In this section...
- Beautiful stone-built house
- Close to beautiful Rethymno
- Family friendly
- Sandy beaches close by
Situated between the traditional old village of Adele and the sandy beach at Adelianos Kampos lies Villa Antiopi, a beautiful stone house set in attractive gardens, with ancient olive and fruit trees. The house allows for space and privacy with several terraced areas in the large and enclosed gardens and it stands alone in its rural surroundings with gentle views of fields, hills and olive groves. Rethymnon, with its fortress, museums, Venetian and Ottoman architecture, as well as numerous shops and restaurants, is just seven kilometres away. The beautiful monastery of Arkadi is five kilometres away as is the Myli Gorge – a wonderfully green and atmospheric place, perfect for walkers, with tiny churches, an old village and ruined mills.
- 3 bedroom house (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan kitchen/dining room
- Kitchen includes full oven, microwave, coffee maker, juicer, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Small breakfast terrace leads from the kitchen area
Lower ground floor
- Living room with Satellite TV (with English-speaking news channel)
- Door to poolside garden and terrace
- Double bedroom (150cm x 200cm bed)
- Small double bedroom (140cm x 190cm bed; only suitable for one adult or two small children)
- Shower room with washing machine
- Master bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite bathroom, safe and walk-in wardrobe
- Bedroom leads to large veranda with views over swimming pool and surrounding hills
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 8m x 6m (depth 1.0m –1.65m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1041K92002990901
- Beach (Adelianos Kampos) 5min drive
- Taverna 5min drive
- Rethymnon 10min drive
- Chania and Heraklion airports 1hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group E, Citroën C-Elysee or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group D – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – 1.4-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F2 – Daihatsu Terios Hard Top or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group G – Fiat Doblo 6 seater or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G3 – Jumpy Multispace L2 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 4 large and 4 small suitcases*
Group H – Automatic Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H2 – Automatic Toyota Auris or similar, 1.3-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group I – Cabrio Peugeot 207 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group I2 – Cabrio Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
It is the best villa holiday we have had and would like to thank all staff and reps for this. Also, big thanks to the staff at the villa for making our stay a good time.
Mr H – October 2018
We would thoroughly recommend a week at Villa Antiopi followed by a week at Villa Trouli for exploring Western Crete. Each villa is beautiful with fabulous views and they both have large pools and beautiful gardens for relaxing at any time of the day. Enjoy the swallows swooping low over the water in the evenings and the bats flying around at night. Magic!
Sarah & Martyn Pearce – July 2018
Villa Antiopi provided a tranquil retreat for a glorious 14-day holiday. The villa was comfortable, clean and the outdoor pool area was a star feature. Everyone involved in the holiday experience from booking, to pre-departure, to the island rep, to the owners and cleaner were friendly and helpful. The Cretan hospitality, food, beaches and wonderful history were amazing. Every person I had contact with were extremely helpful and accommodating especially with regards to my autistic son, the first holiday company that allied my concerns and made our adventure as stress free as possible. We would highly recommended this villa and the beautiful island of Crete. We will certainly be looking to book with Simpson Travel again in the future.
Mrs Canning – August 2017
Hidden in an olive grove with complete peace and quiet but only 15 minutes from Rethymnon, this location could not have been better; we have rested by the pool and slept in the cool bedrooms but still been able to visit so many of the wonderful sights of Crete. Everyone has been charming and helpful and we have loved every moment. I hope we will be able to come back and look at what we have missed (so much!).
Samantha, Nicholas, Thomas and Henry – July 2017
We thought the personal service was excellent and will definitely use Simpson Travel again. Any problems were dealt with straight away.
Mrs Harris – July 2017
Thank you for the use of your beautiful villa. We have had a memorable week, the surroundings are best taken in with an ouzo on the balcony, a lovely place to sit and reflect on how lovely Crete can be. Fabulous pool, beautifully clean and maintained. Thanks to Simpson Travel and Ray for lots of good tips and advice. Another great holiday.
Alan and Cathy – June 2017
A first class holiday from start to finish. Everyone at Simpson Travel, both in the UK and in Crete, were highly efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. Thank you. See you again next year.
Mr Malcolm – October 2015
Great villa, good location, quiet but within easy reach of local amenities (5 minutes by car).
Mr Tindall – July 2015
We enjoyed staying in this villa very much! Especially the pool and the amazing view.
Mrs Gladstone – August 2014
We’ve had a wonderfully relaxing week in this lovely villa, winding down from work. We have slept and eaten incredibly well, lazed by the pool and enjoyed the cicadas. It’s been a great find for us.
Mr Johnson – July 2014
Lovely villa – wonderful week, particularly enjoyed the pool.
Mr Dunphey – April 2014
Yet again Simpson Travel delivers high-quality holidays where nothing is too much trouble and everything is as described on the website. This is why we have travelled with them for the last five years.
Mr Mitchell – July 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
As the birthplace of Zeus, Central Crete carries a certain historic and spiritual gravitas. Knossos, the Minoan Bronze Age palace, steals the show, but there are many other smaller archaeological sites, churches and towns to cast you back in time. However, with harbourside dining, beautiful beaches, mountain villages and vibrant summer festivals, the here and now also has a lot to offer. And Rethymno, which has clung on to much of its authentic beauty and charm, is a welcome addition to your island experience.
View holiday Booking Conditions