In this section...
- Beautiful contemporary villa
- Close access to a sandy beach
- Private heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Restaurants 10-minute walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
The epitome of light, bright beach-house chic, this contemporary villa is surrounded by pine trees – and yet it’s also just minutes from shops, restaurants, watersports, bike hire and tennis courts – with eight kilometres of golden sand just a few steps away.
In your own landscaped garden, including a private swimming pool, pine-shaded Jacuzzi and a generous sunbathing terrace, lazy hours slip by uninterrupted. Come evening, a stone-built barbecue and seating area, boules court and covered table tennis area create sociable spaces to gather together.
The clean lines and whitewashed finish of the exterior reflect the minimalist style of the interiors. All bedrooms have direct access to the garden and the living areas are invitingly open-plan. If you’re not eating al fresco, the family dining table accommodates ten comfortably – the chance to enjoy a hearty home-cooked meal with ingredients picked up from one of the local markets just a few kilometres away – or, for a real holiday treat, request a chef to do the honours.
When you are ready to venture beyond your local beach, there are many others to explore – over half of the Vendée’s 250 kilometres of Atlantic coastline is sandy, with plenty of opportunities to dine overlooking the waves. The coastal towns are a genuine pleasure, particularly the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne, with enough old-world charm to transport you far, far away. Inland, the Marais Poitevin, known as 'Green Venice', is a timeless water world: 90,000 hectares of canals and marshland, forests and abbeys. Hire a small boat and create your own wildlife safari – the area is teeming with birds and animal life.
Golfers are spoilt for choice here – there are six courses all within an hour of the house. For those interested in a serious game, the Domangère course at La Roche-sur-Yon is the one to go for.
Vendée Beach House and The Ocean Villa are positioned next door to each and whilst maintaining independence and privacy, they can be rented together to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
The local area
The coastal towns are delightful, with the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne full of old world seaside charm, its broad beach lined with restaurants and cafés. It is famous as the starting point for the gruelling Vendée Globe sailing race. St-Jean-de-Monts is known as the biggest sandpit in western France, although La-Tranche-sur-Mer actually tops it with 13km of sandy beach. St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is the oldest port in the Vendée and if you like grilled sardines this is the place to go. Offshore, the islands of L’Ile-d’Yeu, with its wild coastline facing the Atlantic, and Noirmoutier, reached by its exceptional causeway the Passage du Gois (check the tide tables), are wonderful spots for day outings.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 8)
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- All rooms have direct access to terraces
- Direct access to garden and terraces
- 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms and WC
- Double bedroom (can be converted into a twin on request)
- Twin bedroom
- Bathroom with separate shower and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Travel cot (linen not provided) and highchair
- Satellite TV, DVD, CD, iPod dock
- Heating (included)
- Table tennis
- Outside shower
- Private heated swimming pool 6m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m throughout), fenced, security alarm, Roman steps, pool can be heated to 28°C weather permitting, open April to end September
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
- Housekeeping/cleaning €20 per hour (minimum 3 hours)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 70km
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 486km
- TGV stations
La Roche-sur-Yon 35km
La Rochelle 74km
Les Sables-d'Olonne 93km
- Beach 2-min walk
- Shops (Longeville-sur-Mer) 5-min walk
- Restaurants (Longeville-sur-Mer) 7-min walk
- Les Sables d’Olonne 40-min drive
- La Rochelle airport 1hr 15min drive
Excellent upside down house. very close to the beach.
The most beautiful house in a stunning location. The house had plenty of space indoors/ outdoors for our family of 5 and the very short walk to a beautiful beach was the cherry on top. The beach was idyllic - no bars/music - just families and groups of friends. The beach and sea, especially at sunset, provided the most amazing backdrop for family pics. There are no restaurants within walking distance but the kitchen was very well equipped and a pleasure to prepare meals. The nearest supermarket, Casino has the basics but Super U ,not much further away ,has a much better choice. Lovely walks along the beach or into the woods, in either direction. Rob and Michelle were super helpful and available if we needed anything. A gem of a holiday villa and we’d love to return.
The Vendee Beach House was the perfect holiday for our three generations. Reality was even better than the photos! Rob the house manager gave a great welcome & initial tour. There were so many different spaces both inside & outside to enjoy together & still have quiet moments. The pool (not huge but a good size & perfectly shaded by pine trees in the heat) & stone jacuzzi were both in constant use. Was perfect for littles having the upstairs area as living quarters - with stair gate it all felt very safe. Table tennis a big hit too. The long sandy beach was literally two minutes walk away - wonderful start to the day walking under the pine trees for early morning swim. It's a very quiet area - but we still found a beautiful little cafe a short beach walk away & a local tabac had fresh bread & croissants every day. It's not the easiest place to get to without a car - but a little piece of heaven once you're there. Everyrhing was even more perfect than we hoped for & the week just flew by. Thank you Rob & Simpson Travel!
Amazing villa in a lovely location, just steps away from a beautiful beach. Very spacious accommodation, it felt like a home. Pool and hot tub both great, we used them everyday. Highly recommended!
Lovely villa so close to a wonderful beach. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Sarah very helpful and always responded quickly. Many Thanks.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
They may not have Côte d’Azur chic, but the charming towns along Vendée’s Atlantic coastline have 200km of sandy beaches to make up for it. And don’t miss the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne, one of France’s original seaside destinations. Vendée is also home to La Roche-sur-Yon, a stately town built by Napoleon, who never envisaged the waterpark and golf courses there today. Venture inland and you’ll find the Marais Poitevin (Green Venice) with its canals, forest-covered hills, picturesque villages and historic abbeys.
And to complete the picture, choose from our handpicked collection of Vendée villas for a comfortable home from home to return to.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions