In this section...
- Stunning contemporary villa
- Mesmerising sea views
- Close to vibrant Sitia
- Discover authentic Eastern Crete
Perched on a hillside overlooking nearby Sitia and the sea, shiny new Isidora sums up everything we look for in a Simpson Travel villa. Laden with contemporary style and comfort, it comes with mesmerising views and is just a ten-minute drive from a charming and still very authentically Cretan town.
A location like this is a gift for an architect – and one that has not been squandered. With floor-to-ceiling glass, a double-height living space and natural, seaside-inspired colours, the villa is light-filled and airy, with magnificent views from the terraces, gardens and swimming pool. Clever design means that while the views are huge, the pool and its attractive stone terrace are nicely private, so you can enjoy this sublime spot in peace all day long and into the soft rosy glow of a Cretan evening.
The villa works well for a family with older children offering three en-suite bedrooms and generous living space both inside and out. The terrace is a perfect setting for relaxed family meals, but you’ll also want to explore the wonderful tavernas and ouzeries along the seafront in Sitia. With a sandy beach and attractive hillside setting, Sitia is one of the most appealing towns in the area where low-key tourism rubs along happily with the altogether more ancient trades of olive growing and wine producing. The stunning beach of Vai (a 30-minute drive away) is undeniably more touristy, but worth a visit to experience the only palm tree forest in Europe, and the remainder of this unspoilt eastern end of the island is easily explored by hire car.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite/Smart TV and fireplace; sliding doors lead out to terrace
- Fully-equipped modern kitchen includes full cooker, Illy coffee machine (pods not supplied), microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Office area
- Gallery seating area looking down to living area; sliding doors lead out to balcony
- Master double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe; leads out to balcony
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 190cm beds; ability to convert to double bed)
- Shower room
- Laundry room
Lower ground floor
- Private entrance or internal access
- Seating area with sofa-bed
- Small double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed)
- Shower room
- Air-conditioning in seating area only, but will cool both rooms
- Access to pool, terrace and gardens
- Complimentary wifi
- Private parking space
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Olive grove garden
- Private swimming pool 9.8m x 3m (depth 0.4m – 1.65m), steps into pool
- Sharp turn into steep access road to villa
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
National tourist licence (EOT): 1040K10003274601
- Roussa Ekklisia village shops/tavernas 5min drive
- Sitia 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Palekastro 20min drive
- Vai Palm forest beach 25min drive
- Heraklion airport 1hr 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Hyundai i30 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group DA – Automatic Hyundai Accent Verna or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*.
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group L1 – Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Simpson Travel has proved to be a company worth their cost. A premium service providing a premium holiday experience in premium accommodation. Villa Isidora is stunning – we ran out of superlatives to do it justice. Expect steps/stairs and the turn off the road onto the lane down to the villa is a tight and steep as it warns! But these are all necessary to experience the views, solitude and tranquillity that Isidora provides. East Crete is so different from central Crete and we totally fell for the beauty of the Eastern end. Roads that provide so many different views at each turn make the two-hour drive from Heraklion absolutely worth it and not a trial at all. We would return to Villa Isidora without question and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a villa away from it all with privacy and peace but access to a local decent town only 10 minutes down the road.
Mrs Harrison & Ms Bennet – October 2018
Villa Isidora is one of the best villas we have ever stayed in. It commands a majestic view of the sea, is ultra-modern in its design and is incredibly spacious both indoors and out. The facilities, including a gym, are excellent making it a real home from home experience. Local restaurants provide good, authentic Greek cuisine and Sitia is just a short drive away for all your shopping needs. It is well worth exploring the East coast beaches, many of which we had to ourselves.
Mr D – October 2018
Villa Isidora is delightfully situated and the views are breathtakingly lovely. A very relaxing, easy holiday with great beaches and good restaurants nearby. Will definitely come back!
Diane Akin – October 2018
We had an excellent holiday. Car hire was very easy on collection and departure with no stress, car hire personnel were all very helpful and friendly. This being our third holiday with Simpson Travel (all excellent) and we will definitely be travelling with Simpson in the future. We have recommended Simpson Travel to many of our friends and colleagues. Keep up the good work.
Kevin Bransome – October 2018
Villa Isidora is a fantastic villa located in a part of Crete that is different from Western Crete. The views from the villa are truly spectacular, whilst not being overlooked. We would love to return one day.
Mr Clark – August 2018
Villa Isidora near Sitia is beautiful, spacious and ideally located. The views are stunning and the villa is peaceful and private. The facilities are excellent, everything we needed was there. It is ideally located to watch the sunrise and the sunset, a first for us. Perfect!
Ellen Atkinson – July 2018
Villa Isidora (or the peaceful villa) has been a delight to stay at. Any problems were sorted out with a phone call to Evie very quickly. The cleaners are just first class and came twice a week. Having visited the west side of Crete for many years we thoroughly enjoyed this more authentically Greek East side. There is so much to see and do we feel we have only managed to touch the surface in this fantastic part of Crete. We have had a wonderful two weeks.
Roz, Martin & Xanthe – August 2017
Congratulations on picking such a great villa and fantastic area of Crete. This was our first visit and we were surprised by the empty beaches and roads, even in the prime holiday season of August Bank Holiday. In common with other comments, we recommend the beach at Xerocampos. Beautiful sand, pretty empty and a spectacular drive home over the mountains. Evie was fabulous, with lots of great suggestions about what to do and always on hand to answer any query. The cleaners were also first class, leaving the place spotless. We hope you have an excellent holiday and enjoy this superb property and part of the world as much as we have done.
Caroline & Roger – August 2017
Villa Isidora is just brilliant – please don't book it, we want to go again!
Mr Awenat – August 2017
Let us be the first to share our wonderful two-week holiday at this amazing villa. Beaches; we spent most of our time at a lovely beach next to Xerocampos. The beach was right by a small taverna and has sunbeds and umbrellas... We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we have. Evie was a great help and always on hand to answer all of our questions, even on a Sunday.
Johnny & Linda – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A destination where tourism is not the local raison d’être, this is a place to relax unreservedly into a life by the sea. The landscape is rugged – mountains, gorges and rocky hillsides scattered with tiny villages and ancient ruins – but some of Crete’s finest beaches belong here too. Among them are spectacular Xerokambos and palm-fringed Vai, whilst Palekastro is one of Europe’s favourite windsurfing spots. And there are plenty of excellent waterfront tavernas where the passing of time is best marked by the waves rolling in nearby.
To base yourself in this idyllic destination, visit our collection of handpicked villas in and around Palekastro and the far east of Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions