In this section...
- Delightful contemporary villa
- Set in peaceful olive grove
- Wonderfully unspoilt
- Distant sea views
- Short walk to taverna
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
In a peaceful grove of silvery olive tree lies Villa Adagio. One of two detached private villas, close to Arkadi Monastery, with views over the countryside towards the sea and perfectly positioned for exploring both the north and south coasts. The setting is rural, yet the welcoming restaurant at the Kapsaliana Village Hotel and the traditional taverna in Amnatos Village are only a few minutes’ walk away. Rethymno has a wide range of shops and restaurants and its narrow streets hide numerous fragments of Crete's colourful past: a castle, 16th-century mansions, old mosques and a splendid carved fountain.
Villa Adagio and neighbouring Villa Sonatina are entirely independent and relatively private from one another but can be rented together.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Greece.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Please note: Villa Adagio has been updated since pictures were taken. Details and floor plans are correct but not all photography accurately reflects the new layout
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area includes Satellite TV (English-speaking news channels only), DVD and CD players
- Kitchen includes full hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (140cm x 190cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Sitting room leads to balcony
- Shower room
- Sun terrace
- Please note, there is an additional room on the first floor used for storage which remains locked
- Complimentary wifi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Paved pool terrace
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.4m – 1.6m)
- Adagio and Sonatina share the same outer grounds and driveway
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- Shared WiFi with Sonatina
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1041K91002988501
- Tavernas 10min walk
- Mini-market 10min drive
- Beach 20min drive
- Rethymno 20min drive
- Chania and Heraklion airports 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Great week again at Adagio. Weather has been brilliant up until yesterday and today. Hotel Kapsaliana is fantastic for meals, well worth the money. The villa is so well equipped and comfortable, we are both looking forward to returning. Would like to say thank you to Klaudia, and indeed Harvey (at Chania airport) for their knowledge and advice. Many thanks to pool attendant and cleaners.
Liz & Ken – October 2019
The villa is lovely and peaceful, although the pool filter can be a bit noisy. We have enjoyed watching the marten at night coming to the pool for a drink although didn’t manage to see any hedgehogs. The Arkadi Monastery is lovely but definitely go in the afternoon after all the coaches have left. Eleutherna is also well worth visiting if you enjoy walking and ruins – beautiful valley. The Anatoli taverna is friendly and has amazing views, food is basic but good. We also enjoyed the Mili Gorge as we didn’t feel up to Samaria. Phaestos and Gortyn worth the trip down south. Also spent many peaceful hours around the pool reading. Service from Simpson is excellent and Klaudia extremely helpful. Wish we had another week.
Kim & Paul – September 2019
This was our first trip with Simpson and we would definitely book again. There is good attention to detail and the representative, Klaudia, was extremely helpful in helping us to make the most of our holiday. Villa Adagio is in a very quiet location but within easy reach of restaurants, walks and historical sites. A very memorable, relaxing holiday.
K Williams – September 2019
Great villa and very well appointed. The Eleftherna museum was a treasure as was the museum at Heraklion.
Lindy and Julian – June 2018
This was our second visit to beautiful Villa Adagio. We had a fantastic fortnight enjoying the superb facilities at the villa and visiting our favourite restaurants in Rethymno, and in the surrounding villages. Klaudia was wonderful, so friendly, helpful, and efficient. We also had a lovely welcome at Heraklion airport from Kostula. Thanks Simpson for another great holiday.
Karen Rowland & Dave Pearce – June 2019
We had a great holiday at Villa Adagio. We visited Knossos in time for its opening and were glad we arrived early – we went straight to the ‘star attractions’ before the crowds and then retraced our steps to the lesser sights. The small museum at nearby Eleutherna is very modern and worth visiting. We went on walks in Rethymno and an all-day wander with a good lunch at Lemonokipos and enjoyed sitting in the garden at Mikrasiaton Square. We also enjoyed the walks in Chania. Another highlight was the drive down the Amari Valley to Agios Galini. Ray, the Simpson Travel representative was very helpful, pointing us to good, smaller places.
Lorna & David – May 2018
Sorry to be leaving yet another superb Simpson Travel villa and fantastic Cretan weather. When we've been able to drag ourselves away from the pool we've enjoyed Damnoni beach on the south coast (good facilities and tavernas) and Sunday lunch in Meronas Village. As usual, many thanks to Ray.
Dennis & Jill – September 2017
Villa is very comfortable, well equipped and in a lovely setting with great views. Myli Gorge is a pleasant walk and interesting. Arkadi Monastery is also a good visit and very close by. The ruins and Eleutherna – a bit further on via Arkadi Monastery are fascinating – lots to see and discover. Driving through the mountains via Kissadi, Vistagi and Platania was fun too. Very quiet in May with hardly any traffic. Ray and the Simpson Travel gang do a great job, very welcoming and helpful without being in your face.
Alex & Jo – May 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
As the birthplace of Zeus, Central Crete carries a certain historic and spiritual gravitas. Knossos, the Minoan Bronze Age palace, steals the show, but there are many other smaller archaeological sites, churches and towns to cast you back in time. However, with harbourside dining, beautiful beaches, mountain villages and vibrant summer festivals, the here and now also has a lot to offer. And Rethymno, which has clung on to much of its authentic beauty and charm, is a welcome addition to your island experience.
View holiday Booking Conditions