ai-Helis beach (tavernas, bar) 20min walk
- Svoronata 5min drive
- Argostoli and airport 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3 litre engine, 1 medium & 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Densely forested hills dotted with traditional hamlets and a coastline of small, quiet coves combine to make Kefalonia an unspoilt Greek holiday delight. Its northeastern tip shelters an easily overlooked gem in Fiskardo, whose 18th-century houses stand proud with their flower-festooned balconies and carved doors. South Kefalonia tells a different story, quieter and more traditional, with tranquil villages and beautiful beaches, as well as Skala and Argostoli with its harbour bars and restaurants.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Kefalonia, explore our boutique hotels, the perfect base for a stay on this most magical island.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kefalonia
View holiday Booking Conditions